I take Bochy over Bell in a heartbeat
    Bochy already did his time with a team pleading poor all the time (Padres),
    Go Gators!

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-15-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2022/2023 MLB Offseason Thread

Cody Bellinger benched for NLDS Game 4 with future as Dodger in doubt

Cody Bellinger did not start against right-hander Joe Musgrove, and there is a very real possibility that he could become a non-tendered free agent this offseason

Benched against San Diego Padres left-hander Blake Snell in Game 3, Bellinger was not in the starting lineup for Game 4 either despite the Padres starting a right-handed pitcher, Joe Musgrove.

Bellinger has made $33 million while hitting .193 with a .611 OPS over the past two seasons. He is eligible for salary arbitration for the final time this winter – which almost always guarantees a salary increase.

That has created the very real possibility that the Dodgers will not tender him a contract, allowing him to become a free agent rather than risk paying even more than this year’s $17 million for a superb defensive player who has devolved into a hitter the Dodgers don’t want in their lineup when facing postseason elimination.
    https://www.ocregister.com/2022/10/1...dger-in-doubt/

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

They will replace him with Judge.. you watch!!

Bet the Dodgers, after getting knocked out again, go after Jacob deGrom to replace Bueler, sign Aaron Judge to play CF or RF (Betts plays the spot Judge doesnt, then signs Bogarts to play SS and if Nolan Arendano opst out, to play 3rd...

7. Likes:

UK Reds Fan (10-17-2022)

After 18 tense innings, the Seattle Mariners finally fell to the Houston Astros yesterday in the American League Division Series, having returned to playoff baseball for the first time since the 2001 season.

The Mariners, who had been projected by ESPN to finish the 2022 season a hair over .500 with an 82-80 record, showed that 2021 was no fluke, following up their 90-win 2021 campaign by winning another 90 games en route to a Wild Card berth.

Following the game, backstop Cal Raleigh announced to reports that he had been playing with a broken thumb and a torn ligament in his left hand, per Adam Jude of the Seattle Times. Raleigh had been playing through the thumb injury since early September, but he had not revealed the extent of the injury prior to Saturday’s game.

In the wake of yesterday’s defeat, the Mariners’ front office will turn their heads toward the 2023 season and free agency.

Long-time Mariner Mitch Haniger, trade-deadline addition Carlos Santana, and Adam Frazier will all be free agents following the World Series.

The Mariners’ decision regarding Haniger, who turns 32 in December, will be quite complicated.

The Mariners boast a crowded outfield headlined by AL Rookie of the Year favorite Julio Rodriguez, with former top prospect Jarred Kelenic, Dylan Moore, former AL Rookie of the Year Kyle Lewis, and Taylor Trammell.

Lewis has struggled to produce at a high level since suffering a right meniscus tear in 2021, and Kelenic and Trammell have both struggled to adjust to Major League pitching.
    read more:
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...er-flexen.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

If the Dodgers get rid of Bellinger, I'd absolutely take a crack at him, were I Krall.

10. Likes:

Old school 1983 (10-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    If the Dodgers get rid of Bellinger, I'd absolutely take a crack at him, were I Krall.
    For free, sure. Not sure I’d give up any resources for him.

Aquino was better offensively than Bellinger over the last two seasons. I’d say odds are about the same for either of them being good in 2023.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

The Mariners are going to go on a spending/trading spree this offseason. I would target their young OF.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

Old school 1983 (10-17-2022)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    For free, sure. Not sure I’d give up any resources for him.

Aquino was better offensively than Bellinger over the last two seasons. I’d say odds are about the same for either of them being good in 2023.
    Bellinger seems like the quintessential change-of-scenery candidate. Aquino, not so much.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The Mariners are going to go on a spending/trading spree this offseason. I would target their young OF.
    They're going to be looking for players that can put their team over the top to a world series winner. I doubt the Reds have many players they would be interested in on offense, and the Reds won't be moving any of the big four rookie pitchers. The only way I see them matching up is if the Mariners are looking to move a player like Kyle Lewis for a prospect to free up a roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Bellinger seems like the quintessential change-of-scenery candidate.
    Putting Bellinger in a bandbox rather than Chavez Ravine should see an immediate boost to his power totals. So too might the end up the shift.

17. Likes:

goreds2 (10-17-2022),Old school 1983 (10-17-2022)

Some Jesse Winker scuttlebutt from Ryan Divish's radio show today. They haven't posted audio yet, but here's a Twitter summary:

Divish on 710 just shed light on winker

Said by end of year his act became tired w/ other players

Said he’s oppo of Haniger when it comes to preparing

When he couldn’t post in both games of DH, it pissed players off cause others had to play 18 innings unexpectedly.

Said he believes Scott & org will be having a tough convo w/ winker re: making some changes or you’ll see the mariners just move on

Wink wasn’t putting in the work to improve defense or gain strength

Sounds like he just showed up to park & wanted to play.

Which is oppo of the culture of this team/org and it wore on players by the end of the year

Hope winker can make those changes but it’s 50/50 at best he returns I think based on that.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Some Jesse Winker scuttlebutt from Ryan Divish's radio show today. They haven't posted audio yet, but here's a Twitter summary:
    It's possible that this says nothing about the culture in Cincinnati, but maybe it says a lot.

20. Likes:

REDREAD (10-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    It's possible that this says nothing about the culture in Cincinnati, but maybe it says a lot.
    My guess is nothing. Say what you will about last year’s team, but I wouldn’t accuse any of them of dogging it.

22. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Geno and Castillo have had no problems so I'd say if it's true it says a lot about Winker.

24. Likes:

757690 (10-19-2022),Sea Ray (10-18-2022)

Turn Off Ads?