Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Farmer traded to the Twins

Re: Kyle Farmer traded to the Twins

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    If that means no refuge at 3B for Senzel, please God make it so. But who then plays 2B?
    Some combo of Steer and Lopez until McLain is ready. With Farmer gone, Solak takes his spot and he's more of a 2B.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Likes:

malcontent (11-18-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I like these guys as prospects but they need time to work on actually hitting the ball. Both need to spend at least a year in the minors and reduce their K rate, or we'll just see more failures like Barretto.
    I agree with you for most, but I think these two are a little different. McClain because of his college pedigree and his ability shown so far to adapt and De la Cruz because he is J-Rod in talent.
    "Just shut up and play baseball"...Mike Piazza

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I like these guys as prospects but they need time to work on actually hitting the ball. Both need to spend at least a year in the minors and reduce their K rate, or we'll just see more failures like Barretto.
    Barrero’s numbers were never as good as EDLC’s.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

6. Likes:

icehole3 (11-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Purely a salary saver, but I can’t blame them for not wanting to spend $6M on Farmer for a team that will win 68 games.
    Win 68 games? That's optimistic. I might see 58.

8. Likes:

REDREAD (11-19-2022),Redsfan6272 (11-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInMS View Post
    Win 68 games? That's optimistic. I might see 58.
    I am optimistic about our pitching to carry us for more wins than that...our hitting, not so much.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    If that means no refuge at 3B for Senzel, please God make it so. But who then plays 2B?
    Steer.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

11. Likes:

malcontent (11-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I am optimistic about our pitching to carry us for more wins than that...our hitting, not so much.
    3 starters and maybe two relievers? and two of those guys have serious injury history. I think pitching is the weakest area of the team.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

13. Likes:

REDREAD (11-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    3 starters and maybe two relievers? and two of those guys have serious injury history. I think pitching is the weakest area of the team.
    I don't know. I think it is much stronger than you think. Injuries can always derail but if healthy, I think they might surprise with a little more depth than you think. Not challenging you, but let's check back in June.

A bowl of Chili bet?

Next year at this time Votto and Moose will be off the books. My guess is that Reds will then try and compete with a payroll under $50 million. They see the Guardians did it this season, other teams go very cheap.

Hard to blame these low budget ownerships, MLB’s system allows it. You have teams nearing $250 million payrolls and others under $50 million. C’mon, that’s not competitive sports.
    Last edited by Kc61; 11-18-2022 at 08:59 PM.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (11-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I don't know. I think it is much stronger than you think. Injuries can always derail but if healthy, I think they might surprise with a little more depth than you think. Not challenging you, but let's check back in June.

A bowl of Chili bet?
    Not sure how I'd pay up if I lose. I'm optimistic about Greene. I like Lodolo if he can make it through a full season for the first time. Ashcraft is alright. Diaz is very usable but I don't think as good as he showed last year. Antone is a question mark after his second TJ. I like Cessa in a multi-inning reliever role. Hopeful for Santillan, but he's not really won a job, just getting it by default. Not really impressed with anyone else until Petty may arrive in 2025 or so.

18. Likes:

REDREAD (11-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Next year at this time Votto and Moose will be off the books. My guess is that Reds will then try and compete with a payroll under $50 million. They see the Guardians did it this season, other teams go very cheap.

Hard to blame these low budget ownerships, MLB’s system allows it. You have teams nearing $250 million payrolls and others under $50 million. C’mon, that’s not competitive sports.
    Of course you can blame the low budget teams. The Reds receive more than $125 million a year in revenue sharing before the first ticket is sold.

20. Likes:

Chip R (11-28-2022),REDREAD (11-19-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Not sure how I'd pay up if I lose.
    Gift certificate via email?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    Casey Legumina is the return
    Literally traded for magic beans.

23. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-18-2022),Danny Serafini (11-18-2022),HokieRed (11-18-2022),mth123 (11-18-2022),REDREAD (11-19-2022),SomeCallMeTim (11-19-2022),WrongVerb (11-19-2022)

Kyle Farmer had been the third-most senior member of the Reds, having made his Reds debut on March 31, 2019.

With his departure, Vladimir Gutiérrez now moves into the Top 10.

Reds Top Ten Seniority List (Reds debut date in parentheses):

1. Joey Votto (9/4/07)
    2. Lucas Sims (9/2/18)
    3. Nick Senzel (5/3/19)
    4. Joel Kuhnel (8/16/19)
    5. Mike Moustakas (7/24/20)
    6. Tejay Antone (7/27/20 -- 2nd inning)
    7. Tyler Stephenson (7/27/20 -- 7th inning)
    8. José Barrero (8/27/20)
    9. Jonathan India (4/1/21)
    10. Vladimir Gutiérrez (5/28/21)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

25. Likes:

Gallen5862 (11-20-2022),REDREAD (11-19-2022),UKFlounder (11-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    Of course you can blame the low budget teams. The Reds receive more than $125 million a year in revenue sharing before the first ticket is sold.
    The system allows it.

Turn Off Ads?