Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Powerball. What will you do when you win?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Powerball. What will you do when you win?

After some glitches overnight, they finally released the latest numbers. Nobody won, so the jackpot for Wednesday is up to $2.3B.

The question is in the headline: what will you do when you win that money? Is it enough to bring world peace?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Powerball. What will you do when you win?

Hide from family

4. Likes:

mth123 (11-08-2022),Revering4Blue (11-08-2022)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    After some glitches overnight, they finally released the latest numbers. Nobody won, so the jackpot for Wednesday is up to $2.3B.

The question is in the headline: what will you do when you win that money? Is it enough to bring world peace?
    No such thing as world peace, but I would like to think I'd make a sizeable investment in work to end hunger.

For my own family, we'd most likely leave the U.S. and set up shop in Barcelona. Do a whole bunch of traveling, learn to ski, stuff like that.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Expand my Kleenex Kozy business to Europe

7. Likes:

moewan (11-08-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Well, never mind. Looks like my initial info was incorrect, and there is at least one winner...

At least one ticket hits record $2.04-billion Powerball jackpot, lottery officials say

With suspense only growing after Powerball officials delayed the Monday drawing for the record-breaking jackpot, the winning numbers for the $2.04-billion grand prize were announced early Tuesday — and it looks like there was at least one winning ticket.

California Lottery officials said the jackpot was hit Tuesday, but it hasn’t yet been confirmed where or how many tickets matched the six winning numbers. Details should be announced later Tuesday morning.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Make sure my kids and their families don’t have to worry about anything financially. I actually have everything I want. Besides a ‘62 Corvette that is.

A foundation to sole world hunger sounds good. But I’d have no idea how to do that. I’m a software guy.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-09-2022)

Tell absolutely nobody.

Pay off the dentist from today (never a good sign when the hygienist says "hmm, lemme go get the doctor to look at this")
    Go Gators!

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-09-2022),RedTeamGo! (11-08-2022),Sea Ray (11-08-2022)

I bought ticket with my office so guessing I would "only" get like $30-$40 mil. I would give $1 mil to every immediate family member, both our parents and our siblings. Pay everything off. Buy a new car for sure (my car is currently in the shop and they don't know whats wrong - think this is heading towards me getting a new car haha), set aside $2 million for each of our kids for their futures. Live off the rest for the rest of our lives. I like my job, but its pretty intense and stressful. I would probably quit my job and open up a used video game/movie/book store as more of a hobby than anything. Mark everything up like 5% just to pay the bills for the store. I would also open a small 1 screen movie theater in Lakewood, OH that plays exclusively movies from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. $1 a ticket. I like my nerdy taste and feel like I should share it with my community.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

14. Likes:

757690 (11-08-2022),Bob Sheed (11-08-2022),Revering4Blue (11-09-2022),RiverRat13 (11-09-2022),Roy Tucker (11-08-2022)

Run for senate in Ohio.

Turn Off Ads?