Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the #6 prospect?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Siani

0 0%
  • Andrew Abbott

0 0%
  • Jay Allen II

0 0%
  • Levi Stoudt

0 0%
  • Matt McLain

30 66.67%
  • Brandon Williamson

1 2.22%
  • Spencer Steer

3 6.67%
  • Sal Stewart

0 0%
  • Chase Petty

11 24.44%
  • Connor Phillips

0 0%
  • Rece Hinds

0 0%
  • Joe Boyle

0 0%

Thread: Redszone 2022 Top 40 prospects Poll: #6

Redszone 2022 Top 40 prospects Poll: #6

Christian Encarnacion-Strand edges out McLain for the #5 prospect.

1. Elly De La Cruz SS/3B AA 20
    2. Noelvi Marte SS A+ 21
    3. Cam Collier 3B ROK 17
    4. Edwin Arroyo SS A 19
    5. Christian Encarnacion-Strand 1B/3B AA 22

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redszone 2022 Top 40 prospects Poll: #6

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    Christian Encarnacion-Strand edges out McLain for the #5 prospect.
    CES got a huge late push--he and McLain were even at like 16 apiece...

Went with Matt McLain next. He's the first of the prospects with real concerns, IMO. The five above him seem pretty safe. McLain, due to a substandard hit tool and recognition/K issues, worries me. I'm not sure he'll be able league average offensively.

And he's going to have to get to league average because he's unlikely to play SS consistently-- EDLC is just behind him, and Arroyo is behind EDLC.

I do think McLain has some intriguing tools. He's willing to steal a base and seems like he'll be able to play 2B or CF passably. God knows, the Reds need a CF badly.

I suspect one of the pitchers should slot in here, but TINSTAAPP.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

I picked Steer over McClain. He has made the adjustment to hitting with power while still making good contact. McClain is still working on the adJustment.

Looks like McLain runs away with this. That puts the 5 top 100 guys plus CES, who had a great year, in the clear top 6. After them it gets a little more muddled. My personal top 10:

De La Cruz
    Marte
    McLain
    Encarnacion-Strand
    Arroyo
    Collier
    Petty
    Steer
    Phillips
    Boyle
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

If anybody has any names they plan on voting for soon that they want on here they're not seeing, make sure you mention them. I'm adding based on who I'm seeing generally in top 30 lists/big performers/who others in the forum had listed as top tenners for them, but I'm generally only keeping it at 12 spots. It probably won't be an issue for the next four spots or so, but after that things might open up.

9. Likes:

Mitri (11-03-2022),UKFlounder (11-03-2022)

Turn Off Ads?