Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 997

Thread: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

  1. #1
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Del Davis Tree Farm
    Posts
    8,251

    2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    Please continue Bengals discussion here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Winning is fun. RiverRat13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,776

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    Trenton Irwin better be WR4 when Ja'marr comes back. I don't need to see Mike Thomas again.

    Edit - seems as though the Bengals agree. They waived Mike Thomas (I assume this means he goes to the practice squad).
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 11-21-2022 at 03:10 PM.

  4. #3
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,909

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    PFF grades per Twitter:

    Germaine Pratt - 91.5
    Joe Burrow - 91.4
    Tee Higgins - 89.1
    Trey Hendrickson - 79.8
    Jonah Williams - 78.5
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  5. Likes:

    RiverRat13 (11-21-2022)

  6. #4
    Eight bosses? Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eight, Bob.
    Posts
    2,577

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    Perine can catch! All I had ever seen him do before this season is run up the middle for short gains. But he has great blocker awareness in the open field, and I'd say he even has a burst.

    Irwin looked like a solid #4 our there.

    New punter punted and did fine holding for Scooter too. I'd say that's it for Huber.

    We are really lucky to have Burrow at QB.

    The Bengals weaknesses seem to change from work to week. Now I'd say their big weakness is the secondary. KC and Buffalo games might be rough.

    Wondering if Mixon will miss the next game. Williams looked pretty good running it too.

    Love beating the Steelers. Two dirty hits from them, naturally.
    "Life, as one looks at it is, in fact, a celebration of itself."

  7. #5
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,909

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Perine can catch! All I had ever seen him do before this season is run up the middle for short gains. But he has great blocker awareness in the open field, and I'd say he even has a burst.

    Irwin looked like a solid #4 our there.

    New punter punted and did fine holding for Scooter too. I'd say that's it for Huber.

    We are really lucky to have Burrow at QB.

    The Bengals weaknesses seem to change from work to week. Now I'd say their big weakness is the secondary. KC and Buffalo games might be rough.

    Wondering if Mixon will miss the next game. Williams looked pretty good running it too.

    Love beating the Steelers. Two dirty hits from them, naturally.
    Did you not watch the playoff game vs KC same exact play. Plus he is probably our best blocker as far as picking the blitz up. Perine gets banged on a lot here but he’s incredibly solid and versatile for this team.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  8. Likes:

    Bob Sheed (11-22-2022),WrongVerb (11-22-2022)

  9. #6
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    8,031

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    Yeah the Perine TD vs. Kansas City is an all-timer as a Bengals fan. Really low point and he gave such a spark.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

  10. Likes:

    Hillsdale87 (11-22-2022),The Operator (11-22-2022)

  11. #7
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,909

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    From Dan Orlovsky:

    No one is even close

    Joe Burrow when his O-line wins
    (last 2 seasons):

    72% Comp pct (1st in NFL)
    9.4 Yds/att (1st)
    41% 1st downs/att (1st)
    114.4 Pass rtg (1st)


    Eye popping stat there...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  12. Likes:

    Kingspoint (11-22-2022),oregonred (11-22-2022),Playadlc (11-23-2022),Redsfaithful (11-22-2022),The Operator (11-22-2022)

  13. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Posts
    60

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    Even without Chase I'm still not sure how or why the team fared so badly against the Browns. Coming from a Browns fan here. Many fans have had it with Stefanski and Woods.


    Was nice to see the team beat Pittsburgh though. These games coming ahead against the Titans, Chiefs, and Bills have appeal to me even as someone neutral to the Bengals. But aah it be cool to see them do well. Good luck

  14. Likes:

    Redsfaithful (11-22-2022),The Operator (11-22-2022)

  15. #9
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    10,542

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    PFF grades per Twitter:

    Germaine Pratt - 91.5
    Joe Burrow - 91.4
    Tee Higgins - 89.1
    Trey Hendrickson - 79.8
    Jonah Williams - 78.5
    Pratt had himself a DAY!!!

    Whoo-hoo!!! Jonah didn't suck!!! Have to give credit to the BYE and the ability to spend time on correcting some issues, or at least two issues, whatever they chose to concentrate on.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  16. Likes:

    Hillsdale87 (11-22-2022)

  17. #10
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    10,542

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    It's about time!!!

    From NBC Sports w/ NBC Sports' comments:

    Bengals waived WR Mike Thomas. Thomas was tasked with filling in for Ja'Marr Chase after Chase exited in Week 7 with a hip injury. Thomas saw an increased role in Week 8, with Chase sidelined, but failed to haul in his only target. The veteran receiver hasn't caught a pass since Week 5 and has just two receptions for 38 yards on the season.

    Nov 21, 2022, 2:32 PM ET

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Trenton Irwin better be WR4 when Ja'marr comes back. I don't need to see Mike Thomas again.

    Edit - seems as though the Bengals agree. They waived Mike Thomas (I assume this means he goes to the practice squad).
    I'm pretty sure that's a done deal.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  18. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    485

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Pratt had himself a DAY!!!

    Whoo-hoo!!! Jonah didn't suck!!! Have to give credit to the BYE and the ability to spend time on correcting some issues, or at least two issues, whatever they chose to concentrate on.
    Hopefully Jonah just needed a break to get healthy and will now be good the rest of the season


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #12
    Bullpen or whatever RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    9,265

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    I honestly think Jonah's kneecap dislocation could have been a bigger part of his issues than any technical flaws. Can't imagine what it must be like to try to plant your body on a gimpy knee like that with 300-pound linemen driving into you. Hopefully he's feeling better and this is a sign of things to come.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

  20. Likes:

    Bob Sheed (11-22-2022),bucksfan2 (11-22-2022),Redsfaithful (11-22-2022),Sea Ray (11-22-2022)

  21. #13
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    8,031

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I honestly think Jonah's kneecap dislocation could have been a bigger part of his issues than any technical flaws. Can't imagine what it must be like to try to plant your body on a gimpy knee like that with 300-pound linemen driving into you. Hopefully he's feeling better and this is a sign of things to come.
    I've broken my knee before (not the same, but in the same universe) and I really have no clue how he has played. Superhuman.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

  22. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    ann arbor
    Posts
    112

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I've broken my knee before (not the same, but in the same universe) and I really have no clue how he has played. Superhuman.
    Vitamin T, will do that for you

  23. #15
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Del Davis Tree Farm
    Posts
    8,251

    Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I've broken my knee before (not the same, but in the same universe) and I really have no clue how he has played. Superhuman.
    Yea, I’m with you. I haven’t broken a knee but about 8 months ago I tore a piece of cartilage in my knee. I was advised to not have surgery right away since I was able to do most things again after staying off my feet for a few days after the injury. But even then, there are still times where I pivot the wrong way or put a little too much bounce into my step and it’ll light me up like a Christmas tree.

    I’m not sure I’d be up for a flag football game, much less an NFL game. The injuries these guys play through are just incredible feats of human strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator