Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Suggestions needed (next Reds HOF class)

Re: Suggestions needed (next Reds HOF class)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...00505180.shtml

Danny Graves replaces Jacob Cruz (PH) pitching and batting 9th

• Triple to RF (Line Drive to Deep RF)
    • Flyball: LF/Sacrifice Fly; Reyes Scores
    • Home Run (Fly Ball to CF-RF)
    • Single to CF (Line Drive to LF-CF)
    • Popfly: 3B
    • Home Run (Line Drive to Deep LF); Piazza Scores
    • Reached on E1 (throw) (Ground Ball); Anderson to 2B
    • Lineout: SS
    Yes that was the game! Awesome find

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Krivsky View Post
    I don't have very high standards for team hall of fame's, but the Reds are starting to drop the ball a bit. Sad to see after really doing it right and setting the bar for what a team HOF should be. Graves had some good years with the Reds, but we could find 10 candidates pretty quick who deserve to go in over him. It's not like he is even that popular of a former player and will draw a crowd the day he goes in. I'd rather the Reds go in with one fewer inductee than start to water down the HOF. Not that I put a ton of care into it tohe begin with but my interest has gone from slim to none recently.
    yes, there should be a limit of one recent player and one veterans pick per year.
    Ideally, only one player should get in per year (vet or current guy).. but I understand that the veteran picks aren't that well known
    by the casual fan.
    I agree with you though. There can't possibly be that many Danny Graves fans out there.
    I thought the Oester choice was lame, but at least he had a longevity and hustle argument going for him.
    Graves flipped off the fans, and he was really an average at best closer.
    I guess we will see Coco Cordero get voted in eventually too. Maybe Ted Power too lol
    Last edited by REDREAD; 12-01-2022 at 06:19 PM.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    yes, there should be a limit of one recent player and one veterans pick per year.
    They don't induct people every year.

Turn Off Ads?