Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I am not wrong about this lmao. See: tattoogate
    Yeah you aren’t wrong. It’s ridiculous this was held until now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Interesting. Bowl games themselves can offer NIL deals. Could prevent some opt-outs.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...-deal.amp.html

Don’t shoot the messenger as this isn’t football related but ex-2022 Nebraska interim head coach Mickey Joseph was arrested for a domestic disturbance where he allegedly punched and choked a victim.

https://www.1011now.com/2022/11/30/m...outputType=amp

Do I just need to start a college football crime thread?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

Do I just need to start a college football crime thread?
    Would pair well with the college basketball crime thread. The one where some New Mexico students lured a New Mexico State player to campus and shot him the day before the two schools were to play was pretty insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    If USC loses, I’d say OSU is in. USC will have 2 losses.

If TCU loses, it probably depends on how bad the loss is.
    If TCU loses they get screwed again by the playoff committee just like before. In exchange the TV networks gets their precious blue blood in.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I'm not really sure how TCU would be screwed by not getting in with a loss. Does anyone here think there's any chance that Ohio State would lose to Kansas State?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm not really sure how TCU would be screwed by not getting in with a loss. Does anyone here think there's any chance that Ohio State would lose to Kansas State?
    The Big 12 is a pretty balanced league this season, but I don't know if they have a top tier team. It will be interesting to see what would happen if TCU were to lose. They have the argument that they would have made the playoff if they weren't "forced' to play in a championship game. But if you play the hypothetical, what would OSU have done with that schedule, well then you bring an interesting debate to the table.

Also, if the Big Ten was set up like the Big XII, Ohio State would be playing Michigan again this weekend, so to me it's a bad argument to give credit to TCU for making the championship game and ding OSU for not doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The Big 12 is a pretty balanced league this season, but I don't know if they have a top tier team. It will be interesting to see what would happen if TCU were to lose. They have the argument that they would have made the playoff if they weren't "forced' to play in a championship game. But if you play the hypothetical, what would OSU have done with that schedule, well then you bring an interesting debate to the table.
    And you can flip that and imagine what TCU would have done with OSU’s schedule. Would they have survived PSU/ND/UM with just one loss?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    And you can flip that and imagine what TCU would have done with OSU’s schedule. Would they have survived PSU/ND/UM with just one loss?
    Probably. Ohio State's schedule was not good.

Beating K State and Texas is basically the equivalent of beating Penn State and Notre Dame (being very generous to ND). They'd probably lose to Michigan, but we already know how Ohio State did.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 12-02-2022 at 10:59 AM.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-02-2022)

Probably. Ohio State's schedule was not good.
    I don’t have TCU beating PSU at Happy Valley or UM at home. I think ND would be close at home so I’ll give them that.

TCU had a schedule loaded with B grade teams. OSU had a couple A teams, a B, then several C/D teams. I don’t know what grade I give Tarlton State however.

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-02-2022)

Texas on the road isn't any easier than Penn State in Happy Valley. And I'd probably take TCU +21.5 against Michigan at home.

Texas on the road isn't any easier than Penn State in Happy Valley.
    Doubt
    What would you say.....ya do here?

How about TCU +21.5 vs. Michigan at home?

FWIW, I think Ohio State is a better team than TCU. I just think it's a terrible argument to claim TCU wouldn't have done better than 2-1 against that group of Ohio State opponents when TCU beat a number of good teams in a number of difficult environments.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 12-02-2022 at 12:51 PM.

How about TCU +21.5 vs. Michigan at home?

FWIW, I think Ohio State is a better team than TCU. I just think it's a terrible argument to claim TCU wouldn't have done better than 2-1 against that group of Ohio State opponents when TCU beat a number of good in a number of difficult environments.
    I don’t think it’s terrible to believe (of course this is hypothetical…that goes without saying) that TCU would lose to PSU in Happy Valley and lose to UM at home.

Terrible?

Turn Off Ads?