Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds post-season transactions 2022-23

Re: Reds post-season transactions 2022-23

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Good luck with that. I have a strong feeling Arizona would hang up on you.
    Then move on.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Then move on.
    Exactly, I wouldn't trade Marte for Thomas I was just wondering if the Reds would. I doubt it, but who know with this franchise. The Arizona fans I've seen talk about potential trades say they need help on the left side of the IF and back end of the bullpen, and most doubt they'll want prospects. I would rather buy a little low on Thomas than high on McCarthy who I doubt can maintain his .350 BAbip on a 85.5 average exit velo next year.

Seems to me that between the inflated offensive environments of the PCL, Cal League and possibly Amarillo, some caution is advised in assessing Diamondbacks prospects.

Not saying they don’t have guys worth a look, but I’m taking the minor league numbers with a grain of salt.

5. Likes:

HokieRed (12-09-2022)

if Reds deal with DBacks I figure the likely guy is Jake McCarthy. Young, good offense, LHH, corner OF who could play a little CF.

With Fraley and McCarthy it would be the Two Jakes, which i recall was a movie.

McLain for McCarthy might make sense, maybe Reds throw in Barrero and get a low level kid in the deal.

But - DBacks may be looking for established MLB talent, I’m reading they are looking at some relatively big names.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-09-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Reds View Post
    Seems to me that between the inflated offensive environments of the PCL, Cal League and possibly Amarillo, some caution is advised in assessing Diamondbacks prospects.

Not saying they don’t have guys worth a look, but I’m taking the minor league numbers with a grain of salt.
    All the Diamondback OF in trade rumors have MLB stats to look at. Alek Thomas had a .699 road OPS last year so if he could do that full time in Cincy he would be a very valuable player.

My target would be Dominic Fletcher. Not sure what it would take to get him. Not sure I understand Arizona's needs that well. It doesn't look like there's an avenue of opportunity for him in their outfield.

I'd do India for Thomas and a younger arm.

10. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-09-2022)

Thomas and Jorge Barrosa for India might make sense for both squads. Maybe the Reds would have to add a Reiver Sanmartin type.

12. Likes:

mth123 (12-09-2022),Old school 1983 (12-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    sicko!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Reds lose T.J Zeuch to the Rockies. Not sure how they will replace his 15 ERA. Sinisterly excited to see him pitch in Coors Field.

https://twitter.com/byrobertmurray/s...kVKOQCwfKZ1GyQ
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Exactly, I wouldn't trade Marte for Thomas I was just wondering if the Reds would. I doubt it, but who know with this franchise. The Arizona fans I've seen talk about potential trades say they need help on the left side of the IF and back end of the bullpen, and most doubt they'll want prospects. I would rather buy a little low on Thomas than high on McCarthy who I doubt can maintain his .350 BAbip on a 85.5 average exit velo next year.
    If Marte is part of the return, it better be for Corbin.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    What about India and Senzel for Varsho and Lewis. Varsho has way more positional flexibility than India. Solves RF and gives a LH hitting option at catcher. Lewis and Senzel are similar in that they both are former top prospects with injury histories. I do think Lewis has more upside at this point. Seems like a fair deal and gives both teams what they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    What about India and Senzel for Varsho and Lewis. Varsho has way more positional flexibility than India. Solves RF and gives a LH hitting option at catcher. Lewis and Senzel are similar in that they both are former top prospects with injury histories. I do think Lewis has more upside at this point. Seems like a fair deal and gives both teams what they are seeking.
    Varsho is already arbitration eligible. Projected at $2.8 million.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-10-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Varsho is already arbitration eligible.
    Ok? He’s a FA in 2027 and he also covers 2 massive areas of need for the Reds. You’re not talking an arb eligible glorified backup like Farmer. Varsho is a starting caliber player.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Ok? He’s a FA in 2027 and he also covers 2 massive areas of need for the Reds. You’re not talking an arb eligible glorified backup like Farmer. Varsho is a starting caliber player.
    Anything’s possible, but that’s just not how the Reds are building.

Varsho is projected at $2.8 million now, but over the following two years that could substantially increase. And then he’s a free agent.

Doubtful that’s the direction. I see Reds looking at advanced prospects or pre-arb major leaguers at this point.

Edit: Varsho is Super 2 so he’d have four arbitration years beginning with 2023’s $2.8 million estimate. Not sure that makes a difference, but wanted to correct that.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-10-2022 at 11:47 AM.

Turn Off Ads?