Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Farmer traded to the Twins

Re: Kyle Farmer traded to the Twins

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Fangraphs says Legumina has three minor league options remaining. I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions.
    Of course he does, his contract was purchased 3 days ago to protect him from the Rule 5 draft.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Fangraphs says Legumina has three minor league options remaining. I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions.
    If they option him, he's still on the 40 man roster. The need to put him through waivers to remove him. They may. I'd waive Gibaut instead. No options and a lot older.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Ah, I get why they did and am not upset, but Farmer was a solid player who gave his all every time he was on the field for the Reds. Deserves respect in my book.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

64red (11-26-2022),Boss-Hog (11-18-2022),Chip R (11-28-2022),Coopdaddy67 (11-18-2022),Danny Serafini (11-18-2022),Gallen5862 (11-20-2022),mth123 (11-18-2022),Old school 1983 (11-18-2022),Red Raindog (11-18-2022),Revering4Blue (11-18-2022),Roy Tucker (11-18-2022),Sea Ray (11-19-2022),SirFelixCat (11-18-2022),StRedlegs900 (11-21-2022),wally post (11-19-2022)

Farmer was a marginally acceptable player who will be replaced in the minds of many Cincinnatians soon by the next hard-nosed rub some dirt on it marginal player.

So Farmer takes his place in the line of RZs famous middle infielders the Reds shouldve kept/re-sign future thread/s.
    He slides in behind Zack Cozart and Scooter Gennett.

8. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-18-2022)

Six million dollars is peanuts for a major league team with few other high salary options. The Reds do not currently have a major league level shortstop. Delacruz, Mclain and the others are not and should not start 2023 in the majors - they still have things to work on. Barretto has shown that he is not a major league level player.

I think the Reds are trying to outdo the '62 Mets next year.
    Where we gonna go?

10. Likes:

REDREAD (11-19-2022),UK Reds Fan (11-20-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    If they option him, he's still on the 40 man roster. The need to put him through waivers to remove him. They may. I'd waive Gibaut instead. No options and a lot older.
    Gibaut throws strikes, thought you wanted guys who throw strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Six million dollars is peanuts for a major league team with few other high salary options. The Reds do not currently have a major league level shortstop. Delacruz, Mclain and the others are not and should not start 2023 in the majors - they still have things to work on. Barretto has shown that he is not a major league level player.

De La Cruz will be up by June as will McClain.
    "Just shut up and play baseball"...Mike Piazza

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Gibaut throws strikes, thought you wanted guys who throw strikes.
    He walked 4.7 per nine last year. The walkaholics on the Reds roster have messed up your idea of what throwing strikes actually is. He's a 29 year old fringe major leaguer who has no options remaining so he can't even be a AAA shuttle guy. Exactly the kind of guy to rid yourself of to open a 40 man spot.

I have no problem with what they did with Cerda and Duarte, but several others shouldn't be safe.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post

Barrero gets first couple of months, if he falls on his face one last time it will be time for De La Cruz by mid summer.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-18-2022)

Last year at this time, Barrero was the top position prospect. He's going to get a longer look. The SS position is set in stone for at least the first 2 or 3 months.

17. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-18-2022),REDREAD (11-19-2022)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I hope this clears the way for India to move to 3B. I think he'll be brutal at 2B without the shift.
    If that means no refuge at 3B for Senzel, please God make it so. But who then plays 2B?
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

he walked 4.7 per nine last year. The walkaholics on the reds roster have messed up your idea of what throwing strikes actually is. He's a 29 year old fringe major leaguer who has no options remaining so he can't even be a aaa shuttle guy. Exactly the kind of guy to rid yourself of to open a 40 man spot.

I have no problem with what they did with cerda and duarte, but several others shouldn't be safe.
    31.2 so%
    11.7 bb%

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    31.2 so%
    11.7 bb%
    Still walked 4.7 per nine. That's way too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    De La Cruz will be up by June as will McClain.
    I like these guys as prospects but they need time to work on actually hitting the ball. Both need to spend at least a year in the minors and reduce their K rate, or we'll just see more failures like Barretto.
    Where we gonna go?

22. Likes:

REDREAD (11-19-2022),RedsRocker (11-18-2022)

Turn Off Ads?