Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm not seeing any diving at the knees or anything. Where's the problem here?
    I think the diving at the knees was actually the play before and was penalized to end the game. In the vid that was posted by Sans on Twitter, it looks like they are still trying to hit Burrow even on a kneel-down play ... and did so three times in a row apparently.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I think the diving at the knees was actually the play before and was penalized to end the game. In the vid that was posted by Sans on Twitter, it looks like they are still trying to hit Burrow even on a kneel-down play ... and did so three times in a row apparently.
    I'm fine with them trying to hit Burrow. It's up to his O-line to protect him. That's what they're there for

In that Twitter video accompanying that post, I didn't see anything dirty

I'm fine with them trying to hit Burrow. It's up to his O-line to protect him. That's what they're there for

I don't see anything either.

I mean, these same people complaing about this were probably cheering on Vontaze Burfict for years. But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    It was a huge win and one of their most impressive over the past 2 years. Chase and Mixon will probably be back this week against the Chiefs. The O-Line stunk for a year and a half, but they have improved recently and this past Sunday, they played a great game. I’m not completely convinced the OL is as good as they looked Sunday, but if it is, watch out!

Also, you’re referring to the Awuzie, the CB. Unfortunately, he tore his ACL and is out for the year.
    Meh, we beat an average team on the road. If anyone would look at Tennessee's resume, they'd notice that their best win came vs the Redskins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    CTB keeps getting better. Another great pick and we need him down the stretch.
    Amazing to me how Lou can find some snaps for CTB and yet Dax Hill is still sitting the bench. Lou seems like a pretty creative guy and yet Dax still isn't seeing the field that much in spite of being a somewhat versatile player?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    One thing that I love so much is they can win a variety of ways. Shootouts, trench maulings, and hybrids of those style games
    That's what makes us so dangerous. But we HAVE to stay healthy. Another injury in the secondary (or OL for that matter) would be killer for us.

Well, I don't know then.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    That's what makes us so dangerous. But we HAVE to stay healthy. Another injury in the secondary (or OL for that matter) would be killer for us.
    We've weathered injuries pretty well so far this year. If we did suffer another injury to the secondary (God forbid) maybe we'd see more of Dax Hill or Taylor-Britt

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

NFL on CBS ��
    @NFLonCBS

Best Passer Rating since start of last season
    (min. 500 attempts)

Joe Burrow 105.4
    Aaron Rodgers 103.8
    Dak Prescott 102.1
    Patrick Mahomes 101.2
    Tua Tagovailoa 100.9
    1:19pm · 30 Nov 2022 ·
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Meh, we beat an average team on the road. If anyone would look at Tennessee's resume, they'd notice that their best win came vs the Redskins.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing to me how Lou can find some snaps for CTB and yet Dax Hill is still sitting the bench. Lou seems like a pretty creative guy and yet Dax still isn't seeing the field that much in spite of being a somewhat versatile player?
    It's not easy to win on the road in the NFL and Tenn is an above average with King Henry....I wouldn't exactly consider them meh.

Dax Hill wasn't playing last few weeks due to injury...Lou has stated he was working on him taking over the Tre Flowers role on 3rd downs right before he got hurt.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Tua has come along way from being a one read guy...the additions of Waddle and Hill were huge. Miami has done a nice job rebuilding that program.

From the Athletic:

“It was a chippy, physical game that they didn’t concede at the end,” he said. “There were some punches thrown. It was Jeffery Simmons. I got punched in the face. It was ridiculous. He should be fined.”
    That is why Karras was fired up walking off the field...

https://theathletic.com/3954916/2022...karras-titans/

It wasn’t just that they beat the Titans, it was how. They completely stopped one of the best RBs in the game, they protected Burrow and ran pretty well against one of the better defenses in the league. They dominated the trenches on both sides of the ball which, to be honest, I don’t recall them doing that another time over the past few years.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

14. Likes:

Fil3232 (12-02-2022)

From Hobson...

The Bengals had a fairly muted reaction to Chiefs safety Justin Reid's curious remarks on Wednesday in which he appeared to say he was going to shut down torrid Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins. But Reid apparently had his uniform jerseys and names mixed up and thought he was talking about tight end Tyler Higbee. That was a mistake, too, because Higbee plays for the Rams. So it sounded like Reid was making a show of not knowing that the Bengals tight end he planned to shut down is Hurst.

"Definitely the first guy who's going to attempt to cover me that said something about me or to me or to whoever he thought he was talking about," Hurst said before Thursday's practice. "I don't care really care … You can pick anybody in this locker room and I feel like I'm the last person you probably want to talk (crap) about because I have a long memory."

Nose tackle D.J. Reader remembered he was Reid's former teammate in Houston and fired off a tweet ("Gotta know your personnel better to be making promises") and wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase got a few in. But other than that it was more like strong safety Vonn Bell. "I've got bigger fish to fry. I got (No.) 15 coming town," Bell said of Mahomes.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    From the Athletic:

That is why Karras was fired up walking off the field...

https://theathletic.com/3954916/2022...karras-titans/
    More on this Simmons was fined by the NFL for hitting Karras at the end of the game so we can close the book on why he told all of Tenn FU.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    It wasn’t just that they beat the Titans, it was how. They completely stopped one of the best RBs in the game, they protected Burrow and ran pretty well against one of the better defenses in the league. They dominated the trenches on both sides of the ball which, to be honest, I don’t recall them doing that another time over the past few years.
    Any team that has Ryan Tannehill as their QB isn't going to do much.

Turn Off Ads?