Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aristides Aquino Signs With NPB’s Chunichi Dragons

Re: Aristides Aquino Signs With NPB’s Chunichi Dragons

Let's see how he does over there. I'm not so sure it'll work out too well. Don't they throw a lot of junk (offspeed) stuff?

2. Turn Off Ads?

but...

he's my blindspot.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    but...

he's my blindspot.
    And he crashed

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    And he crashed
    Maybe he'll go all Cecil Fielder. Not impossible. I just really like the player. I wish he were a better hitter, but watching him throw from RF was a treat.

6. Likes:

Chip R (11-28-2022),goreds2 (11-28-2022),RedsBaron (11-29-2022),Roy Tucker (11-29-2022),Sassy Sal (11-29-2022),UKFlounder (11-28-2022)

Maybe he'll go all Cecil Fielder. Not impossible. I just really like the player. I wish he were a better hitter, but watching him throw from RF was a treat.
    This is not a swipe at you at all.

But isn’t it sad that one of our shining moments last year was watching AA show off his great arm gunning down all those runners circling the bases due to our lousy pitching staff?

Maybe, but he's older and K's 33.4% of his PA's (Fielder 26%) Both before Japan

Code:
    Name			Age	G	PA	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	BB	SO	BA	OBP	SLG	OPS	OPS+
    Fielder			21-24	220	558	67	123	19	2	31	84	46	144	.243	.308	.472	.781	108
    Aquino			24-28	244	762	87	145	28	1	41	108	66	255	.211	.285	.434	.719	85

It was. I love watching OF throws and AA could really whip it. But, other than that, I don't think he was that great of an OFer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

For me, there is the score and there is the game. The whole game. One of the things I hate reading is posters saying "I won't watch until they make a commitment to winning."

pfft. Baseball Is.

So yeah, it was painful watching AA at the plate. Except for the times it was majestic. We'll always have that one August right? But he was amazing arm in RF. And I think above average as a fielder too. Sneaky fast.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=aquino+throw

Just for funsies.

Still, I am optimistic for next year. Fresh faces, a returning Votto, three Rookie SP's with a year under their collective belts and a newly minted Closer entering his 2nd year too. Seems like fun to me regardless of a "commitment to winning".

And maybe I'll peek in on NPB stats from time to time.

11. Likes:

NebraskaRed (11-29-2022),Ron Madden (11-28-2022),westofyou (11-28-2022)

For me, there is the score and there is the game. The whole game. One of the things I hate reading is posters saying "I won't watch until they make a commitment to winning."

pfft. Baseball Is.

Just for funsies. Seems like fun to me regardless of a "commitment to winning".
    I think this may be viewed differently by older Reds fans (those who can remember the goodtimes from the 70's) and those who are younger.

I wasn't alive during the 70's.

I quit watching the Bengals years ago and have not gone back. I'm close to quitting on the Reds too.

For "funsies", I'd rather go watch local little league at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I think this may be viewed differently by older Reds fans (those who can remember the goodtimes from the 70's) and those who are younger.

I wasn't alive during the 70's.

I quit watching the Bengals years ago and have not gone back. I'm close to quitting on the Reds too.

For "funsies", I'd rather go watch local little league at this point.
    I'm 54, so I was alive in the 70's. started really becoming a fan around '79 when we moved back to Cincinnati. dropped off my fandom when we moved away in 84, also because... high school. Then got it back as Rose was breaking my heart.. I was in complete denial.

The only thing worse than being around little league parents is being around dance parents.

14. Likes:

Old school 1983 (01-08-2023),Ron Madden (11-29-2022)

As I’ve mentioned numerous times, I’ve been a Reds fan since 1964 (breaking a 12 year old’s heart does something to you). The Reds are gene-spliced into my DNA. Even when they are bad, I still follow them. I may cranky as hell about it, but I follow them.

I’ll still attend a few games. But the problem is now, it’s widely known that GABP tickets are easy to get and cheap. If the Reds play a team from East of the Mississippi, they is a large contingent of their fans there. It’s not a lot of fun to see the Reds asses get kicked in your home park and hear a lot of cheering when said ass kicking is happening. Sometimes it’s hard to tell who is the home team. It’s embarrassing. They really need to improve the home fan experience.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-29-2022),RedsBaron (11-30-2022),Ron Madden (11-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    As I’ve mentioned numerous times, I’ve been a Reds fan since 1964 (breaking a 12 year old’s heart does something to you). The Reds are gene-spliced into my DNA. Even when they are bad, I still follow them. I may cranky as hell about it, but I follow them.

I’ll still attend a few games. But the problem is now, it’s widely known that GABP tickets are easy to get and cheap. If the Reds play a team from East of the Mississippi, they is a large contingent of their fans there. It’s not a lot of fun to see the Reds asses get kicked in your home park and hear a lot of cheering when said ass kicking is happening. Sometimes it’s hard to tell who is the home team. It’s embarrassing. They really need to improve the home fan experience.
    I can recall taking my two oldest sons to a Reds v Red Sox game at GABP maybe 15 years ago. I'd guess two-thirds of the fans in attendance were Red Sox fans. I talked to a couple of fans from New England who said that tickets to games at Fenway Park were hard to get, so they'd made the trip to Cincinnati to take in all of the Red Sox's games there that weekend. It seemed strange to me for cheers for the Red Sox to drown out cheers for the Reds at GABP (Boston won the game in extra innings).
    Edit: After making the above post I did some quick online research. The game I recalled was on Saturday, June 14, 2008. Boston won 6-4 in ten innings, winning on back-to-back home runs by Youkilis and Crisp. I can recall that one home run (I think it was the HR by Youkilis) landed within a few feet of where we were seated.
    Last edited by RedsBaron; 11-30-2022 at 06:07 AM.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (11-30-2022),Roy Tucker (11-30-2022)

Aristides Aquino says "Thank You Cincy"

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent

A really nice video from Aristides Aquino to the Reds and Reds fans.
    Aquino signed to play for the Chunichi Dragons of NPB in Japan next season

watch:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnI13VEjEJ7/

Last edited by Ron Madden; 01-07-2023 at 10:48 PM.

20. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-07-2023),goreds2 (01-07-2023),NC Reds (01-07-2023),RED VAN HOT (01-08-2023),Revering4Blue (01-07-2023)

he will bat .220 and hit 50 HRs

FWIW, "Punisher" is pronounced "Punisher" in Japanese.

Turn Off Ads?