Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the #8 prospect?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Siani

2 4.08%
  • Andrew Abbott

3 6.12%
  • Jay Allen II

2 4.08%
  • Levi Stoudt

1 2.04%
  • Victor Acosta

0 0%
  • Brandon Williamson

7 14.29%
  • Spencer Steer

24 48.98%
  • Sal Stewart

2 4.08%
  • Alex McGarry

1 2.04%
  • Connor Phillips

4 8.16%
  • Rece Hinds

1 2.04%
  • Joe Boyle

2 4.08%
  • Jose Acuna

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redszone 2022 Top 40 prospects Poll: #8

Re: Redszone 2022 Top 40 prospects Poll: #8

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    You get my respect for backing a fringe prospect. Most people just vote for the consensus choice. The world is a better place because of those that don’t follow the herd. The US Midwest is full of sheep following the herd.
    I'm fully aware I'm on an island. I just don't have faith in some of the other considered pitchers as I look most of them save Abbott as probable relievers. I don't have much belief in Steer or Siami on 1st blush of their MLB debuts. I just see a HUGE drop off after Petty.

McGarry K rate is 15% less than Isabel at AA. McGarry also has a better glove from what I read.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    I'm fully aware I'm on an island. I just don't have faith in some of the other considered pitchers as I look most of them save Abbott as probable relievers. I don't have much belief in Steer or Siami on 1st blush of their MLB debuts. I just see a HUGE drop off after Petty.

McGarry K rate is 15% less than Isabel at AA. McGarry also has a better glove from what I read.
    Your arguments are compelling. A better power hitting prospect than hinds or Hendrick, whose one advantage is age.

Phillips. He needs to cut the W rate, of course, but hard not to like a nearly 12 K rate for a 21 year old at AA. On McGarry, I'm intrigued and have him near the bottom of my top 25. But I don't think he's a better power prospect than Hendrick. Both had around 50% of their hits for XB this year, but the difference between a 24 and 21 year old when it comes to power is significant. Remember too that's three less years for McGarry than Hendrick to get the K rate under control. And Hendrick has a way better W rate.

I voted Phillips here, like the K rate and young for his level. Think he will be a major leaguer.

McGarry is JAG
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Siani is a no brainer IMO. He has elite D, elite basestealer. Solid contact and plate discipline. Now has shown power. Dude projects to a .250 BA 330 OBP with 10-15 HRs at MLB level with that plus excellent baserunning and D is nearly an all-star level player in MLB.
    Kevin Keirmaier or Ceasar Geronimo type CFer
    Last edited by InsaneinthBrame; 11-09-2022 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    Siani is a no brainer IMO. He has elite D, elite basestealer. Solid contact and plate discipline. Now has shown power. Dude projects to a .250 BA 330 OBP with 10-15 HRs at MLB level with that plus excellent baserunning and D is nearly an all-star level player in MLB.
    Kevin Keirmaier or Ceasar Geronimo type CFer
    I have Siani in the 15 to 20 range, but you could be right. If he hits, he'll be quite valuable. You can pretty much say that about anybody though.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post

You want comparisons Bardon Larson 1999 Chatanooga AA .884 ops 27.25 K%
    and Juan Francisco 2009 Carolina AA .818 ops 19.61k% (FYI 23% k rate in minors)
    Power guys like that failing is the norm hard to find guys like that succeed

Turn Off Ads?