Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Fields and Hurts better take note of they want long careers. Fields is probably more similar to Lamar with his size and passing skills while Hurts is more similar to Young. Hurts’ passing skills improved a lot this year.
    Hurts is interesting to me because I wasn't really high on him, but he is having one heck of a year. One thing to consider about Hurts, he wasn't a first round pick so the Eagles have him dirt cheap for this year and next year. They won't have to make a decision on him for another season or so.

Fields is interesting because at OSU he was more of a pocket passer. In the NFL (and primarily because the Bears WR's are terrible) Fields running ability has been his biggest asset. I think when the called QB run plays become a staple of your offense, the QB is in danger long term. If the Bears get to a point where they are doing far less QB run and allowing Fields to scramble when needed, he will be in a better place.

2. Likes:

GAC (12-08-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

We have signed P Kevin Huber to the practice squad.
    https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1...65pO5OkKBNb7Bg

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Fields and Hurts better take note of they want long careers. Fields is probably more similar to Lamar with his size and passing skills while Hurts is more similar to Young. Hurts’ passing skills improved a lot this year.
    Punters can get hurt. The refs let a lot of interference on Punters go lately. Glad Huber is willing to do this. Has to help in a ton of ways.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

6. Likes:

Redsfaithful (12-08-2022)

I doubt any other franchises were knocking on his door looking for him to fill their punting job. Since he has lived here his entire life, getting on the practice squad and its pay isn't such a bad deal (though I have no idea if that is affected at all by what they would have owed him anways for the rest of the season)
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I doubt any other franchises were knocking on his door looking for him to fill their punting job. Since he has lived here his entire life, getting on the practice squad and its pay isn't such a bad deal (though I have no idea if that is affected at all by what they would have owed him anways for the rest of the season)
    Huber is done as a punter. I don't think there is really any other situation where he punts again unless Christman gets hurt. I think Huber may have a future in the media, whether it be with the Bengals or a local media company. He has been in Cincy his entire life, I would like to see him transition to some kind of analyst.

This ended better than Lee Johnson.

14 years ago yesterday he got cut after suggesting changes needed to be made in the front office, though Mike Brown claimed his comments had nothing to do with his being cut.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Huber is done as a punter. I don't think there is really any other situation where he punts again unless Christman gets hurt. I think Huber may have a future in the media, whether it be with the Bengals or a local media company. He has been in Cincy his entire life, I would like to see him transition to some kind of analyst.
    I asked this earlier, but it does have me wondering if Huber and the Bengals envision some sort of role within the organization after this season. Perhaps as a special teams assistant or analyst with an eye on taking over for Darin Simmons. For a youngish man that has been in the city his whole life and a long tenured Bengal, I could see where some role in the organization would be appealing to both sides.

I asked this earlier, but it does have me wondering if Huber and the Bengals envision some sort of role within the organization after this season. Perhaps as a special teams assistant or analyst with an eye on taking over for Darin Simmons. For a youngish man that has been in the city his whole life and a long tenured Bengal, I could see where some role in the organization would be appealing to both sides.
    I think Simmons has interviewed for coordinator/head coaching jobs in the past, unless I'm misremembering. I think he was an internal candidate when they hired Zac. Would be good to have someone ready to take over if/when he leaves.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Kevin Huber made over $28M over his career and will have a NFL pension set in when he turns 55. That is a crazy amount of money for a guy who is 37 years old.

When it comes to coaching, especially in the NFL, its a grind. Its a year long effort with little down time. A guy in Kevin Huber's situation would really have to want it in order to be a coach. I could see him doing that, maybe be a punting "coach" with the Bengals and maybe even UC. I don't know what kind of personality Huber has, but Rocky Boiman took a far less successful NFL career and turned it into a radio/TV gig.

13. Likes:

RiverRat13 (12-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Kevin Huber made over $28M over his career and will have a NFL pension set in when he turns 55. That is a crazy amount of money for a guy who is 37 years old.

When it comes to coaching, especially in the NFL, its a grind. Its a year long effort with little down time. A guy in Kevin Huber's situation would really have to want it in order to be a coach. I could see him doing that, maybe be a punting "coach" with the Bengals and maybe even UC. I don't know what kind of personality Huber has, but Rocky Boiman took a far less successful NFL career and turned it into a radio/TV gig.
    No doubt, but he's 37 years young and has to do "something". Perhaps its just as an annalist and/or scout helping out Simmons or whatever future special teams coach holds the position. Just interesting that he's resigning to the practice squad. They could always sign him back in a few weeks should an injury crop up, its gotta be because he wants to be involved in some form or fashion. I don't know if he has kids and/or wants kids and what he envisions his life looking like post playing career, but he wouldn't be the first player who made decent money and went into coaching because they love the game.

Tomorrow sets up as an interesting game:

Seeing what Watson brings to the table. 1st game he looked beyond normal rusty
    Seeing how the Bengals play the Browns. For whatever reason they struggle against the Browns yet look like they can beat anyone else in the East.

Joe has been practicing since Monday for this one. didnt take a day off

Fhuge game tomorrow. Browns have our number and we gotta stomp it out. Doesn't need to be pretty, lets just find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Fhuge game tomorrow. Browns have our number and we gotta stomp it out. Doesn't need to be pretty, lets just find a way.
    Joe is going to get the monkey off his back today.

For the last 50+ years I grew up in a divided household when it came to the NFL. In fact, I had large families on both sides - and both sides were evenly divided between Browns and Bengals. Wasn't the same with baseball though. Nobody was an Indian's fan (lol). I'm the oldest of three boys, and we were all Brown fans, until 1968 when the Bengals entered the league. The middle brother decided to go rogue, he couldn't root for the same team as his older brother, and picked the Bengals as his team. The youngest was a Browns fan. And thus the rivalry was born, and has lasted to this day.

And even though I told the Browns, and the NFL, where to go - and don't miss it one bit - we still get together for these games because we ain't getting any younger, and we always have good food, as well as conversations.

Only this time ... I hope the Bengals beat the crap out of them (and Watson).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

18. Likes:

moewan (12-11-2022),RiverRat13 (12-11-2022),WrongVerb (12-11-2022)

Welp. Pretty bad first drive.

3 & out, Bengals punt.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

And now Mike Hilton is down after the Browns easily move past midfield on 2 plays.

Sure wish they would have addressed Awuzie’s injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Turn Off Ads?