Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022 Part III - Lets Go Bowling

Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part III - Lets Go Bowling

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    There are absolutely no rules right now.

I mean, there is precedence from last year with this. Last year's Bilitnekof winner went to USC and it was the most known secret I have ever seen that there was tampering going on.

Really, it wouldn't be that shocking with Marvin Harrison JR. He is going into his 3rd year as the best NFL draft prospect in the country and will have an unproven QB (I know McCord was his QB in in high school, however not exactly glowing reviews coming out from the WHAC on him). Would anyone be surprised if suddenly Harrison decommits and goes to USC for one year?

OSU needs to figure out NIL and like right now or they are going to turn into a 9-3 kind of team and not an annual national title contender. We are already seeing the effects on recruiting. OSU is suddenly falling behind there. Literally could not get a RB this cycle. Could not get a star DE this cycle. Rumors swirling about their best CB recruit that is an OHIO KID going to Miami suddenly. Not good, not good at all.

I know the average player rating is high on the class, but that is getting heavily weighed by the 4 WRs committed. And like I said about having 4 5 star QBs on the roster last year or so: When you have 10 5 star WRs on the roster, you actually only have 3.
    Matthews, the corner from Winton Woods, confirmed he’s in and enrolling in January. Excited for this kid, had a huge jump in rankings this season.

2. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-08-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Looks like The Clapper is a finalist for the Stanford job.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Whatever gets him off SNF is good with me.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Urban certainly didn’t help Lawrence, but I’m not gonna say it looks like he’s starting to come out of it. He showed some flashes last year and he’s shown some this year. I wouldn’t say he’s been all that much better this year and he’s certainly shown the same low level of consistency.

Fields will have run less when the Bears hopefully sign/draft some receivers.
    This is a poor take. Yes Lawrence has continued to have his struggles, and often at the worst times, but you'd have to have quite a strong bias to claim he's not gotten much better in year 2.

2021 - 12 TD / 17 INT. 59.6 completion %. QBR 71.9
    2022 - 17 TD / 6 INT. 65.6 completion %. QBR 92.8

7. Likes:

Sea Ray (12-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    This is a poor take. Yes Lawrence has continued to have his struggles, and often at the worst times, but you'd have to have quite a strong bias to claim he's not gotten much better in year 2.

2021 - 12 TD / 17 INT. 59.6 completion %. QBR 71.9
    2022 - 17 TD / 6 INT. 65.6 completion %. QBR 92.8
    I have no bias at all. I like Lawrence and could care less about Jacksonville.

I guess last year he was consistently mediocre and this year he’s been had some nice games and some really head scratching bad games. His overall stats might be a little better, he isn’t turning it over as much which is good, but still would say it’s been a disappointment this year and isn’t the jump you would like to see in year 2.

Matthews, the corner from Winton Woods, confirmed he’s in and enrolling in January. Excited for this kid, had a huge jump in rankings this season.
    Saw that. Huge news. They desperately need to hold on to him and CSH. Sounds like Lee is gone.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Day has put 3 consecutive QBs in the first round and has the 1 overall recruit in the 2024 class committed. If that’s a stigma I’m sure he’s just fine having it. I’m sure Day wants NFL success for guys, but his job is to get them there, which he is with every single guy.

Dabo has a big strike out with DJ here and better hope Klubnik keeps developing.
    I think he'd much rather prefer he beat Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I think he'd much rather prefer he beat Michigan.
    Those things aren’t really mutually exclusive.

Day has put 3 consecutive QBs in the first round and has the 1 overall recruit in the 2024 class committed. If that’s a stigma I’m sure he’s just fine having it. I’m sure Day wants NFL success for guys, but his job is to get them there, which he is with every single guy.

Dabo has a big strike out with DJ here and better hope Klubnik keeps developing.
    I’d compare it to John Calipari at Kentucky. Cal has fast tracked so many players to the NBA but only has one championship to show for it and you are measured entirely by championships at Kentucky. Day is fast tracking QBs to the NFL but can’t win when it matters (Michigan and bowl games).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

He's staying put.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I’d compare it to John Calipari at Kentucky. Cal has fast tracked so many players to the NBA but only has one championship to show for it and you are measured entirely by championships at Kentucky. Day is fast tracking QBs to the NFL but can’t win when it matters (Michigan and bowl games).
    He’s 2-2 in Bowl games and has made the playoffs 3 of his 4 seasons. He’s 1-2 against Michigan and would be 2-2 if Michigan hadn’t forfeited like a bunch of cowards in 2020.

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-09-2022),jimbo (12-09-2022)

bowl games).
    ??

Ryan Day Bowl Games:

2019 (L to Clemson 29-23 - got completely and utterly hosed by the refs in this one - pick 6 called back late in the game)
    2020 (W against Clemson in compete blowout) (L in National Championship to Bama - half team out with COVID)
    2021 (W against Utah in Rose Bowl)
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    ??

Ryan Day Bowl Games:

2019 (L to Clemson 29-23 - got completely and utterly hosed by the refs in this one - pick 6 called back late in the game)
    2020 (W against Clemson in compete blowout) (L in National Championship to Bama - half team out with COVID)
    2021 (W against Utah in Rose Bowl)
    That 2019 game was an incredibly coached game IMO. They came out on fire, Dobbins dropped 2 TDs, they got unlucky with that targeting call, and all those conspired to allow Clemson to hang around and eventually win. The gameplan was perfect though.

Day's teams have had offensive fireworks in bowl games when he has a month to prep. Hopefully that happens again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    That 2019 game was an incredibly coached game IMO. They came out on fire, Dobbins dropped 2 TDs, they got unlucky with that targeting call, and all those conspired to allow Clemson to hang around and eventually win. The gameplan was perfect though.

Day's teams have had offensive fireworks in bowl games when he has a month to prep. Hopefully that happens again.

This often gets left off when discussing that 2019 game. The Garrett Wilson catch, which was originally ruled out of bounds, then reversed. OSU was going fast and Dobbins had a massive run ahead of him when the official blew the play dead to review the catch. In that case OSU probably was better off just letting the original call standing.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    This often gets left off when discussing that 2019 game. The Garrett Wilson catch, which was originally ruled out of bounds, then reversed. OSU was going fast and Dobbins had a massive run ahead of him when the official blew the play dead to review the catch. In that case OSU probably was better off just letting the original call standing.
    That was one of those games where everything that could go wrong did. OSU was the better team, and by a lot IMO. So many turning points, and they all went against OSU unfortunately. The 2 dropped TDs were brutal. The targeting call game Clemson new life. It wasn't a dirty play, just unlucky. They were probably toast without that call. Incorrectly reversing the fumble call. Even the last INT in the end zone. The play was there, but just miscommunication between Olave and Fields.

That team was awesome. I wish we could have seen them play LSU

Turn Off Ads?