Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 World Cup

Re: 2022 World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh
    Someone forgot to give Walker Zimmerman the note that in the box you play good positional defense and avoid desperate lunges. That was a major rush of blood to the head moment right there. Should have been 3 points.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Betterread (11-21-2022),paintmered (11-21-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Someone forgot to give Walker Zimmerman the note that in the box you play good positional defense and avoid desperate lunges. That was a major rush of blood to the head moment right there. Should have been 3 points.
    And now the USMNT is likely playing for second in the group, and that's if they can grab a point against England. They can't let England go into the Wales match only needing a point to win the group, because it looks like everybody should get wins over Iran.

Such an opportunity that they failed to seize.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

5. Likes:

M2 (11-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    And now the USMNT is likely playing for second in the group, and that's if they can grab a point against England. They can't let England go into the Wales match only needing a point to win the group, because it looks like everybody should get wins over Iran.

Such an opportunity that they failed to seize.
    Honestly, they need to beat England. Otherwise they're looking at Iran parking the bus just to knock them out of the tournament.

Such a bummer. Played a good, smart, physical game and should have got 3 points. They are good enough to beat anyone but they aren’t good enough to overcome critical mistakes like that.

8. Likes:

M2 (11-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    So, all the Welsh really can sing.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Soccer-Beer to cost nearly $14 per half-litre inside Qatar's main World Cup fan zone - source

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/fif...ce/ar-AA149i0f
    That's what it costs at every arena and stadium in the U.S. What's the issue? Most people just drink a few before they go in.

I'm surprised they let alcohol in Qatar. Didn't know they could legally sell it there.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

That is a mistake you just can't make. I guess Zimmerman is ok, but you sure wish you had someone in the backline better than him. I know Ream is older, but man it would be nice to have another player like him on the back end.

For all the talent this team has, both on the roster and off of it, it boggles my mind than when you need a goal, you turn to Jordan Morris. I don't really know if Gio Reyna plays a different position, but where in the world was he?

Brendon Aaronson needs to play more, I don't know if his style limits his playing time, he tends to play with reckless abandon, but is dangerous when he gets the ball.

I felt the ref may have been a little over his skis for this game. The two early yellows on Dest and McKinnie were stupid fouls, but yellows because of the reaction. The stoppage of play was also interesting, he stopped it for an injured player sometimes, and then at others let play go on.

They got a result, one that at times looked in doubt, but one they also should have gotten the full three points. Wales had them on the back foot early in the 2nd half, which was shocking because the US dominated all aspects of the 1st.

Wow! Saudi Arabia beat Argentina. Nice!
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

13. Likes:

M2 (11-22-2022)

France is telling the Argentina to hold their beer at the moment.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Vive la France!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    With both of those countries wouldn't it be holding their wine?
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

17. Likes:

Chip R (11-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    With both of those countries wouldn't it be holding their wine?
    Ha probably. In any event France has woken up.

Salem Al Dawsari's game winner vs. Argentina was spectacular. Everything from his trap/fist touch to reversing his dribbling to deking the final defender to lashing the ball into the far side of the net is high level stuff. That's an A+ goal.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/3JstqSzSO1M

20. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (11-22-2022),RedTeamGo! (11-23-2022)

First shot-on-goal (and it took half the game) was a score. Maybe the Argentine Goalie got cocky and fell asleep.

Japan has played a fantastic second half.

23. Likes:

M2 (11-23-2022)

Turn Off Ads?