Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022/2023 MLB Offseason Thread

Re: 2022/2023 MLB Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I don't think any of the proposals thus far would get the Pirates to trade Reynolds to the Reds. I can't see them letting him go in a deal that does not enable them to put somebody on the field in Pittsburgh right away. They know what we have. I think the conversation starts with 1 of De LaCruz or Marte, one of the three starters, Greene. Lodolo, Ashcraft, and one or more prospects depending on which starter we send them. Marte, Ashcraft, Petty might get it done. But that's a lot of years of major league control to sacrifice. I don't think I'd make the trade. I might make Wrong Verb's but I don't see the Pirates doing that. Danger is they don't get anywhere near in ML value what Reynolds will produce over the next three years. Too much depends on Stewart and the comp pick.
    First, huge difference in value between Greene/Lodolo and Ashcraft, and huge difference in value between De La Cruz and Marte. No way the Pirates would ask for Greene, Lodolo or De La Cruz. Way too much upside for all three for any team to risk trading them at this point. Ashcraft and Marte are another story, they are available for the right return.

Second, if the Pirates are trading Reynolds, they are in for the long term rebuild. They will not want anyone who already has service time. So no Ashcraft. Replace him with someone close the majors, with zero service time.

Third, the Pirates have been wanting quantity over quality lately. They likely will want one big prospect, and 3 or low ceiling, high floor prospects, not two bigger prospects and just one more solid prospect.

Remember, this is the Pirates. Look at their recent trades. Expect them to disappoint fans when they trade Reynolds.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    First, huge difference in value between Greene/Lodolo and Ashcraft, and huge difference in value between De La Cruz and Marte. No way the Pirates would ask for Greene, Lodolo or De La Cruz. Way too much upside for all three for any team to risk trading them at this point. Ashcraft and Marte are another story, they are available for the right return.

Second, if the Pirates are trading Reynolds, they are in for the long term rebuild. They will not want anyone who already has service time. So no Ashcraft. Replace him with someone close the majors, with zero service time.

Third, the Pirates have been wanting quantity over quality lately. They likely will want one big prospect, and 3 or low ceiling, high floor prospects, not two bigger prospects and just one more solid prospect.

Remember, this is the Pirates. Look at their recent trades. Expect them to disappoint fans when they trade Reynolds.
    I don't know 75. In one thread you are telling us "the Reds executed the teardown perfectly!" and in another you are telling us "don't worry, it's the Pirates. They'll screw it up"

4. Likes:

HokieRed (12-05-2022)

Id let the Pirates choose any 3 prospects other than Elly, Collier and Petty.

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    Id let the Pirates choose any 3 prospects other than Elly, Collier and Petty.
    If I'm the Pirates, I'm not making the deal without some kind of major league player coming my way. I'd ask for Lodolo with the expectation the Reds will counter with Ashcraft, who, by the way, has virtually no service time and is a free agent in 2029. Then, if the counter is Ashcraft, the number 3 player coming has to be a better prospect--ii.e. Petty. I'd expect, if I were the Reds, to pay Ashcraft, Marte, and Petty. BTW, I think it's a bad principle in general to assume the team on the other side of a transaction is stupid. My conclusion is the Reds probably should stay away from Reynolds, though of course they should be in conversation about Reynolds with the Pirates. Kick the tires, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Got to be a good case for Votto getting in

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Got to be a good case for Votto getting in
    He’s a lock.

From Passan:

Right-hander Justin Verlander and the New York Mets are in agreement on a contract, sources familiar with the deal tell ESPN.
    From Heyman:

$86M 2 years. Vesting option 3rd year.

The Mets salaries for Verlander, Scherzer, and Lindor are more than the Reds entire team payroll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

11. Likes:

REDREAD (12-08-2022),Ron Madden (12-05-2022)

$ 43 million per for a 40 year old pitcher.....not saying verlander isn't worth it, but wow.

Meanwhile the Reds are looking like they will try to have the entire teams payroll under $100.

Where ya gonna go?

13. Likes:

REDREAD (12-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    The Mets salaries for Verlander, Scherzer, and Lindor are more than the Reds entire team payroll.
    The Reds could spend the total of those three contracts and Red ownership would still make approximately $100 million in profit from revenue sharing, media money, and gate receipts.

Trea Turner to the Phillies. 11 years, $300M

https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/st...Jut_RQKr_CqUkQ

Trea Turner to the Phillies: 300 million, 11 years

Wonder if the Dodgers would have faith to simply slide Lux in at the SS vacancy with Turner moving on to Philly or if they will make a move for Correa or Swanson?

Turner is a perfect fit for the Phils that's going to be a really fun team to watch. It must be nice to be a fan of one of these teams that's actually trying to win.

19. Likes:

REDREAD (12-08-2022),Ron Madden (12-05-2022)

All the talk about spending money and the two mega signings this year and those last indicate that players don't have to be really HoF quality or injury free to receive $30 million and upward for muliple years. Just for fun - how much would the Reds get for their current catcher or either of their two pitchers. All the chatter on what did management do with the influx of $20m well Philadelphia spent it on 2/3 of a year on a new player. NBA salaries for stars. and I am of the age to remember when Pete Rose wanted to become the first $100k singles hitter.

Turn Off Ads?