Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 1032

Thread: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

  1. #871
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I am not wrong about this lmao. See: tattoogate
    Yeah you aren’t wrong. It’s ridiculous this was held until now.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #872
    Member kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,224

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    Interesting. Bowl games themselves can offer NIL deals. Could prevent some opt-outs.

    https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...-deal.amp.html

  4. #873
    Member kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,224

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    Don’t shoot the messenger as this isn’t football related but ex-2022 Nebraska interim head coach Mickey Joseph was arrested for a domestic disturbance where he allegedly punched and choked a victim.

    https://www.1011now.com/2022/11/30/m...outputType=amp

    Do I just need to start a college football crime thread?

  5. #874
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Papist
    Posts
    4,755

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

    Do I just need to start a college football crime thread?
    Would pair well with the college basketball crime thread. The one where some New Mexico students lured a New Mexico State player to campus and shot him the day before the two schools were to play was pretty insane.

  6. #875
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,514

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    If USC loses, Id say OSU is in. USC will have 2 losses.

    If TCU loses, it probably depends on how bad the loss is.
    If TCU loses they get screwed again by the playoff committee just like before. In exchange the TV networks gets their precious blue blood in.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

    William Arthur Ward


  7. #876
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Papist
    Posts
    4,755

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    I'm not really sure how TCU would be screwed by not getting in with a loss. Does anyone here think there's any chance that Ohio State would lose to Kansas State?

  8. #877
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,237

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm not really sure how TCU would be screwed by not getting in with a loss. Does anyone here think there's any chance that Ohio State would lose to Kansas State?
    The Big 12 is a pretty balanced league this season, but I don't know if they have a top tier team. It will be interesting to see what would happen if TCU were to lose. They have the argument that they would have made the playoff if they weren't "forced' to play in a championship game. But if you play the hypothetical, what would OSU have done with that schedule, well then you bring an interesting debate to the table.

  9. #878
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Papist
    Posts
    4,755

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    Also, if the Big Ten was set up like the Big XII, Ohio State would be playing Michigan again this weekend, so to me it's a bad argument to give credit to TCU for making the championship game and ding OSU for not doing so.

  10. #879
    Member kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,224

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The Big 12 is a pretty balanced league this season, but I don't know if they have a top tier team. It will be interesting to see what would happen if TCU were to lose. They have the argument that they would have made the playoff if they weren't "forced' to play in a championship game. But if you play the hypothetical, what would OSU have done with that schedule, well then you bring an interesting debate to the table.
    And you can flip that and imagine what TCU would have done with OSU’s schedule. Would they have survived PSU/ND/UM with just one loss?

  11. #880
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Papist
    Posts
    4,755

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    And you can flip that and imagine what TCU would have done with OSU’s schedule. Would they have survived PSU/ND/UM with just one loss?
    Probably. Ohio State's schedule was not good.

    Beating K State and Texas is basically the equivalent of beating Penn State and Notre Dame (being very generous to ND). They'd probably lose to Michigan, but we already know how Ohio State did.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 12-02-2022 at 10:59 AM.

  12. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (12-02-2022)

  13. #881
    Member kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,224

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Probably. Ohio State's schedule was not good.
    I don’t have TCU beating PSU at Happy Valley or UM at home. I think ND would be close at home so I’ll give them that.

    TCU had a schedule loaded with B grade teams. OSU had a couple A teams, a B, then several C/D teams. I don’t know what grade I give Tarlton State however.

  14. Likes:

    *BaseClogger* (12-02-2022)

  15. #882
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Papist
    Posts
    4,755

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    Texas on the road isn't any easier than Penn State in Happy Valley. And I'd probably take TCU +21.5 against Michigan at home.

  16. #883
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    17,974

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Texas on the road isn't any easier than Penn State in Happy Valley.
    Doubt
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  17. #884
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Papist
    Posts
    4,755

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    How about TCU +21.5 vs. Michigan at home?

    FWIW, I think Ohio State is a better team than TCU. I just think it's a terrible argument to claim TCU wouldn't have done better than 2-1 against that group of Ohio State opponents when TCU beat a number of good teams in a number of difficult environments.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 12-02-2022 at 12:51 PM.

  18. #885
    Member kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,224

    Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    How about TCU +21.5 vs. Michigan at home?

    FWIW, I think Ohio State is a better team than TCU. I just think it's a terrible argument to claim TCU wouldn't have done better than 2-1 against that group of Ohio State opponents when TCU beat a number of good in a number of difficult environments.
    I don’t think it’s terrible to believe (of course this is hypothetical…that goes without saying) that TCU would lose to PSU in Happy Valley and lose to UM at home.

    Terrible?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator