Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    You know Gonzaga doesn't play football, right?
    But they do have Bing Crosby as an alum. That should count for something shouldn't it?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-29-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    JMO. But if any "window" appears that allows this Committe to put OSU in there, they will.

$$$$$$$$ they draw big in Bowl games, and, IMO, a possibly re-match between the B10's top two teams in a nationally-televised NC game would be a huge draw/success. And how often does this scenario present itself? We saw it last year with the SEC. So I don't put it past this committee that this is in the back of their minds. Why? I can't believe they only dropped them 3 spots to #5 after that shellacking at home (lol).
    They haven’t put them at 5 yet. That’s the AP poll. The CFP rankings come out this evening.

I do agree with your overall points. I think if USC or TCU lose OSU is in and they absolutely do not deserve to be.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    You know Gonzaga doesn't play football, right?
    Neither does Johns Hopkins, but they are in the same conference as Ohio State.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

One third of the Top-17 Football Teams currently reside in the PAC-12 per the AP Rankings, making the PAC-12 the toughest gauntlet of teams for anyone to have to go through to try to be undefeated. Six of the Top-17 teams currently reside in the PAC-12. Heck, the PAC-12 plays Notre Dame more than the Big-10 does, and Notre Dame is in their Conference. When the CFP rankings come out today, it will confirm that the toughest Conference in the nation belongs to the PAC-12 having the most representatives in the Top-17, one-third of the best belonging to the PAC-12.

Make believe all you want. Come up with all the excuses you can, but the proof is documented right here.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    They haven’t put them at 5 yet. That’s the AP poll. The CFP rankings come out this evening.

I do agree with your overall points. I think if USC or TCU lose OSU is in and they absolutely do not deserve to be.
    If USC loses, no PAC-12 team should be in, of course, but it should probably be LSU, if they win the SEC title game, or Alabama if Georgia wins it.

No, honestly, I get the hate for OSU (people love to hate successful teams) and I’ve been a very outspoken critic against Day and the program since the game so I’m not even disagreeing with the overall narrative. I’m not even mad about it, it just seems like the world is celebrating Michigan smoking OSU and there’s just a constant barrage of articles right now by every single college football writer. I don’t remember this much content when Auburn beats Bama or Oklahoma beats Texas or whatever. I might be crazy, that’s why I asked the room.
    Aside from the cockiness of OSU fans nationally, it's the only tough game OSU has had all year, going by point spreads. OSU was 15 point plus favorites in every game this year prior to Mich, therefore folks are wondering how good they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Neither does Johns Hopkins, but they are in the same conference as Ohio State.
    Good point. And Kentucky is in the Sun Belt.

If USC loses, no PAC-12 team should be in, of course, but it should probably be LSU, if they win the SEC title game, or Alabama if Georgia wins it.
    LSU has three losses and just lost to Texas A&M

- - - Updated - - -

One third of the Top-17 Football Teams currently reside in the PAC-12 per the AP Rankings, making the PAC-12 the toughest gauntlet of teams for anyone to have to go through to try to be undefeated. Six of the Top-17 teams currently reside in the PAC-12. Heck, the PAC-12 plays Notre Dame more than the Big-10 does, and Notre Dame is in their Conference. When the CFP rankings come out today, it will confirm that the toughest Conference in the nation belongs to the PAC-12 having the most representatives in the Top-17, one-third of the best belonging to the PAC-12.

Make believe all you want. Come up with all the excuses you can, but the proof is documented right here.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings
    Notre Dame is in the big ten? Man where do you get this stuff?

Notre Dame is in the big ten? Man where do you get this stuff?
    Notre Dame IS in the Big Ten. In hockey. Don't you feel silly?

12. Likes:

Puffy (12-02-2022)

Speaking of OSU hate. The past two days I keep seeing articles published over and over and over again by national college football writers singing the praises of UM and how much they dominated OSU (they did) and whatnot. Basically saying Harbaugh is a genius and owns OSU now, etc.

Am I crazy - I do not remember a firehose of articles like this after OSU beat Michigan 15 out of 17 tries or whatever it was. Does the world just absolutely hate OSU and love Michigan? I get hating OSU, but does like everyone love Michigan and I just didn’t realize it?

The Athletic right now is basically mgoblog. Not even kidding.
    It gets clicks. At the end of the day its about getting eyeballs to your site and selling advertisement.

I can run down a litany of people, Trev Alberts, Mark May, Desmond Howard, who have been hired and made it their schtick to troll OSU. It was kind of refreshing watching the Big Noon coverage where there wasn't someone whose sole purpose on the show was to troll OSU.

But yea, Michigan won, take the victory lap, enjoy it, I just don't care to read all the junk out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    It gets clicks. At the end of the day its about getting eyeballs to your site and selling advertisement.

I can run down a litany of people, Trev Alberts, Mark May, Desmond Howard, who have been hired and made it their schtick to troll OSU. It was kind of refreshing watching the Big Noon coverage where there wasn't someone whose sole purpose on the show was to troll OSU.

But yea, Michigan won, take the victory lap, enjoy it, I just don't care to read all the junk out there.
    Urban Meyer certainly falls into that category regarding UM. And yes it's all about the clicks and getting partisan fans worked up.

Certainly is harmless and certainly it is stupid at the end of the day

15. Likes:

bucksfan2 (11-29-2022),GAC (11-30-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Urban Meyer certainly falls into that category regarding UM. And yes it's all about the clicks and getting partisan fans worked up.

Urban is really the only guy with a national reach that came out really pro-OSU.

There has been a lot of vitriol directed at Kirk Herbstreit for being down the middle during his tenure at ESPN. You have him making down the middle football points on one side of the desk while Desmond Howard is acting a fool on the other side.

FWIW I like Herbie, I like that he can remain neutral. I want to hear someone's unbiased opinion.

17. Likes:

GAC (11-30-2022),Revering4Blue (11-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

I don’t really care about Desmond Howard’s shtick on the shows but I did draw the line at what he did to Stroud during the Heisman ceremony last year. Absolutely classless.

I can't stand Desmond Howard's laughing and clapping while on stage. It's unprofessional. I don't want to see him clapping at their inside jokes. Do that at your party, not on national tv when you're supposed to be an analyst

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I can't stand Desmond Howard's laughing and clapping while on stage. It's unprofessional. I don't want to see him clapping at their inside jokes. Do that at your party, not on national tv when you're supposed to be an analyst
    I haven’t watched College Gameday in years because of Howard. He’s awful.

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-29-2022),Sea Ray (11-29-2022)

Turn Off Ads?