Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Farmer traded to the Twins

Re: Kyle Farmer traded to the Twins

Purging payroll to go after deGrom. Or Judge. Or both.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Purging payroll to go after deGrom. Or Judge. Or both.
    They already had the payflex for deGrom and Judge but needed to clear space for Verlander and Trea Turner
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Next year at this time Votto and Moose will be off the books. My guess is that Reds will then try and compete with a payroll under $50 million. They see the Guardians did it this season, other teams go very cheap.

Hard to blame these low budget ownerships, MLB’s system allows it. You have teams nearing $250 million payrolls and others under $50 million. C’mon, that’s not competitive sports.
    Excuse me but the Reds have 1 of the 30 votes that set up the system. Because they and many of the other teams have decided not to compete isn't because of the system they set up, its because they are just bad at the business they are in. St. Louis, a market just a tad bigger than the team we root for made the playoffs (again) and had the MVP for the league (again) and are not wishing for magic beans to make them competitive. The Reds are just stupid and cheap and they continue to prove it time and again.
    Where we gonna go?

5. Likes:

REDREAD (11-19-2022),RedsfaninMT (11-19-2022),wally post (11-19-2022)

The system allows it.
    But you can blame the cheap idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Excuse me but the Reds have 1 of the 30 votes that set up the system. Because they and many of the other teams have decided not to compete isn't because of the system they set up, its because they are just bad at the business they are in. St. Louis, a market just a tad bigger than the team we root for made the playoffs (again) and had the MVP for the league (again) and are not wishing for magic beans to make them competitive. The Reds are just stupid and cheap and they continue to prove it time and again.
    Sadly in their eyes they are not stupid. They sleep at night on top of a huge pile of money with several beautiful women.

8. Likes:

Chip R (11-28-2022),NebraskaRed (11-18-2022),REDREAD (11-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Sadly in their eyes they are not stupid. They sleep at night on top of a huge pile of money with several beautiful women.
    I just googled the wives of the stupids. They aren't beautiful - unless you know something about other women they are sleeping with!
    Where we gonna go?

I just googled the wives of the stupids. They aren't beautiful - unless you know something about other women they are sleeping with!

11. Likes:

Chip R (11-28-2022)

A ballplayer's ballplayer, a gamer for sure. Admirable drive that eclipsed his talent. Theses guys were lucky to play with him. He however would not have made a difference on this team, let him go help someone else who wants to win

13. Likes:

HokieRed (11-18-2022),lollipopcurve (11-19-2022),RollyInRaleigh (11-18-2022),Roy Tucker (11-18-2022),wally post (11-19-2022),WrongVerb (11-19-2022)

The age gap between Votto/Moose and everyone else has grown even wider.

15. Likes:

westofyou (11-18-2022)

The system is the result of collective bargaining. The whole sport is to blame. All of them. If you allow this, you’ll get it.

The system is the result of collective bargaining. The whole sport is to blame. All of them. If you allow this, you’ll get it.
    The collective bargaining that the Reds actively tried to derail rather than be a constructive part of. I'm surprised the Reds didn't try to get paid in FTX tokens.
    Where we gonna go?

18. Likes:

Crumbley (11-19-2022),Ron Madden (11-18-2022),Sassy Sal (11-26-2022)

So who is the Opening Day shortstop?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    So who is the Opening Day shortstop?
    Maybe Kevin Newman. But I think Barrero
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Haunted by walks

Mark Sheldon says Kevin Newman coming from the Pirates.

22. Likes:

Gallen5862 (11-20-2022)

Legumina did quite well once he transitioned to the bullpen. Don't know much about his arsenal. Maybe he can be on the AAA shuttle?

24. Likes:

Gallen5862 (11-20-2022)

Turn Off Ads?