Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

Please continue Bengals discussion here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

Trenton Irwin better be WR4 when Ja'marr comes back. I don't need to see Mike Thomas again.

Edit - seems as though the Bengals agree. They waived Mike Thomas (I assume this means he goes to the practice squad).
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 11-21-2022 at 02:10 PM.

PFF grades per Twitter:

Germaine Pratt - 91.5
    Joe Burrow - 91.4
    Tee Higgins - 89.1
    Trey Hendrickson - 79.8
    Jonah Williams - 78.5
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

5. Likes:

RiverRat13 (11-21-2022)

Perine can catch! All I had ever seen him do before this season is run up the middle for short gains. But he has great blocker awareness in the open field, and I'd say he even has a burst.

Irwin looked like a solid #4 our there.

New punter punted and did fine holding for Scooter too. I'd say that's it for Huber.

We are really lucky to have Burrow at QB.

The Bengals weaknesses seem to change from work to week. Now I'd say their big weakness is the secondary. KC and Buffalo games might be rough.

Wondering if Mixon will miss the next game. Williams looked pretty good running it too.

Love beating the Steelers. Two dirty hits from them, naturally.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Perine can catch! All I had ever seen him do before this season is run up the middle for short gains. But he has great blocker awareness in the open field, and I'd say he even has a burst.

Irwin looked like a solid #4 our there.

New punter punted and did fine holding for Scooter too. I'd say that's it for Huber.

We are really lucky to have Burrow at QB.

The Bengals weaknesses seem to change from work to week. Now I'd say their big weakness is the secondary. KC and Buffalo games might be rough.

Wondering if Mixon will miss the next game. Williams looked pretty good running it too.

Love beating the Steelers. Two dirty hits from them, naturally.
    Did you not watch the playoff game vs KC same exact play. Plus he is probably our best blocker as far as picking the blitz up. Perine gets banged on a lot here but he’s incredibly solid and versatile for this team.

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-22-2022),WrongVerb (11-22-2022)

Yeah the Perine TD vs. Kansas City is an all-timer as a Bengals fan. Really low point and he gave such a spark.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

10. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (11-22-2022),The Operator (11-21-2022)

From Dan Orlovsky:

No one is even close

Joe Burrow when his O-line wins
    (last 2 seasons):

72% Comp pct (1st in NFL)
    9.4 Yds/att (1st)
    41% 1st downs/att (1st)
    114.4 Pass rtg (1st)

Eye popping stat there...

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-21-2022),oregonred (11-22-2022),Playadlc (11-23-2022),Redsfaithful (11-22-2022),The Operator (11-21-2022)

Even without Chase I'm still not sure how or why the team fared so badly against the Browns. Coming from a Browns fan here. Many fans have had it with Stefanski and Woods.

Was nice to see the team beat Pittsburgh though. These games coming ahead against the Titans, Chiefs, and Bills have appeal to me even as someone neutral to the Bengals. But aah it be cool to see them do well. Good luck

14. Likes:

Redsfaithful (11-22-2022),The Operator (11-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    PFF grades per Twitter:

Germaine Pratt - 91.5
    Joe Burrow - 91.4
    Tee Higgins - 89.1
    Trey Hendrickson - 79.8
    Jonah Williams - 78.5
    Pratt had himself a DAY!!!

Whoo-hoo!!! Jonah didn't suck!!! Have to give credit to the BYE and the ability to spend time on correcting some issues, or at least two issues, whatever they chose to concentrate on.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

16. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (11-22-2022)

It's about time!!!

From NBC Sports w/ NBC Sports' comments:

Bengals waived WR Mike Thomas. Thomas was tasked with filling in for Ja'Marr Chase after Chase exited in Week 7 with a hip injury. Thomas saw an increased role in Week 8, with Chase sidelined, but failed to haul in his only target. The veteran receiver hasn't caught a pass since Week 5 and has just two receptions for 38 yards on the season.

Nov 21, 2022, 2:32 PM ET

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Trenton Irwin better be WR4 when Ja'marr comes back. I don't need to see Mike Thomas again.

Edit - seems as though the Bengals agree. They waived Mike Thomas (I assume this means he goes to the practice squad).
    I'm pretty sure that's a done deal.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Pratt had himself a DAY!!!

Whoo-hoo!!! Jonah didn't suck!!! Have to give credit to the BYE and the ability to spend time on correcting some issues, or at least two issues, whatever they chose to concentrate on.
    Hopefully Jonah just needed a break to get healthy and will now be good the rest of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly think Jonah's kneecap dislocation could have been a bigger part of his issues than any technical flaws. Can't imagine what it must be like to try to plant your body on a gimpy knee like that with 300-pound linemen driving into you. Hopefully he's feeling better and this is a sign of things to come.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

20. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-22-2022),bucksfan2 (11-22-2022),Redsfaithful (11-22-2022),Sea Ray (11-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I honestly think Jonah's kneecap dislocation could have been a bigger part of his issues than any technical flaws. Can't imagine what it must be like to try to plant your body on a gimpy knee like that with 300-pound linemen driving into you. Hopefully he's feeling better and this is a sign of things to come.
    I've broken my knee before (not the same, but in the same universe) and I really have no clue how he has played. Superhuman.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I've broken my knee before (not the same, but in the same universe) and I really have no clue how he has played. Superhuman.
    Vitamin T, will do that for you

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Yea, I’m with you. I haven’t broken a knee but about 8 months ago I tore a piece of cartilage in my knee. I was advised to not have surgery right away since I was able to do most things again after staying off my feet for a few days after the injury. But even then, there are still times where I pivot the wrong way or put a little too much bounce into my step and it’ll light me up like a Christmas tree.

I’m not sure I’d be up for a flag football game, much less an NFL game. The injuries these guys play through are just incredible feats of human strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Turn Off Ads?