Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: David Bell Back In 2023 - 5 Coaches Will Not

Re: David Bell Back In 2023 - 5 Coaches Will Not

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    When you have a roster like this, does it matter who leads them? lol
    Just the opposite. With all the young hitters that should be hitting the big leagues in the next couple of years it should be imperative they find a competent hitting coach.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-24-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Just the opposite. With all the young hitters that should be hitting the big leagues in the next couple of years it should be imperative they find a competent hitting coach.
    I absolutely agree with that. What is this organization's approach to hitting? I'm certainly no expert, but it would seem to me you'd settle on an approach, find, as you say, a competent hitting coach that teaches it, and then draft/develop players who "fit" that approach. When I look at the failed "rebuilds", or whatever they want to call it, over this last decade, that indicates to me this organization fails on all points, and has no sense of course or direction.... "Hey! Lets try this, and see if it works!"

Tony Perez- "I see da ball, and I hit the ball"
    Last edited by GAC; 11-25-2022 at 08:34 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

CySeymour (11-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    That's all well and good but is it the coaching or the talent? Surely these coaches the Reds have had over the last several years aren't all incompetent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

7. Likes:

mth123 (11-28-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That's all well and good but is it the coaching or the talent? Surely these coaches the Reds have had over the last several years aren't all incompetent.
    I'm not sure what your point is concerning the young hitters who will be hitting the majors over the next year or 2. What does the past coaches have to do with them?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Reds announced a bunch of coaching hirings and whatnot. Biggest name in the group is NFL Hall of Famer QB and broadcaster Terry Bradshaw as assistant hitting coach, which is a very Moneyball type hiring.

Turn Off Ads?