Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I don't think it would take total craziness. But the SEC would need some things to break their way. Which is very possible.
    Just the scenario within the SEC is hard. Alabama wins out, Tennessee beats Georgia this weekend and loses to Bama, no other upsets. Could happen, but wouldn’t bet it.

Ohio State/Michigan would have to be a blow out for one team to knock the other out of the conversation.

TCU has to lose.

USC/Oregon/UCLA would have to eliminate each other or USC has to lose to ND.

Clemson has to lose (I actually think this is pretty likely) and it probably has to be ugly.

Then there is more long shot stuff like what if UNC or Illinois (I know I know) win out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    First of all Auburn is horrible this year, hence their firing of their coach yesterday
    Auburn does stink but their play on the field isn't the only reason Harsin got fired
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Clemson who has at Notre Dame, vs. Miami, vs. South Carolina, and the ACC CG, likely against UNC.
    You skipped Louisville for Clemson. Of that group, I think Louisville has the second best shot to beat Clemson behind ND based on how Louisville is playing right now.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    You skipped Louisville for Clemson. Of that group, I think Louisville has the second best shot to beat Clemson behind ND based on how Louisville is playing right now.
    I suppose I could bring myself to root for the Cards when they face Clemson.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I don't see it happening. Louisville going into DV for their first road game in 6 weeks and a week removed from playing James Madison sets them up terribly. Clemson's recent schedule has been one of the nations toughest, while Louisville has been on easy street outside of the Wake game.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Did they...I barely recall anything from this weekend beyond another monster performance against a P5 defense by Will Levis........
    Yep, Levis sucked on the big stage again. Nothing new.

Who do you have as the best team in the Big 12 and beating TCU?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Some comments.

Yeah, SEC is the best conference. So much talent.

If Penn State and Iowa had good QBs, they’d be pretty good teams. But Clifford and the Iowa guy are just plain awful. There is a lot of QB talent around. I can’t imagine why they don’t get someone better. Doesn’t speak well for the Big 10.

Things usually shake out by seasons end. I imagine 2 SEC teams, OSU/UM, and the 4th team is up in the air right now. Clemson, TCU, Oregon, SEC team, USC, UM/OSU ??
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

9. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-01-2022)

I think Sean Clifford is somewhat unfairly being dragged in this thread. He's not a CFP-caliber QB, but he's no slouch either. I'd consider him a middle-of-the-pack QB from a top P5 conference. Is the gap between him and Stetson Bennett so large?

Iowa's troubles on offense go way deeper than QB. It's a philosophical, system-wide problem for them to score points right now...

11. Likes:

Chip R (11-01-2022),GAC (11-04-2022),RedTeamGo! (11-01-2022),Revering4Blue (11-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I think Sean Clifford is somewhat unfairly being dragged in this thread. He's not a CFP-caliber QB, but he's no slouch either. I'd consider him a middle-of-the-pack QB from a top P5 conference. Is the gap between him and Stetson Bennett so large?

Iowa's troubles on offense go way deeper than QB. It's a philosophical, system-wide problem for them to score points right now...
    Oh yeah, there is a tremendous gap between Clifford and Bennett. Clifford isn't leading any team to an NC

LOL. You just told us why Clifford should be benched. Is Penn St. a middle-of-the-pack school?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Oh yeah, there is a tremendous gap between Clifford and Bennett. Clifford isn't leading any team to an NC
    https://www.si.com/college/pennstate...-sean-clifford

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    LOL. You just told us why Clifford should be benched. Is Penn St. a middle-of-the-pack school?
    First of all, I'm already on the record in this thread in questioning why Allar isn't playing. Second of all, you can have a top team with a mediocre QB if the talent around him and his defense is strong enough. See: Georgia Bulldogs...

Hypothetical:

Put Clifford on Georgia, do they have the same production?

Stetson Bennett was a former walk on and he managed that team to a national championship.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Just the scenario within the SEC is hard. Alabama wins out, Tennessee beats Georgia this weekend and loses to Bama, no other upsets. Could happen, but wouldn’t bet it.

Ohio State/Michigan would have to be a blow out for one team to knock the other out of the conversation.

TCU has to lose.

USC/Oregon/UCLA would have to eliminate each other or USC has to lose to ND.

Clemson has to lose (I actually think this is pretty likely) and it probably has to be ugly.

Then there is more long shot stuff like what if UNC or Illinois (I know I know) win out.
    UGA beats UT
    Bama beats UGA

And they all win the rest of their games.

I’m not saying 3 will get on but each of those 1-loss teams would have a very compelling argument.

I don't think there is that much of a difference. Bennett is older, albeit by only a year, I forgot Clifford was that old! Bennett won the championship with the best defense college football has seen in decades. I don't think he really does anything better than an average P5 QB, he just has a tremendous amount of elite talent surrounding him.

Clifford's problem, or maybe PSU's problem, was he was good enough to win the QB job at an early age, but not good enough to take them to the next level. I don't really fault PSU for Levis, he was a lower ranked recruit, you never really heard anything about him, and when he did play (against OSU at least) he was a change of pace bulldozer of a QB.

The thing with PSU is the are a 10-2 football team, but they aren't in the same league is their two division rivals. Where I give Harbaugh credit is he knew McNamera was limited and the team had a higher ceiling with McCarthy. He may have had a sham competition, but at least he did that. PSU may have an additional loss, but with Allar they would have had a better chance at beating both OSU and Michigan.

Iowa is a mess, Ferentz has hung on too long and has too much power. No QB is going to go to Iowa with the current system they are running and the ineptitude of their OC. Its kinda like this never ending death spiral with Iowa. They do a great job on D, churn out NFL players on D, but their offense is stuck back 20 years. If you look at Ferentz's career arch, it seems to repeat itself over and over and over again. He has that one season where Iowa overachieves, he signs and extension, and then has a couple of terrible seasons.

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-01-2022),Assembly Hall (11-01-2022),Revering4Blue (11-01-2022)

Turn Off Ads?