Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Teams Interested In Trade For Alexis Diaz

Teams Interested In Trade For Alexis Diaz

Teams Interested In Trade For Alexis Diaz

“Teams have checked” in with the Reds about Alexis Diaz, Bobby Nightengale of the Cincinnati Enquirer writes. No trade seems close or particularly likely, given how the rookie right-hander looks more like a building block than a trade chip. In his first MLB season, Diaz finished fifth in NL Rookie of the Year voting after posting a 1.84 ERA over 63 2/3 innings out of the Reds’ bullpen. Apart from a very high 12.9% walk rate, Diaz’s Statcast metrics were otherwise excellent, and he could be on his way to joining older brother Edwin as a star closer. Interestingly, the Mets explored a trade for the younger Diaz before the trade deadline, but while Cincinnati is in a rebuild phase, Nightengale figures it “would take an absolute haul to even pique the Reds’ interest” in a Diaz swap.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...diaz-reds.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Teams Interested In Trade For Alexis Diaz

If someone offers something crazy, sure, why not? The reds aren’t competing ever again anyways, let him play for a real team. Would be cool if he went to the Mets.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

Tom Servo (12-11-2022)

Last July, according to sources, the Mets contacted the Cincinnati Reds in an effort to trade for reliever Alexis Diaz.

For two reasons, the Mets should call the Reds again: One, they have a bullpen to rebuild, and two, their top free agent target is nearly as engaged in Alexis Diaz’s career as he is in his own.

That target, of course, is Edwin Diaz. Alexis is his younger brother

The price for Alexis would be high, befitting a reliever with high-end stuff and five years of team control. After making the Reds somewhat unexpectedly this season, Diaz posted a 1.84 ERA, with 10 saves, in 54 games.

His peripherals are also strong: Per Baseball Savant, Diaz is in the upper echelon in categories such as fastball spin, whiff percentage and expected slugging percentage
    continue reading:
    https://sports.yahoo.com/mets-tried-...7.html?src=rss

Diaz for Baty straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Diaz for Baty straight up.
    I was thinking Baty and Eric Orze, but I'd probably do Diaz for Baty. Orze had some flukey HR allowed in AAA, otherwise he looks pretty decent as a bullpen option.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I wouldn’t wish being stuck with the Reds on anyone. At this point I pull for the players I like and then hope they get traded to a team where I can root for them to have a chance to win something.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (12-12-2022)

No teams actually checked in with the Reds. I got Krall's phone number off of Reddit and called pretending to be Brian Cashman and Chaim Bloom.
    Last edited by klw; 12-11-2022 at 10:26 AM.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

11. Likes:

Slyder (12-11-2022)

Hopefully their resistance to trading Diaz is a sign they are actually leaning into scouting and not just saying it as an excuse to be cheap. This will allow them to make smart decisions on their current roster. If the scouts are sold that India is more like his rookie year than his second year, try to get an extension done with him to get some cost certainty and buy out some free agent years.

13. Likes:

JustaFan (12-11-2022),UPRedsFan (12-11-2022)

If the Reds can't keep a valuable, yet cheap, piece such as Diaz, why even bother trying to field a team. And, I can only assume that this front office would get taken to the cleaners in any trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-2 Count View Post
    If the Reds can't keep a valuable, yet cheap, piece such as Diaz, why even bother trying to field a team. And, I can only assume that this front office would get taken to the cleaners in any trade.
    I don’t think they should be actively looking to trade Diaz, but they would be foolish not to accept an overpay if one is put on the table. Also not sure why you think the FO will get taken to the cleaners based on their recent series of trades. I think most would agree that they have gotten back pretty good value in the majority of the trades made over the past 12 months.

16. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-13-2022)

Turn Off Ads?