Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

Our remaining schedule is nuts but I think we're up for it. The way Burrow is playing right now I like our chances against anyone (except maybe the lowly Browns).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Our remaining schedule is nuts but I think we're up for it. The way Burrow is playing right now I like our chances against anyone (except maybe the lowly Browns).
    In the NFL, it only matters if you can win post-Thanksgiving, and that goes for everyone, regardless of their record.

Marvin Lewis would always melt post-Thanksgiving. You could set your watch to it.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Hopefully Jonah just needed a break to get healthy and will now be good the rest of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Getting healthy matters, but as you know, there was more than health going on there. If it was only two issues they worked on over the bye, the results were clear that some major improvement occurred. There's hope now that he can get to where he was last season. Every week the opponents get tougher and the games are more meaningful. So, he's got to take another step forward. He can't play at the same level he did against Pittsburg. He's got to do better than that against the Titans, just to get another overall rating in the high-70's.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Cincinnati Bengals from 11/22

Waived: OL Isaiah Prince
    Signed from practice squad: WR Trenton Irwin

Next on the menu....the Titans.

News of the Titans...

Vrabel: Todd Downing Remains Titans OC

November 22nd, 2022 at 4:50pm CST by Sam Robinson

Todd Downing‘s Friday DUI arrest is the subject of an internal Titans investigation and an NFL probe. The Tennessee offensive coordinator could face league discipline, and depending on the results of the league’s inquiry, the Titans could as well.

For now, however, Downing remains in place as Tennessee’s OC. Though, Mike Vrabel was quick to caution that status depends on the findings of these investigations. A Downing suspension under the league’s personal conduct policy will likely commence at some point, but nothing will presumably come to pass until his criminal case concludes. “We’ll continue forward with how things work with Todd as our offensive coordinator, but those things can change,” Vrabel said, via The Nashville Tennesseean’s Nick Suss. “I want to make sure everybody understands that. At any point in time we can hear from the league. The legal process, those things can obviously change. I want to make sure everybody understands that.”

After their Thursday win at Lambeau Field, the Titans landed back in Tennessee at 2:11am CT. Downing was pulled over for DUI at 3:49am. This timeline has led to obvious speculation the 42-year-old assistant was drinking on the team plane. In light of the revelation that Britt Reid was drinking at the Chiefs’ facility before his car accident that led to a 4-year-old girl suffering severe injuries, the NFL figures to take this matter seriously. Players and coaches are prohibited from consuming alcohol in team settings. The NFL, however, has not disciplined the Chiefs in connection with that 2021 incident. It will be interesting to see how the league’s Titans investigation unfolds. The Titans brought Downing back to the OC level last year, promoting him from tight ends coach to replace Arthur Smith, who had also climbed from tight ends coach to play-caller to Falcons head coach. Downing did not fare well as the Raiders’ OC in 2017, a one-and-done stint in that role, but has resurfaced calling plays for the AFC South-leading Titans. Downing has been an NFL assistant since 2005, but this arrest could certainly affect his career trajectory.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Yea, I’m with you. I haven’t broken a knee but about 8 months ago I tore a piece of cartilage in my knee. I was advised to not have surgery right away since I was able to do most things again after staying off my feet for a few days after the injury. But even then, there are still times where I pivot the wrong way or put a little too much bounce into my step and it’ll light me up like a Christmas tree.

I’m not sure I’d be up for a flag football game, much less an NFL game. The injuries these guys play through are just incredible feats of human strength.
    I tore my meniscus about 10 years ago. Never had surgery, but did do PT for about 6 weeks. I've had zero pain with it, although I can't do any activity that requires me to twist or turn quickly on that leg. That's the only time I feel it is moving like that.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

8. Likes:

The Operator (11-23-2022)

Pretty much the Bengals have to win out going forward, is that right? A girl I work with at work actually said last week that she thought that because the Bengals went to the Super Bowl last year, that they are automatically in the playoffs this year
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    Pretty much the Bengals have to win out going forward, is that right? A girl I work with at work actually said last week that she thought that because the Bengals went to the Super Bowl last year, that they are automatically in the playoffs this year
    If they want to win the division they need to win out...

Wild Card you probably think no more than 1 or 2 losses rest of the way.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    If they want to win the division they need to win out...

Wild Card you probably think no more than 1 or 2 losses rest of the way.
    10-7 should get them in as a wild card, so 4-3 or better. If you want to be positive, shoot for 11-6. FWIW, 538 has them projected at a 59% chance to make the playoffs but only 12% to win the division, which I'm sure is due to the rest of the Bengals' schedule and the Ravens' being very weak. On top of that, Baltimore is currently a game ahead plus very likely to win a tiebreaker based on the Bengals' 1-3 division record.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-23-2022),Redhook (11-23-2022),Redsfaithful (11-23-2022),Sea Ray (11-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    If the goal is to make the playoffs, they can still lose quote a few. Their competition for that last playoff spot is NE, the Chargers, Jets and Indy. If they come in 2nd with that group, they're in.

Winning the division is a very low probability so I'm not even thinking about that

14. Likes:

Redhook (11-23-2022)

I didn't realize how soft Baltimore's schedule was going forward. Looking at the schedule I do think they pull away..... but they haven't looked all that impressive as of late.

If you are the Bengals, you want to make the playoffs first and foremost, but avoiding having to play both KC and Buffalo is key. Although they have to run that gauntlet in the regular season!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If the goal is to make the playoffs, they can still lose quote a few. Their competition for that last playoff spot is NE, the Chargers, Jets and Indy. If they come in 2nd with that group, they're in.

Winning the division is a very low probability so I'm not even thinking about that
    10 wins will most likely get in. Chargers look like they have the easiest schedule going forward and they’re getting some receivers back. The Colts are toast as they’d almost have to win out and that’s not happening. It’s looking like the Bengals, Jets or Pats for the last spot (not necessarily the 7th seed). Jets and Pats have terrible offenses and pretty tough schedules. Both of them could struggle to win more than 9. It wouldn’t surprise me if the 7th seed only has 9 wins and gets in via tiebreakers.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Agreed. I’m thinking the Bengals will have to beat Baltimore, the last game, to get in the playoffs. I’m kind of thinking it’d be better if Baltimore has already wrapped up the Division and will be resting starters that game.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

The Bengals have figured out how to dice up cover 2 and 2 safety deep looks. I think teams will shift to defending us with more single high looks.

With Chase back, this is now a Super Bowl caliber team. It probably already was.
    Last edited by Playadlc; 11-23-2022 at 01:07 PM.

I know this was the original projection, Chase back for the Titans' game, but it has me worried that he could use a little more time off, especially with all of the players we got back last week and how well we looked on both sides of the ball last week.

Turn Off Ads?