Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dumpster diving for cutdown casualties

Re: Dumpster diving for cutdown casualties

As far as non tender candidates go, the Reds need to be all over Cody Bellinger like flies on stink. The Reds need a CF. Even if he doesn’t have an offensive resurgence, he covers that role at a better level than Senzel. If he bounces back, he becomes the big lefty bat they need. I’d even consider offering him multiple years.

2. Likes:

Old NDN (11-19-2022),WrongVerb (11-19-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I'd pass on claiming every single one of these guys. Maybe talk to one or two once they become free agents.
    I'd claim Ryan Yarbrough (although I Guess it is too late now)
    He's projected to make 4 million. Hard to imagine the Reds finding a comparable guy for 4 million by dumpster diving.
    Plus, if you claim him, you (figuratively) own him, you don't have to fight other teams for him.
    Cincy has got to be one of the least attractive places for free agents now. Definitely bottom 5.
    Why in the world would Ryan Yarbrough sign here, unless he got no other offers.
    He might ultimately get less money as a FA, but the Reds just saved 3 million by dumping Farmer. This seems like a good way to spend that money, even if it is a slight overpay.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

5. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (11-21-2022),Old school 1983 (11-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I'd claim Ryan Yarbrough (although I Guess it is too late now)
    He's projected to make 4 million. Hard to imagine the Reds finding a comparable guy for 4 million by dumpster diving.
    Plus, if you claim him, you (figuratively) own him, you don't have to fight other teams for him.
    Cincy has got to be one of the least attractive places for free agents now. Definitely bottom 5.
    Why in the world would Ryan Yarbrough sign here, unless he got no other offers.
    He might ultimately get less money as a FA, but the Reds just saved 3 million by dumping Farmer. This seems like a good way to spend that money, even if it is a slight overpay.
    I agree with this. Pitchers aren't going to want to come here unless they have no other choice because the park makes their stats horrible. You might get a few career minor leaguers who see an opportunity, But I don't want those.

Hitters are going to see all those prospects on the horizon and probably opt to go elsewhere. Might get a Catcher or an OF.

I'd have claimed Yarbourough, Banuelos and Luplow.
    Last edited by mth123; 11-21-2022 at 11:39 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

7. Likes:

REDREAD (11-21-2022)

With Dumpster diving likely the mode of the winter, 2 guys are newly out there who might be worth taking a flyer on. Daz Cameron was DFA by the Orioles. Mike Cameron's kid is a speed and defense guy who hasn't hit. Cf capable and only 26. I'd rather see him out there than Senzel.

Alex Jackson is a 27 YO somewhat well regarded Catcher who was DFA'd after an injury season with the Brewers. If the Reds are serious about a 3rd catcher, he's a better idea than anyone in house. He had a lot of power in the minor leagues. He's under Brewer control since he cleared waivers, but I think he'd be Rule 5 eligible and might be easily obtainable.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

9. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-02-2022),Redsfan6272 (12-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I just hope the Reds can be smart.
    Then they wouldn't be the Reds.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (12-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Some teams get their wardrobes from Armani.

We get all up in that area in TJ Maxx. A Red Nike sweatshirt with a rogue green thread, Ralf Lorren Khaki shorts with the huge button and that stupid stuck zipper and a pair of size 23 Adidas soccer cleats.

And the finishing touch is the Obsezzion cologne by Calvin Hobbes & Klein.
    Thought I saw PhilC skulking around Goodwill the other day.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (12-09-2022)

Don't hate on TJ Maxx cologne sets... grandmothers need SOMETHING to give their grandson when he's in his absolute most awkward middle school phase.

Turn Off Ads?