Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: MLB Draft Lottery Tuesday December 6

Re: MLB Draft Lottery Tuesday December 6

I'm a big Red Wings fan and have felt the wrath of the lottery before in the NHL, it is the devil

2. Likes:

krm1580 (12-07-2022),Plus Plus (12-07-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

This team sucked way to bad last year to only get to pick 7th.

5. Likes:

bm1475 (12-07-2022),Marc D (12-07-2022),REDREAD (12-07-2022),RedsFanInMS (12-07-2022),Tom Servo (12-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Yonder Alonso
    Mike Minor
    Matt Harvey
    Archie Bradley
    Odd how four straight 7s found their way to Cincinnati

We choked that weekend losing 2 out of 3 to the Brewer's
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

8. Likes:

REDREAD (12-07-2022),WrongVerb (12-07-2022)

If it weren't for bad luck then we would have no luck at all.

Reds Fan Since 1971

10. Likes:

REDREAD (12-07-2022),Revering4Blue (12-07-2022),Roy Tucker (12-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I'm a big Red Wings fan and have felt the wrath of the lottery before in the NHL, it is the devil
    It’s one thing to not win the lottery, but to get punished by it 4 straight years that takes some really bad luck

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Pirates get first pick. One more loss and Reds would have had the Pirates spot, the #3 worst team.

So Reds didn’t tank hard enough.
    Ownership and the Front Office gave 100% on the tanking effort, the players and Bell just didn't pull through (Joking of course)
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Since 2000 the #7 spot has produced Prince Fielder, Nick Markakis, Homer Bailey, Troy Tulowitzki, Clayton Kershaw, Yonder Alonso, Matt Harvey, Max Fried, Aaron Nola, Andrew Benintendi, and Nick Lodolo.
    So you are saying this pick has a 50% chance of being a major leaguer..all hail tanking..( I know a majority of all picks are a crap shoot)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It was over before it began. There was no way we were going to score against Leiter. Easily predictable before the game began. It wasn't the game of his life. He was just that good and that much better than the REDS. He would have shut us out 9 times out of 10 that season. He had a great year during a great career.
    And the Reds countered with Steve Parris.. I knew the game was lost when I saw the matchup.
    Neagle ended up pitching in relief anyhow.. He should have started the game, even if he could only have gone 2 innings.
    Empty the bullpen if you have to, do whatever it takes.
    Jack was overall a good manager, but that was a bonehead move. This was an "All or nothing" game, not a regular season game.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

15. Likes:

Sea Ray (12-07-2022)

If the Reds would have received the first overall pick, most fans would say the Reds will not sign him, he will be a bust, or they will just trade him anyway. This franchise is not going to make most fans happy with whatever move they make outside of signing every big time free agent available, have a payroll of $400m, and fire the manager at the end of every season that does not end in a WS championship.

17. Likes:

Chip R (12-07-2022),JustaFan (12-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by #13 View Post
    If the Reds would have received the first overall pick, most fans would say the Reds will not sign him, he will be a bust, or they will just trade him anyway. This franchise is not going to make most fans happy with whatever move they make outside of signing every big time free agent available, have a payroll of $400m, and fire the manager at the end of every season that does not end in a WS championship.
    No, I'd be more disgusted with MLB rewarding outright tanking. I don't know why people still defend the franchise when the franchise itself peeled back the curtain and let the fans see exactly what the end game of everything was. Profits. They don't care about anything else but that 3rd yacht off the coast of Italy.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

19. Likes:

REDREAD (12-07-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Oakland finished in the bottom 3 and are picking 6th.

It’s facinating how little most people understand how statistics and odds work
    It can be quite profitable at the poker table, too.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by #13 View Post
    How about a payroll that is $100 mil and a willingness to try and compete?

I do not think anyone is sitting here saying the Reds should be the Yankees with regard to payroll. But, this team is clearly not trying right now and the organization has not won a playoff series since the mid 90s. What exactly do you expect from this beaten down fanbase?

This is a garbage organization. They used to actually try, though. They are clearly not trying anymore, this is a money making operation for a dozen old wealthy people. That's it.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

22. Likes:

Bob Sheed (12-07-2022),REDREAD (12-07-2022)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    And the Reds countered with Steve Parris.. I knew the game was lost when I saw the matchup.
    Neagle ended up pitching in relief anyhow.. He should have started the game, even if he could only have gone 2 innings.
    Jack was overall a good manager, but that was a bonehead move. This was an "All or nothing" game, not a regular season game.
    Paris pitched much better than Neagle in 1999. The Reds had won 15 of his 21 starts going into that game. Neagle, who was injured for a good part of the season, pitched quite poorly. Now maybe a bullpen game was in order, but Neagle wasn't the answer.

24. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-07-2022),westofyou (12-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I remember that game at then-Cinergy Field. In the pregame, the crowd thundered like in the BRM days. I thought “we have this game”. But when Alfonzo hit his HR, the only sound I heard was the celebrating from the Mets dugout. I’d never heard a full stadium so quiet. I looked at my son and said “I think we’re in trouble”. And we were.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?