Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 World Cup

Re: 2022 World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I would assume it's the same general plan as the England game. We'll have to see if the midfield takes over again. The MMA has been pretty excellent, and de Jong, de Roon and Klassen can get overrun. The U.S. still won't score a lot even if the middies are ascendant because Berhalter insists on playing a #9 who neither creates nor finishes. I'm still hoping against hope he drops Reyna in there.
    If I read this correctly, you are saying the US midfield took over England and will overrun Holland, right?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Some great play, especially in the first half from the US today. If they had lost that it would have been a bit tragic. Had the ref called that final penalty kick when someone got taken down in the box at the end, nobody would have cried foul, that was really on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    If I read this correctly, you are saying the US midfield took over England and will overrun Holland, right?
    I'm saying they took over the England game and they could give the Dutch a lot of trouble. Weakest part of the Dutch team is their middle. Best part of the U.S. team is their middle. The Dutch still should win (1-0 might do the trick), but it's not a terrible matchup for the U.S.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

membengal (11-30-2022)

I'm saying they took over the England game and they could give the Dutch a lot of trouble. Weakest part of the Dutch team is their middle. Best part of the U.S. team is their middle. The Dutch still should win (1-0 might do the trick), but it's not a terrible matchup for the U.S.
    If there's anything about the World Cup so far, it's that nothing is a sure thing.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by BenchRider View Post
    Some great play, especially in the first half from the US today. If they had lost that it would have been a bit tragic. Had the ref called that final penalty kick when someone got taken down in the box at the end, nobody would have cried foul, that was really on the fence.
    I'd have screamed bloody murder if they called that. Pure dive. Iran was pretty shameless toward the end of the game.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

Betterread (11-30-2022),dabvu2498 (11-30-2022),RedTeamGo! (11-30-2022),westofyou (11-29-2022)

I'd have screamed bloody murder if they called that. Pure dive. Iran was pretty shameless toward the end of the game.
    Yeah that wasn’t even worth a review let alone anywhere near a penalty.

yeah. that was nowhere near "on the fence". Was a blatant dive.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    yeah. that was nowhere near "on the fence". Was a blatant dive.
    Yep, and every single player in that situation is going to dive as well.

It was a world of difference between the ref who did the Iran game as opposed to the one who did the Wales game.

12. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (11-30-2022),Hillsdale87 (11-30-2022),RedTeamGo! (11-30-2022),texasdave (11-30-2022)

Got it. You’re predicting that Adams, Musah and Sargent will overrun Van Dijk, DeJong and Koopmeiners/DeRoon. I hope you’re right.

Got it. You’re predicting that Adams, Musah and Sargent will overrun Van Dijk, DeJong and Koopmeiners/DeRoon. I hope you’re right.
    McKinnie, not Sargent.

Guessing Sargent is done, that injury didn’t look good. Hopefully that compels Greggg to play Pulisic, Weah and Aaronson up top.

Are McKinnie, Weah, and Dest not playing?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Are McKinnie, Weah, and Dest not playing?
    Its a damn shame that McKinnie and Dest are not fully fit, because those two are playing great right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Its a damn shame that McKinnie and Dest are not fully fit, because those two are playing great right now.
    They aren't?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    They aren't?
    Both coming off injury. McKinnie has been subbed out of every game, there were questions as to whether he could play a full game or not.

I know Dest was coming off an injury, and I don't think he has made a full 90 either in this WC.

19. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-30-2022)

How about Australia getting it done!

21. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-30-2022),westofyou (11-30-2022)

Turn Off Ads?