Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

Other one is at 1,000 posts.

Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

Its pretty clear the 4 teams for the playoff should all come from the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    They beat his Mountaineers this past weekend.
    Did they...I barely recall anything from this weekend beyond another monster performance against a P5 defense by Will Levis........
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Its pretty clear the 4 teams for the playoff should all come from the SEC.

You have been listening to too much of Sea Ray's propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    You have been listening to too much of Sea Ray's propaganda.
    When did I ever suggest such a thing? Sure the SEC is far and away the best football conference but I'm not ready to say the top four teams this year are from the conference. At this point I think OSU is definitely one of the top teams but I haven't seen them play a challenging team yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    When did I ever suggest such a thing? Sure the SEC is far and away the best football conference but I'm not ready to say the top four teams this year are from the conference. At this point I think OSU is definitely one of the top teams but I haven't seen them play a challenging team yet.
    A challenging team to you is a team from the SEC. lol

A challenging team to you is a team from the SEC. lol
    Another fallacy on your part. Michigan is definitely a challenging team and I look forward to that matchup on Thanksgiving weekend.

How many Big Ten games have been compelling and fun to watch so far this year? PSU vs OSU? Possibly. You think Sean Clifford would start for any SEC team above Missouri and Vanderbilt? Iowa and Wisconsin has been very poor television. Won't even get started with Rutgers, Northwestern and your own Hoosiers. As a fan I'd much rather watch a PAC12, Big 12 or SEC game than a Big Ten game this year. Outside of OSU and UM the Big Ten teams seem very slow

Another fallacy on your part. Michigan is definitely a challenging team and I look forward to that matchup on Thanksgiving weekend.

How many Big Ten games have been compelling and fun to watch so far this year? PSU vs OSU? Possibly. You think Sean Clifford would start for any SEC team above Missouri and Vanderbilt? Iowa and Wisconsin has been very poor television. Won't even get started with Rutgers, Northwestern and your own Hoosiers. As a fan I'd much rather watch a PAC12, Big 12 or SEC game than a Big Ten game this year. Outside of OSU and UM the Big Ten teams seem very slow
    Didn't Clifford kick the snot out of Auburn?

10. Likes:

GAC (11-04-2022)

Georgia has lost Nolan Smith for the rest of the season. Massive hit for that defense.

I won't say 4, but it's hard not to look at it and think Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama shouldnt all be there. They'll need some help to pull it off, mainly needing someone to knock off Clemson who has at Notre Dame, vs. Miami, vs. South Carolina, and the ACC CG, likely against UNC. Ohio St. will play Michigan and that game is almost certainly going to be for a CFP spot.

As far as the SEC plays out for those 3 you have:
    #1 Georgia - vs. #2 Tennessee, at Mississippi St, at Kentucky, vs. Georgia Tech
    #2 Tennessee - at #2 Georgia, vs. Missouri, at South Carolina, at Vanderbilt
    #6 Alabama - at #15 LSU, at #11 Ole Miss, vs. Austin Peay, vs. Auburn

Still a lot to shake out but if things go as expected (favored teams) im guessing they would play out with undefeated Georgia meeting 1 loss Alabama in Atlanta for the SEC CG while a 1 loss Tennessee rests at home. If that happens, that being the only loss any of them take is in the UGA/UT game and then Alabama beats the winner of that game in Atlanta you would have 12-1 Georgia or Tennessee, 12-1 SEC champion Alabama, and 11-1 Georgia or Tennessee. I think that's the scenario where all 3 could get in, unless Clemson goes undefeated as well as one of Michigan or Ohio State. Then it would get really interesting. If Alabama wins out but losses the SEC CG I think you can cross them out with 2 losses unless Clemson fails to win the ACC.

Honestly this would be a perfect year to have 8 teams
    Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, TCU, and whoever emerges from Oregon/UCLA/USC to win the P12 would be a fantastic 8 team CFP.

Didn't Clifford kick the snot out of Auburn?
    First of all Auburn is horrible this year, hence their firing of their coach yesterday...but here's what the PSU coach said after the game:

"The ability to be more balanced and take pressure off the passing game has been really important for us," said Penn State coach James Franklin. "We also have some dynamic backs that can help create some explosive plays."
    Sure doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement of his QB, huh?

The SEC isn’t getting 3 teams in without total craziness.

I also don’t think Alabama gets through the next 2 games without dropping one.

First of all Auburn is horrible this year, hence their firing of their coach yesterday...but here's what the PSU coach said after the game:

Well then it appears to me that Clifford could start for Auburn.

Honestly, I have no idea why Franklin hasn't made a QB change. I called for it after their 1st game that they got lucky and won over Purdue(which was a great game btw).

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    The SEC isn’t getting 3 teams in without total craziness.

I also don’t think Alabama gets through the next 2 games without dropping one.
    I don't think it would take total craziness. But the SEC would need some things to break their way. Which is very possible.

Well then it appears to me that Clifford could start for Auburn.

Honestly, I have no idea why Franklin hasn't made a QB change. I called for it after their 1st game that they got lucky and won over Purdue(which was a great game btw).
    If you wanna add Auburn to my list, I have no beef with that

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it would take total craziness. But the SEC would need some things to break their way. Which is very possible.
    I'm not for putting 3 teams from one conference in the playoff even if it's warranted. We don't need to see more rematches or even worse, teams possibly playing each other 3x

Turn Off Ads?