Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

Why are the keeping 2 punters when you need depth at OL and probably CB. I just wish they could have picked up another CB or even a DT.

Hope Chase is healed up enough that it doesn’t become a chronic issue this year or in the future.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am very concerned about them bringing back Chase too soon and what that could mean for his future.
    Go BLUE!!!

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I am very concerned about them bringing back Chase too soon and what that could mean for his future.
    Chase had 0 pain he was non weight bearing until the avulsion fracture healed...once healed there is no reason to keep him out of the line up.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Why are the keeping 2 punters when you need depth at OL and probably CB. I just wish they could have picked up another CB or even a DT.

Hope Chase is healed up enough that it doesn’t become a chronic issue this year or in the future.
    I was a bit shocked they didn't grab a corner...but at midseason who is going to come off the street and give you legit snaps. I think that is why they decided to go with Britt. The punter is procedural its Chrisman's job to lose...he was on the practice squad so they could call him up for 2 weeks before making it permanent.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Chase had 0 pain he was non weight bearing until the avulsion fracture healed...once healed there is no reason to keep him out of the line up.
    That’s not what the orthopedists I know have said.
    Also, he is still “limited” in practice. Anyone thinking he’s fully healed doesn’t know anything about hip injuries.
    Go BLUE!!!

He was still on crutches less than 7 days ago.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    He was still on crutches less than 7 days ago.
    That's because he was almost assuredly told to be on crutches (non weight bearing) until the break fully healed. I have no idea whether they're rushing him back or not, though I'd like to think they wouldn't with such a key long-term player, but the fact that he was limited in practice Wednesday and Thursday and on crutches last week really doesn't tell us much in terms of whether he's ready to play or not. Players recovering from injury are almost always limited when returning to practice (meaning they didn't get their full reps as they're eased back in), and I've zero doubt that was the plan to ease him back in to see how he feels after practicing. Some players recovering from injury don't even practice at all the week before playing in a game, so the limited designation alone doesn't mean a whole lot. The fact he was on crutches last week doesn't tell us whether he was or wasn't still in any sort of pain or if they're rushing him back; it just means they wanted him staying off the hip until they were satisfied it was healed. Keep in mind, the original timeline (estimate) for this injury was four to six weeks, and Sunday will be five weeks since he last played.

11. Likes:

Redhook (11-25-2022),Redsfaithful (11-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    That’s not what the orthopedists I know have said.
    Also, he is still “limited” in practice. Anyone thinking he’s fully healed doesn’t know anything about hip injuries.
    No ortho doc would allow him to be weight bearing and practicing if the fracture wasn't healed. My understanding was it was a hairline fracture which would allow it to heal quicker. As Boss stated above these fractures have a 4-6 week window.

The labrum tear is trickier and will not heal on it really depends on Chase and if he is experiencing pain from movement. All reports are he is pain free.

Burrow said he felt good running at practice and expects him to play. The Bengals know they have a significant investment in him I doubt he will play unless he feels 100%.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/...-recovery-time

13. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-25-2022),Hillsdale87 (11-25-2022)

No ortho doc would allow him to be weight bearing and practicing if the fracture wasn't healed. My understanding was it was a hairline fracture which would allow it to heal quicker. As Boss stated above these fractures have a 4-6 week window.

The labrum tear is trickier and will not heal on it really depends on Chase and if he is experiencing pain from movement. All reports are he is pain free.

Burrow said he felt good running at practice and expects him to play. The Bengals know they have a significant investment in him I doubt he will play unless he feels 100%.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/...-recovery-time
    Exactly. I don't think the Bengals are going to risk the rest of the season to get Chase back for a regular season game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mixon out again today so he is doubtful for Sunday...

Media states Chase is in full gear for Friday's practice.

"So Fla Red"

Patsies losing at Minn helped quite a bit for the WC Chase. NE at 6-5 has a pretty tough schedule with the Bills 2x, Miami and Bengals

Baltimore benefitting from the last place schedule at 8-9 last year. The next two weeks they get Jax and Denver while the Bengals get Tennessee and KC. The Cowboys/Giants (both lost) was the other schedule difference.
    Last edited by oregonred; 11-25-2022 at 01:02 PM.

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-25-2022),Sea Ray (11-25-2022)

Hearing on Twitter that Chase is out...

He's making the trip they may have him test it out but doubtful he plays.

Looks like Bengals were targeting KC for Chase's return all along, according to twitter reports Irwin's performance made it easier to hold him out 1 more week.

Looks like Bengals were targeting KC for Chase's return all along, according to twitter reports Irwin's performance made it easier to hold him out 1 more week.
    Chase is out running pregame routes and looks really sharp...Twitter may have to rethink him being out.

Chase is out running pregame routes and looks really sharp...Twitter may have to rethink him being out.
    Goldsmith confirms Chase is out...

Turn Off Ads?