Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 World Cup

Re: 2022 World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Way to go Senegal. Group A was a secretly tough group and Ecuador was a very tough out. Senegal showed some real class in taking over that game. They're going to be a gnarly opponent for whomever finishes at the top of Group B (probably England).
    If the US wins and England wins the group at least I don’t have to jump in Lake Erie this weekend.

2. Likes:

Chip R (11-29-2022),M2 (11-29-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Same lineup except CCV in for Zimmerman and Sargent back up top.

Dest is having one hell of a game and the midfield is owning the field again. And how in the hell was Weah ruled offside on the goal that got called back? I want to see that graphic.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Musah looks so gassed, I'm really surprised he hasn't been subbed out.

Didn't realize they were out of subs.
    Last edited by MWM; 11-29-2022 at 04:04 PM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I despise soccer but I am glad someone scored today. I'd hate this thing to end for our boys with a 3rd tie, particularly 0-0

Berhalter made a good call on CCV, but his in-game decisions left a lot to be desired. That should have been a comfortable win instead of a late nail-biter with Iran flopping like crazy.

10. Likes:

Betterread (11-29-2022),dabvu2498 (11-29-2022),RedTeamGo! (11-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Musah looks so gassed, I'm really surprised he hasn't been subbed out.

Didn't realize they were out of subs.
    To paraphrase Alexi Lalas, those subs were terrible. I know its not ideal, but why not put Reyna or Aaronson up top instead of Wright?

Shaq Moore, woof. That was a poor showing. I don't quite understand the end of those types of games when you are doing little to possess the ball.

CCV played very well, not sure why him and Ream weren't given more time to work together.

12. Likes:

Betterread (11-29-2022),BuckeyeRed27 (11-29-2022),dabvu2498 (11-29-2022),M2 (11-29-2022)

Well we survived. I guess that was most agressive attacking play we will see with this team. I assume we will bunker down vrs Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Well we survived. I guess that was most agressive attacking play we will see with this team. I assume we will bunker down vrs Holland.
    I wouldn’t assume that at all. US is the better team in this game and they didn’t bunker against England.

I hope Gregg gives Shaq Moore a nice first class ticket back to the US after that. I don’t want to see him again.

15. Likes:

M2 (11-29-2022),RedTeamGo! (11-29-2022)

Dest is having one hell of a game and the midfield is owning the field again. And how in the hell was Weah ruled offside on the goal that got called back? I want to see that graphic.
    Here is a link that shows the offside using the semi-automated offside VAR. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/socc...xf99ekcyhtlfc2

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I would assume it's the same general plan as the England game. We'll have to see if the midfield takes over again. The MMA has been pretty excellent, and de Jong, de Roon and Klassen can get overrun. The U.S. still won't score a lot even if the middies are ascendant because Berhalter insists on playing a #9 who neither creates nor finishes. I'm still hoping against hope he drops Reyna in there.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Here is a link that shows the offside using the semi-automated offside VAR. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/socc...xf99ekcyhtlfc2
    I saw that, but when I look at the still image from the game itself, Weah looks like he's behind the grass line on the field while the defender clearly has a leg over it. Now, maybe that's down to camera angles, but that's a hell of a lean if you look at the placement of their feet in the live shot. The conspiracy theory is they photoshopped it (basically slid Weah forward a foot or two). I'll give the system the benefit of the doubt, but I'm going to be looking to see if this pops up in other games.

19. Likes:

texasdave (11-29-2022)

I saw that, but when I look at the still image from the game itself, Weah looks like he's behind the grass line on the field while the defender clearly has a leg over it. Now, maybe that's down to camera angles, but that's a hell of a lean if you look at the placement of their feet in the live shot. The conspiracy theory is they photoshopped it (basically slid Weah forward a foot or two). I'll give the system the benefit of the doubt, but I'm going to be looking to see if this pops up in other games.
    Looked inside to me. They showed the still shot of it and I was in disbelief. Weah has been fantastic this WC. Next 4-6 years gonna be a lot of fun.

My kingdom for a #9

I thought Sargent was ok today, though.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I thought Sargent was ok today, though.
    Great workrate and he certainly did no harm. Definitely better than Haji Wright. My thing is I'd like to see more danger, somebody who can make something happen.

Turn Off Ads?