Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 World Cup

Re: 2022 World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Japan has played a fantastic second half.
    And they did it! Wow. Neuer getting beaten near post is going to haunt the dreams of everyone in Germany.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Chip R (11-24-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    And they did it! Wow. Neuer getting beaten near post is going to haunt the dreams of everyone in Germany.
    I absolutely love a roofed goal. It’s such a flex.

Great game.

That spain Germany game is going to be an absolute banger now.

5. Likes:

M2 (11-23-2022)

I absolutely love a roofed goal. It’s such a flex.

Great game.

That spain Germany game is going to be an absolute banger now.
    I'm curious to see how the Spain-Costa Rica game goes. Spain often struggles to put the ball in the net and Costa Rica has its Wild Bunch team of grizzled, old guys that know every trick in the book. The Ticos are in this World Cup for one last heist. There's a version of this game where Spain cracks them open and blows them out. There's also a version where Costa Rica gets a smash-and-grab win.

I'm curious to see how the Spain-Costa Rica game goes. Spain often struggles to put the ball in the net and Costa Rica has its Wild Bunch team of grizzled, old guys that know every trick in the book. The Ticos are in this World Cup for one last heist. There's a version of this game where Spain cracks them open and blows them out. There's also a version where Costa Rica gets a smash-and-grab win.
    Turns out to be Door #1. Spain is completely overwhelming them. Costa Rica hasn't played as cynical as I thought it might and is leaving way too much space.

Turns out to be Door #1. Spain is completely overwhelming them. Costa Rica hasn't played as cynical as I thought it might and is leaving way too much space.
    They're on the edge of giving up at least five goals

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    They're on the edge of giving up at least five goals
    Does that make it a "quality start?''

10. Likes:

Chip R (11-24-2022)

When Spain is on it is how I imagine watching Mozart play the piano was like

The skill level is just absurdly high. Its an 11 out of 10.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

M2 (11-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

Spaniards are born with a ball at their feet. I'm thinking they must get thrown into games of rondo as soon as they can walk.

I'm mildly surprised Costa Rica didn't blitz Busquets. They allowed him almost endless time to recycle the ball, and this is what happens.
    Last edited by M2; 11-23-2022 at 02:56 PM.

Japan has played a fantastic second half.
    Only saw the first half. Was pretty damn good there, too.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Just comes out Ronaldo is a free man now and leaving Man United? This might be his last world cup but he could have another one in him.

Quote Originally Posted by BenchRider View Post
    Just comes out Ronaldo is a free man now and leaving Man United? This might be his last world cup but he could have another one in him.
    Manchester United Stock went up 17% after the announcement.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Group B • Matchday 2 of 3 • Game 20

England
    vs
    USA
    Friday Nov. 25th • 2:00 pm est. on FOX
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

Mozart never played a piano. When he was alive, there was the harpsichord and the pianoforte, which is the forerunner to the modern piano but not the same instrument. The action and hammers of a pianoforte are much lighter, so the sound is noticeably softer with little sustain. You cannot get the percussive effect of a modern grand piano.

Even Schubert and Beethoven played fortepianos. I think it was sometime in the 1800s that “modern” pianos replaced pianofortes, so maybe older older Beethoven played a modern piano. It all depended on what manufacturer you liked, as the production and evolution of pianos was fluid as technology improved. We can say for sure that Liszt played a grand piano in the 1830s or 1840s.

If you want to name a modern piano virtuoso, Rachmaninoff is generally considered to be the greatest of all time.

19. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-25-2022),Kingspoint (11-25-2022),RedTeamGo! (11-24-2022),Roy Tucker (11-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Mozart never played a piano. When he was alive, there was the harpsichord and the pianoforte, which is the forerunner to the modern piano but not the same instrument. The action and hammers of a pianoforte are much lighter, so the sound is noticeably softer with little sustain. You cannot get the percussive effect of a modern grand piano.

Even Schubert and Beethoven played fortepianos. I think it was sometime in the 1800s that “modern” pianos replaced pianofortes, so maybe older older Beethoven played a modern piano. It all depended on what manufacturer you liked, as the production and evolution of pianos was fluid as technology improved. We can say for sure that Liszt played a grand piano in the 1830s or 1840s.

If you want to name a modern piano virtuoso, Rachmaninoff is generally considered to be the greatest of all time.
    Respect

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BenchRider View Post
    He would be 41 next time. He shouldn’t have made this team. I get why he did, but he’s looking old. Time for MLS.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Didn’t agree with that Portugal penalty. Ghanaian player Salisu got a touch with his foot on the ball whilst pushing at the same time. Ronaldo is absolutely clinical in taking penalties. He takes his time, gets calm and concentrated, then does that stutter step and a slow walk up to get the goalie to commit early.
    But Ghana equalized soon after. Good for them. Now I’m rooting for them to win.
    But then Portugal inserted Leao into the game and two goals happen. That’s what I hope will happen with Reyna - if Berghalter thinks he’s healthy enough or good enough or whatever he thinks are criteria for putting one of your most talented players on the field.
    Last edited by Betterread; 11-24-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Turn Off Ads?