Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10-5-22 Reds vs Cubs 4:10

Re: 10-5-22 Reds vs Cubs 4:10

I wanted to avoid that 100th L(especially against the Cubs).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
    Turning over to watch World News. It’s more positive.
    LOL That's saying something, isn't it?
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Likes:

durl (10-05-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Barrero strikes out

Romine ground out 2B

Lopez strikes out

Cubs 9
    Reds 2
    end of 6

If ownership does absolutely nothing else in the offseason, I hope they spend some $ and buy us some decent bullpen arms. I know we have a ton of holes on this team, but at the very least, assemble a decent bullpen. It is so demoralizing to players and fans alike to take leads in a couple or three dozen games into the late innings only to see the lead evaporate like a ghost in a fog. Please fix the pen!!!
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

6. Likes:

durl (10-05-2022)

That sums up the Reds season.

8. Likes:

durl (10-05-2022),Kinsm (10-05-2022),NebraskaRed (10-05-2022),Ron Madden (10-05-2022)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

That’s the perfect ending. Reds should just leave after that.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    If ownership does absolutely nothing else in the offseason, I hope they spend some $ and buy us some decent bullpen arms. I know we have a ton of holes on this team, but at the very least, assemble a decent bullpen. It is so demoralizing to players and fans alike to take leads in a couple or three dozen games into the late innings only to see the lead evaporate like a ghost in a fog. Please fix the pen!!!
    Agreed. The offense e is bad but the easiest way to improve this team it to improve the pen.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

12-2 with just 1 out in the top of the 7th

They're going out with a bang... the Cubs that is

13. Likes:

durl (10-05-2022)

Chris and Barry were talking at length about the need for the Reds to pitch inside yet Romine keeps setting up outside. I don't get it.

13-2 middle of the 7th
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 10-05-2022 at 07:04 PM.

Honestly, I'm cool with the Reds ending the season like this. I hope it causes ownership to do something.

16. Likes:

Red Raindog (10-05-2022)

Pretty gangsta

Well, at least we won't have to look at some of these guys next year. They've ensured their release. Put some guys in the bullpen, get some offense.
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

Pirates win so the Reds will end the season tied for 4th or for last, depending on how you want to spin it.

20. Likes:

Red Raindog (10-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Chris and Barry were talking at length about the need for the Reds to pitch inside yet Romaine keeps setting up outside. I don't get it.

13-2 middle of the 7th

Good name for Austin. His bat is is about as effective as a piece of lettuce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    Honestly, I'm cool with the Reds ending the season like this. I hope it causes ownership to do something.
    I doubt this makes them want to do something(other than laugh at us hardy fans).
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Fraley infield single

Reynolds walks

Aramis Garcia fly out RF

Fairchild walks to load the bases

Steer strikes out

Siani pop up to 3B

Cubs 13
    Reds 2
    after 7 innings

Turn Off Ads?