Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Votto On His Return From Shoulder Surgery

Re: Votto On His Return From Shoulder Surgery

Mark Sheldon
    @m_sheldon

Votto is playing in a Minor League game today and will travel back to Cincinnati with the team, Bell said. There is still no decision about his status for Opening Day.

2. Likes:

goreds2 (03-26-2023),WildcatFan (03-31-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I like that Votto is being upfront and honest about himself and his situation, but I find it odd that he still isn't sure if he'll be ready by next Thursday. He mentions that his legs and swing still don't feel right, which is understandable, but what does he think is going to suddenly happen in the next 5 days?
    I wonder what criteria he is going to use to determine when/if he'll be ready. Let's say he plays Opening Day but he hits poorly for the first couple of weeks. Is it a slump? Is it something where he isn't as far along as he hoped? Or is it curtains for him? Usually the athlete is the last one to realize he's no longer able to contribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I'm hearing from another site that it's been confirmed, Joey will start the season in AAA as he comes back from this injury

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

Joey Votto is facing a different type of pressure as he comes back from a major surgery.

Votto’s status for Opening Day is uncertain. Whenever he returns, he says, “I have to come back and perform well and be healthy.”

https://twitter.com/CharlieG__/statu...DR6d6q38MtAAAA

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

David Bell said he didn’t even think about Joey Votto being ready for the start of the year until a few weeks ago.

Votto is close, but he’s coming back from a very major surgery.

He’ll start the year on a rehab assignment.

Joe Danneman
    @FOX19Joe

Joey Votto will not be ready for Opening Day.

Decided today to go to minors to finish rehab and will join team when he’s ready.

Says he’s just not all the way ready. #Reds

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent

Joey Votto will start the season on the IL, play for Louisville starting Friday in Nashville

Votto:
    “Still working through some some of the rehab process, not accumulating enough time in the field not accumulating enough at bats. Yesterday was the first day where I felt semi-close to being able to play close to 100 percent”

Last edited by Ron Madden; 03-27-2023 at 01:51 PM.

So they announced Derek Law made the team. Now we know Votto will start on the IL. Barring an acquisition, that means Vosler and Ramos both make the team. Assuming they leave Young in AAA and just go with Sousa as second lefty, they need three 40 man spots. Dunn and Antone to the 60 day IL are probably two of those.

Anybody else far enough away to qualify for 60 day IL? Sims? Votto? Santillan? Weaver? Is EDLC hurt enough for 60 day? Reds could call him up and place him on 60 day? Otherwise, I assume Solak gets DFAd'
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I assume this means Wil Myers will slot in at first base? Fraley, Benson, Senzel, Friedl, one is the odd man out in outfield?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    So they announced Derek Law made the team. Now we know Votto will start on the IL. Barring an acquisition, that means Vosler and Ramos both make the team. Assuming they leave Young in AAA and just go with Sousa as second lefty, they need three 40 man spots. Dunn and Antone to the 60 day IL are probably two of those.

Anybody else far enough away to qualify for 60 day IL? Sims? Votto? Santillan? Weaver? Is EDLC hurt enough for 60 day? Reds could call him up and place him on 60 day? Otherwise, I assume Solak gets DFAd'
    In Dunn already on the 60 day?
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

I'm prepared for the possibility that Votto may be done. If he doesn't play well in his rehab assignment he might just admit he can't do it anymore. Votto doesn't strike me as someone who needs or wants a bunch of fanfare for his retirement. I hope he comes back and has a nice season, but it's far from a guarantee IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    In Dunn already on the 60 day?
    They announced he's going on the 60 day to accommodate Law's addition

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent

March 27

Joey Votto will start the season on the IL, play for Louisville starting Friday in Nashville

Votto:
    “Still working through some some of the rehab process, not accumulating enough time in the field not accumulating enough at bats. Yesterday was the first day where I felt semi-close to being able to play close to 100 percent”

Louisville Bats
    @LouisvilleBats

Mother Nature wins Opening Day.

Tonight’s matchup vs. @nashvillesounds has been postponed due to impending severe weather in the Nashville area.

Tomorrow will now be a doubleheader with the first game beginning at 6:05 PM, ET.

I watched a clip of Votto swinging the bat from recently. Looked painful.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Joey historically has been a slow starter in a season, with his career BA of .277 in March/April being easily his lowest "month," and his career OBP and SLG also being lower in March/April than any other month.
    Even if Votto isn't "done," it shouldn't be surprising if he gets off to a slow start. If he does get off slowly, many will assume he is done, and maybe that will be so.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-02-2023)

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent

Good Joey Votto interview from CBCNews

Why Joey Votto has been called the most interesting man in baseball

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DxaK0K...ature=youtu.be

Turn Off Ads?