Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022/2023 MLB Offseason Thread

Re: 2022/2023 MLB Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I can see the BrewersZone meltdown now:

Brew Crew trades Hunter Renfroe for Junk!
    I am not looking to the Reds having to face a Junk ball starter a few times a season,. It almost never goes well.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Mark Sheldon
    @m_sheldon
    Source tells MLB .com that the Reds and catcher Tucker Barnhart have been in touch about a potential return. Barnhart is still looking for a team where he could be a primary catcher.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

I have a lot of respect for Tucker but he's just not a primary catcher anymore

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-24-2022),Ron Madden (11-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I have a lot of respect for Tucker but he's just not a primary catcher anymore
    Totally agree. Can’t blame the guy for doing due diligence to see what his market is though. I’d not mind him coming back at all in a reserve role. Maybe even for a few seasons. I think he’d make a great leader for some of the younger guys coming up.

7. Likes:

MoneyInTheBank (11-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Brewers fire sale?

https://twitter.com/Angels/status/1595258352019218432

Los Angeles Angels

@Angels

Official
    OFFICIAL: The Angels today acquired OF Hunter Renfroe from the Milwaukee Brewers in exchange for RHP Janson Junk, RHP Elvis Peguero and minor league LHP Adam Seminaris.
    It makes way too much sense for the Reds to go after Jo Adell at this point. See what he can do with a full opportunity in the pinball machine that’s GABP. The Reds basically have nothing in RF right now.

9. Likes:

Edd Roush (11-24-2022),MoneyInTheBank (11-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Totally agree. Can’t blame the guy for doing due diligence to see what his market is though. I’d not mind him coming back at all in a reserve role. Maybe even for a few seasons. I think he’d make a great leader for some of the younger guys coming up.
    For sure. His agent isn't doing his job if he doesn't gauge that market. I would also be fine with a reunion, especially if they would go back to last year's plan at backup catcher

11. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    It makes way too much sense for the Reds to go after Jo Adell at this point. See what he can do with a full opportunity in the pinball machine that’s GABP. The Reds basically have nothing in RF right now.
    I'd love to see the Reds get a bit aggressive in going after young "failed" talent from other squads.

I continue to be disappointing with their front office and ownership.

They're just so conservative that it completely hampers any type of development or chance to win.

The genius of Tampa (and Cleveland) is in its front office's decisive actions. They go out and grab players and are consistently among the most active trade partners in the game. Cleveland excised most of its roster last year.

The Reds just... wait. They hem and haw. They look for easy or obvious solutions.

I hate this front office.

I hate this ownership group-- who likely hamstrings the front office with needless red tape-- even more.

Love the game. Hate the guys who think they own it-- and aren't willing to take chances to win. (Or worse, choose to play a whole different game while making millions. Red ownership is winning, honestly-- they're raking in tens of millions while doing next to nothing. None of them care about winning. At all. Reprehensible, the lot of them.)

13. Likes:

Edd Roush (11-24-2022),Fil3232 (11-25-2022),LeatherPants (11-24-2022),MoneyInTheBank (11-24-2022),REDREAD (11-29-2022),Redsfan6272 (11-25-2022),wally post (11-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I'd love to see the Reds get a bit aggressive in going after young "failed" talent from other squads.

They're just so conservative that it completely hampers any type of development or chance to win.

The genius of Tampa (and Cleveland) is in its front office's decisive actions. They go out and grab players and are consistently among the most active trade partners in the game. Cleveland excised most of its roster last year.

The Reds just... wait. They hem and haw. They look for easy or obvious solutions.

I hate this ownership group-- who likely hamstrings the front office with needless red tape-- even more.

Love the game. Hate the guys who think they own it-- and aren't willing to take chances to win. (Or worse, choose to play a whole different game while making millions. Red ownership is winning, honestly-- they're raking in tens of millions while doing next to nothing. None of them care about winning. At all. Reprehensible, the lot of them.)
    For example, Kyle Farmer. Were the trade deadline offers worse than an unremarkable 25 year old AA pitcher? What did the organization gain by keeping him around? Did they not know next year's budget yet?

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-24-2022),Coopdaddy67 (11-25-2022),Edd Roush (11-24-2022),Tom Servo (11-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

They really need to press the failed prospect market hard. That’s how they got Phillips years ago. Another guy they should have been all over was Kyle Lewis. Didn’t take much for the DBacks to pry him away.

17. Likes:

Eric in IL (11-26-2022),Revering4Blue (11-25-2022),wally post (11-25-2022)

Cubs Interested In Michael Conforto, Cody Bellinger

Outfielders Michael Conforto and Cody Bellinger are both risky bets with huge payoff potential and it seems the Cubs are interested in putting some money down there. Neither Bellinger nor Conforto will require top-of-the-market deals, given their recent struggles.

For the Cubs, it’s not shocking to see that they are considering adding an outfielder with their lack of clarity on the grass. Seiya Suzuki is the only long-term piece in place right now, as he has four years remaining on his contract and should have right field locked down.

Ian Happ should be the everyday option in LF but he is just one year away from reaching free agency.

After rebuilding in recent years, the Cubs have been rumored to be considering more aggressive spending in order to help push back to contention.

The Cubs should have lots of payroll room to work with, as they are currently pegged at about $127MM, per Roster Resource. That’s well shy of 2022’s $143MM Opening Day figure and their franchise high of $203MM from 2019,
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...bellinger.html
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 11-25-2022 at 08:12 PM.

From Passan

First baseman Carlos Santana and the Pittsburgh Pirates are in agreement on a one-year, $6.7 million contract, pending physical, sources familiar with the agreement tell ESPN.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    From Passan

First baseman Carlos Santana and the Pittsburgh Pirates are in agreement on a one-year, $6.7 million contract, pending physical, sources familiar with the agreement tell ESPN.
    Why? That's 7 million wasted. He's a league minimum replacement player at best at this point in his career.

21. Likes:

texasdave (11-25-2022),Tom Servo (11-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Why? That's 7 million wasted. He's a league minimum replacement player at best at this point in his career.
    I think everyone who hits left handed (Santana is a switch hitter) is going to get overpaid this off-season.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

23. Likes:

goreds2 (11-25-2022),RED VAN HOT (11-26-2022),Revering4Blue (11-25-2022)

But, the post-game concerts are going to be exquisite.

25. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-26-2022),Big Klu (11-25-2022),cumberlandreds (11-26-2022),NC Reds (11-26-2022),Revering4Blue (11-26-2022),SomeCallMeTim (11-28-2022)

Yeah Santana hasn't managed an OPS over .700 since 2019, strange to pay him that much.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?