Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Draft Lottery Tuesday December 6

Re: MLB Draft Lottery Tuesday December 6

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    sucks this is the ONLY excitement for 2023 season... and this player wont be on the reds for 5 more years. Because why? cant start that arbitration clock to soon no matter how good he is..freaking Reds ownership
    Ok you can talk bad about the Reds on about anything but this is just completely 100% wrong. In some ways the Reds have been ultra dumb with their not starting the clock late. Tyler Mahle, India, Greene, Lodolo, and Díaz are all examples of the Reds not starting the clock late. You might counter with Senzel, but maybe the Reds felt like he needed some more minor league time and it would be hard to argue with that.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (12-05-2022),Tony Cloninger (12-06-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    We need to be realistic, here, fellas. The Reds can’t afford to sign a top-5 pick. Hoping for something in the 7-10 range. Nice and signable.

I’m joking, of course… I think.
    One thing the reds have actually been doing right the last several years is spending on the draft. They don’t cheap out on it at all.

Still a dumpster fire, but just saying.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

missionhockey21 (12-06-2022),Old school 1983 (12-06-2022),Tony Cloninger (12-06-2022)

The level of ripping on the Reds has reached the stupidity phase. Everyone wants to be out rip the team and show how funny they are like it’s comedy def jam auditions. The Reds don’t play the arb game with players or else they would have kept India down since there was no point in rushing him up in 2021. They also don’t pull the crap that Linder did with paying draft picks. Stick to what they suck at and are clearly doing to horde their money.

7. Likes:

missionhockey21 (12-06-2022),RED VAN HOT (12-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    One thing the reds have actually been doing right the last several years is spending on the draft. They don’t cheap out on it at all.

Still a dumpster fire, but just saying.
    They spend what their bonus pool allows (like everyone else because it’s a rigged market that caps heavily in favor of owners). It’s been a while since cheap teams were dumb enough to punt draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyJ View Post
    They spend what their bonus pool allows (like everyone else because it’s a rigged market that caps heavily in favor of owners). It’s been a while since cheap teams were dumb enough to punt draft picks.
    They usually spend all of their pool allotment and regularly throw over-slot at HS players. I am just saying, they are not being cheap with the draft.

10. Likes:

Chip R (12-07-2022),Old school 1983 (12-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    The level of ripping on the Reds has reached the stupidity phase. Everyone wants to be out rip the team and show how funny they are like it’s comedy def jam auditions. The Reds don’t play the arb game with players or else they would have kept India down since there was no point in rushing him up in 2021. They also don’t pull the crap that Linder did with paying draft picks. Stick to what they suck at and are clearly doing to horde their money.
    Yep, the Reds do not seem to hesitate to draft the right guy (or the guy they think is right), regardless of expected signing cost. And have shown a willingness to go over slot on multiple occasions.

If the Reds luck into a great pick, I don't doubt they will sign the pick they want most and it will not be under slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

12. Likes:

Chip R (12-07-2022)

Actually, the Reds work the draft really well. They know what they are doing when it comes to slotting and signability. The mlb draft is nothing like the nfl draft and the Reds front office have proven themselves to be very draft savy over the last few years.

14. Likes:

Chip R (12-07-2022),Gallen5862 (12-06-2022),HokieRed (12-06-2022),lollipopcurve (12-06-2022),Old school 1983 (12-06-2022)

They work the draft well because they have to work within the specific constraints. If you don't sign the draft pick, you don't get the extra cash.

I mean, I guess they could punt them anyway, so there's that.

My biggest beef is that on draft day, the Reds seem to look pretty good. All the pundits and prospect gurus love their picks. The Reds sign their picks, and all seems to be well.

Then two years later, you scratch your head and wonder where all the holes in their draft picks' game came from.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

17. Likes:

REDREAD (12-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    My biggest beef is that on draft day, the Reds seem to look pretty good. All the pundits and prospect gurus love their picks. The Reds sign their picks, and all seems to be well.

Then two years later, you scratch your head and wonder where all the holes in their draft picks' game came from.
    That's not a Reds thing, that is an MLB thing (aside from the Dodgers)

I understand a lot of people are traumatized by how much of a total bust Senzel is, I know I am, but that entire first round was one big bust**. Perhaps the worst first round in MLB draft history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_M...Baseball_draft

**except for, you guessed it, the Dodgers selecting Gavin Lux with the 20th pick
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 12-06-2022 at 12:10 PM.

19. Likes:

Chip R (12-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    That's not a Reds thing, that is an MLB thing (aside from the Dodgers)

I understand a lot of people are traumatized by how much of a total bust Senzel is, I know I am, but that entire first round was one big bust**. Perhaps the worst first round in MLB draft history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_M...Baseball_draft

**except for, you guessed it, the Dodgers selecting Gavin Lux with the 20th pick
    Pick #59 produced the first All-Star.

Not that that is the end-all, be-all to look for. There is obviously time for that to change as with the younger draftees they are only going to be entering their age 25 seasons. But still, yikes.

2015 - Pick 1 produced the first All-Star
    2014 - Pick 3 ...
    2013 - Pick 2
    2012 - Pick 1
    2011 - Pick 1
    2010 - Pick 1
    2009 - Pick 1
    2008 - Pick 2
    2007 - Pick 1
    2006 - Pick 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

Only 4 hours 8 minutes until the announcement of the results.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Will they make this a media event for the first 6 picks or will they simply announce the result?

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Will they make this a media event for the first 6 picks or will they simply announce the result?
    There will likely be preliminaries, announcing the reps for each team on hand. Maybe discussing the prospects. Then they announce the draft positions. Usually work down from the back. So they’ll begin with #18.

Don’t have to worry about them calling the Reds until they count down from 10.

Reds with 7th pick in the draft.

Reds were not among the 6 lottery winners, fell to #7.

Turn Off Ads?