Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Matthew Jones is coming back. Hopefully Wypler too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wypler declared for draft on Tuesday
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part III - Lets Go Bowling

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Yeah I mean my money laundering comment wasn’t a joke.
    Oh, I know it wasn't. And I thought with the CFP that the bowl games would just decrease because if your team doesn't make an actual playoff for the national championship, was it really a successful season? Boy, I was wrong. With the incorporation of the bowls in the playoff and the seemingly unquenchable thirst for new bowl games - especially in MLB and MLS stadiums - they are quite alive. Hell, even Cincinnati is looking at getting a bowl game played over at TQL Stadium.

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Oh, I know it wasn't. And I thought with the CFP that the bowl games would just decrease because if your team doesn't make an actual playoff for the national championship, was it really a successful season? Boy, I was wrong. With the incorporation of the bowls in the playoff and the seemingly unquenchable thirst for new bowl games - especially in MLB and MLS stadiums - they are quite alive. Hell, even Cincinnati is looking at getting a bowl game played over at TQL Stadium.
    It's all about marketing the school (hence those campus tour commercials) to students, and HS players. Plus it's a trip for the players, an experience most won't forget and for many it could be one of the biggest trips of their lives to that point. Plus what's the harm to the media for covering it and slotting in primetime during the December months? The networks are showing reruns, Christmas specials and long fantasy movies. Bowl games are undergoing the Hallmark Christmas makeover, everyone is in play, most are meaningless and the happiest people are football fanatics and Geico (for the slew of cheap ad time they can buy)

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-12-2023),Assembly Hall (01-13-2023),Chip R (01-12-2023),UKFlounder (01-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Wypler declared for draft on Tuesday
    Ah, somehow missed that. Bummer

This transfer portal thing has gotten completely out of hand. About 2000 entered the portal just in the last month or so. The NCAA knows they've got a problem and they've taken a step to curtail it. They'll give you one free transfer but after that, they're going to make it tough for you to transfer again. If you graduate, you're fine but they're not going to grant you a second transfer for things like lack of playing time. QB JT Daniels is the poster child for this stuff. They oughta name the rule after him

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-portal-usage/

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    This transfer portal thing has gotten completely out of hand. About 2000 entered the portal just in the last month or so. The NCAA knows they've got a problem and they've taken a step to curtail it. They'll give you one free transfer but after that, they're going to make it tough for you to transfer again. If you graduate, you're fine but they're not going to grant you a second transfer for things like lack of playing time. QB JT Daniels is the poster child for this stuff. They oughta name the rule after him

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-portal-usage/
    This should also prevent kids entering a Defacto free agency every offseason.

Well deserved raise for Josh Heupel

https://utsports.com/news/2023/1/24/...uary-2029.aspx

I'm more interested in what the buyout is than annual compensation but of course they're not mentioning that yet

Tennessee's QB recruit just passed Arch Manning as the #1 recruit for this year's class:

The first thing is that it’s incredible that Heupel and his staff were able to land the No. 1 player in the nation, who happens to be a quarterback, after just a year on the job. Remember, Nico committed to Tennessee last spring, so he put a lot of faith in the staff before they delivered an 11-2 season in 2022.

And for folks saying that Nico only committed to the Vols because of an NIL deal, that’s simply not true.

Sure, NIL was a factor. But do you really think that the No. 1 recruit in the nation didn’t have other programs trying to woo him with cash? Of course he did.

Nico, however, believes in the staff at Tennessee and he’s made it clear that he loves Knoxville. If those things weren’t true, Nico wouldn’t be a Vol right now.
    https://atozsports.com/nashville/ten...lege-football/

They finally settled when Texas and Oklahoma will actually join the SEC. It'll be next year, 2024

https://www.si.com/college/2023/02/1...e-sec-espn-fox

12. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (02-10-2023)

Tennessee's QB recruit just passed Arch Manning as the #1 recruit for this year's class:

https://atozsports.com/nashville/ten...lege-football/
    Just noticed this - that is just on the on3 website, which is brand new and has questionable rankings at best. I think Nico is an elite QB prospect, for sure, but if it ain't 247 it doesn't matter. 247 has Arch 1st, Nico 2nd.

Just noticed this - that is just on the on3 website, which is brand new and has questionable rankings at best. I think Nico is an elite QB prospect, for sure, but if it ain't 247 it doesn't matter. 247 has Arch 1st, Nico 2nd.
    No question, these sites vary. I think ESPN has Nico in the 30s. It's my hope that Milton is so great at QB that Nico doesn't play much in 2023

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-10-2023)

I am actually not sold on Arch Manning at all. I wonder if his name was John Smith if he would be a 5 star recruit. He plays at a tiny school in a small time division.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-10-2023),Sea Ray (02-10-2023)

I am actually not sold on Arch Manning at all. I wonder if his name was John Smith if he would be a 5 star recruit. He plays at a tiny school in a small time division.
    To be fair I was never sold on Eli at Ole Miss and thought he only got drafted because of the Manning name.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

They finally settled when Texas and Oklahoma will actually join the SEC. It'll be next year, 2024

https://www.si.com/college/2023/02/1...e-sec-espn-fox
    The Big 12 released their schedule this week. WVU gets all four newcomers including a Thursday night game against Holgorsen at Houston.

Kinda wish that would have been in Morgantown because I wouldn’t be surprised if Holgorsen is gone after next season depending on how he does or Fertitta decides to run him off.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Going to be interesting how the SEC re-works the 2024 schedule. I wonder who will get Oklahoma and Texas?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?