Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part 2

There will be no more than three undefeated teams at the end of the year so the door is open for at least one single-loss team now. I’ve still got 14 teams on my list with a puncher’s chance.

Unbeatens:
    1. Georgia (9-0), next @ Mississippi State
    2. Ohio State (9-0), next vs. Indiana
    3. Michigan (9-0), next vs. Nebraska
    4. TCU (9-0), next @ Texas

One-loss teams with a realistic path:
    1. Tennessee (8-1), next vs. Missouri
    2. Ole Miss (8-1), next vs. Alabama
    3. Clemson (8-1), next vs. Louisville
    4. Oregon (8-1), next vs. Washington
    5. UCLA (8-1), next vs. Arizona
    6. USC (8-1), next vs. Colorado

One-loss basketball school that is a giant long shot but included here for the fun of it:
    1. North Carolina (8-1), next @ Wake Forest

Two-loss teams that probably ought not to be completely ruled out yet:
    1. Alabama (7-2), next @ Ole Miss
    2. LSU (7-2), next @ Arkansas
    3. Utah (7-2), next vs. Stanford

Removed: Illinois (7-2)
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-06-2022),dfs (11-06-2022),Revering4Blue (11-06-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Alabama is completely out barring an LSU collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Alabama is completely out barring an LSU collapse.
    Agreed, but I don't think LSU is above a collapse necessarily. They've got @ Arkansas and @ Texas A&M left, which both should be victories for the Tigers but SEC road games are rarely walks in the park. So I'm leaving Alabama on my list until they are eliminated officially from SEC West contention.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

6. Likes:

Boston Red (11-06-2022)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Not a Kelly fan but props to what he has done at LSU in his 1st year.

The Bama-LSU and Auburn-Miss. st games late last night were both great to watch and why I enjoy college football so much.

I know everything’s about the playoffs but old-fashioned watching good games is still fun

9. Likes:

GAC (11-06-2022),Reds Freak (11-06-2022),Sea Ray (11-06-2022)

You have four spots. A two-loss team is not going to be given consideration. How can that even be suggested? There will be no need. IMO, at the conclusion of the regular season there will be two undefeated CFP teams standing out of this current top 4 .... Georgia and ???. If TCU finishes the season undefeated (got #24 Texas this week), then they should get a spot. But there are plenty of one-loss teams that, IMO, are far more worthy then considering a two-loss team.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    You have four spots. A two-loss team is not going to be given consideration. How can that even be suggested? There will be no need. IMO, at the conclusion of the regular season there will be two undefeated CFP teams standing out of this current top 4 .... Georgia and ???. If TCU finishes the season undefeated (got #24 Texas this week), then they should get a spot. But there are plenty of one-loss teams that, IMO, are far more worthy then considering a two-loss team.
    A few of the two-loss teams are hanging on by a thread but they are still in the conversation. There are plenty of one-loss teams now but there's four more weeks to pick up more losses and a lot of those teams will be facing each other. For example, here's a path for a two-loss Utah, one of the longest shots.

1. Win out
    2. TCU and Clemson finish with two losses and both lose their conference title game
    3. Georgia beats LSU in SEC title game

So then your playoff teams are likely 1. Georgia; 2. OSU/Michigan winner 3. Tennessee 4. Pac-12 Champs

Utah's resume would boast seven straight wins, with the best victories being @ Oregon, vs. Oregon, vs. Oregon State, and vs. USC. I think their only competition in this scenario is the Ohio State/Michigan loser, but I'm not sure that team's one-loss resume is any better.

Again, a long shot but I wouldn't completely rule it out yet.
    -Walt Whitman

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    The Bama-LSU and Auburn-Miss. st games late last night were both great to watch and why I enjoy college football so much.

I know everything’s about the playoffs but old-fashioned watching good games is still fun
    That's the SEC for ya

15. Likes:

UKFlounder (11-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Tennessee has a chance but is absolutely not a lock.

OSU/Michigan winner
    Georgia could probably lose the SEC championship game (they won’t) and still be in
    TCU
    PAC 12 champion

Those are all in front of Tennessee now. They need some stuff to happen.
    Yep, Tennessee lost their chance to control their own destiny. No shame in losing to Georgia at their place. Most teams don't have to go to Athens and win but such is life for the Vols. I'm thrilled that they'll be in the conversation from here on out

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    So many moving parts with the playoff picture but you can pretty much count on a 11-1 non-SEC champ Tennessee into any projections you make. That’s about the only team you can “lock” into anything now.
    I think a real hairy scenario could be if all three win out and LSU beats Georgia in the SEC title game. Would you take all three? Leave out LSU or Tennessee?
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    If replays are going to be totally wrong despite video evidence, what is even the point of replay? LSU's DL clearly got a fingertip on that ball, the video couldn't have been clearer.

- - - Updated - - -

77 - 63 final
    Sometimes football is stupid and awesome at the same time.
    Earlier this year, Houston's basketball team beat SMU 75-61.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

19. Likes:

kaldaniels (11-06-2022),Puffy (11-07-2022),Stray (11-06-2022),texasdave (11-07-2022)

Still way too early, but for the first time this weekend I felt we may be on the front end of the torch being passed from Saban to Smart (or more like Smart takeing it). Tennessee is not a fraud....that offense is not far behind the Burrows LSU offense, and Smart schemed to make it look like a mediocre ACC offense. Not many in the game outside Saban that could pull that off.....and Smart has did it multiple times in recent years. Georgia made it clear this weekend that when they are locked in, they are on a different level than anyone else in college football this year.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I think a real hairy scenario could be if all three win out and LSU beats Georgia in the SEC title game. Would you take all three? Leave out LSU or Tennessee?
    One would be left out because they will never allow 3 teams from one conference in a 4 team playoff.....and nobody wants that. In that scenario, my gut is Tennessee gets left out. The SEC champion gets in....and Georgia's win over Tennessee makes that decision easy. Also, Kelly and Smart probably have more pull than Heupel. Finally, I would not be shocked if there are some on that room that would not mind taking a shot at Danny White for claiming a National Championship @ UCF.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Still way too early, but for the first time this weekend I felt we may be on the front end of the torch being passed from Saban to Smart (or more like Smart takeing it). Tennessee is not a fraud....that offense is not far behind the Burrows LSU offense, and Smart schemed to make it look like a mediocre ACC offense. Not many in the game outside Saban that could pull that off.....and Smart has did it multiple times in recent years. Georgia made it clear this weekend that when they are locked in, they are on a different level than anyone else in college football this year.
    No offense to Tennessee, they're a great team with an explosive offense, but they're not close to that LSU team. The stats may be similar, but theyre not as dangerous. That LSU team had a guy who's a top 8 QB in the NFL and 2 top 5ish receivers, plus multiple other NFL guys.

What Heupel has done is great, and Tennessee has really good players, but the talent isn't the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-07-2022),Sea Ray (11-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I guess we can count that ND win as a quality win for OSU now.

- - - Updated - - -

Being better than half the teams in the big ten doesn’t mean much this year.
    Yes. The last place team in the Pac-12, Stanford, just beat Notre Dame in Indiana a few weeks ago.

Truly Ohio State's and Michigan's wins over the bottom half of the Big-10 mean absolutely nothing. Ohio State barely got by a 1-win team this week. Best Offense in the NCAA right now? I don't think so.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

25. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-07-2022)

Turn Off Ads?