Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022 Part III - Lets Go Bowling

Re: NCAA Football 2022 Part III - Lets Go Bowling

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    That was one of those games where everything that could go wrong did. OSU was the better team, and by a lot IMO. So many turning points, and they all went against OSU unfortunately. The 2 dropped TDs were brutal. The targeting call game Clemson new life. It wasn't a dirty play, just unlucky. They were probably toast without that call. Incorrectly reversing the fumble call. Even the last INT in the end zone. The play was there, but just miscommunication between Olave and Fields.

That team was awesome. I wish we could have seen them play LSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The best way I heard that described is Clemson needed 10 things to go right to win that game and all 10 did.

I would had loved to see that team play LSU. That defense, man that defense. And Fields was really coming into his own at that point. The unfortunate part of that game was Fields hurt his knee earlier and just couldn't shake the heavy knee brace. He was "limited" with what he could do against Clemson. If there was any team in college football that could have stopped LSU it was that OSU team.

2. Likes:

GAC (12-10-2022),Hillsdale87 (12-09-2022),RedTeamGo! (12-09-2022),Revering4Blue (12-11-2022),Roy Tucker (12-09-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    ??

Ryan Day Bowl Games:

2019 (L to Clemson 29-23 - got completely and utterly hosed by the refs in this one - pick 6 called back late in the game)
    2020 (W against Clemson in compete blowout) (L in National Championship to Bama - half team out with COVID)
    2021 (W against Utah in Rose Bowl)
    Let's not forget that the Big 10 changed the rules to even allow OSU to play.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    He’s 2-2 in Bowl games and has made the playoffs 3 of his 4 seasons. He’s 1-2 against Michigan and would be 2-2 if Michigan hadn’t forfeited like a bunch of cowards in 2020.
    "Just because you're standing on 3rd, doesn't mean you hit a triple."

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Let's not forget that the Big 10 changed the rules to even allow OSU to play.
    Yes, they were clearly undeserving and it would have been better if Indiana was the B10 champion

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    "Just because you're standing on 3rd, doesn't mean you hit a triple."
    Dude do you ever have anything constructive to say about anything or do you just want to keep up your stupid troll routine?

Everyone else here, of all types of fandom and backgrounds, are having a nice respectful conservation about college football.

And then there is you with what I’m sure you think is a hilarious Calvin pissing on a Ford level energy.

Grow up.

8. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-10-2022),cumberlandreds (12-10-2022),jimbo (12-11-2022),westofyou (12-10-2022)

Uh oh Sea Ray II has fully entered the chat

10. Likes:

Sea Ray (12-10-2022),westofyou (12-10-2022)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Yes, they were clearly undeserving and it would have been better if Indiana was the B10 champion

That would have worked fine for me.

12. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (12-10-2022),RedTeamGo! (12-10-2022),Revering4Blue (12-11-2022),Sea Ray (12-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    That would have worked fine for me.
    Ha. I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Uh oh Sea Ray II has fully entered the chat
    Nice to see that I'm in everyone's head here on RZ

15. Likes:

goreds2 (12-10-2022)

I listened to a podcast today that was talking about how huge of a failure the Ohio State NIL collectives have been. It was also talking about how successful the SEC NIL collectives have been and are. Apparently schools like Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia, Bama, etc have put together “war chests” of well over $30 million. They have permanent staffs that just concentrate on getting more money to give to recruits, transfers, and current players. Meanwhile it was reported Ohio State has less than $3 million in their war chest. Schools like Michigan, Notre Dame, and rest of the big ten are in the same boat as Ohio State. This is why you are seeing schools like Miami peeling off recruits from Michigan and Auburn about to flip a CB from the Buckeyes (Kaylin Lee). Also rumors Tennessee is actively recruiting current OSU RB Dallan Hayden. Georgia is partnered with Coca Cola and recruits are full out getting high 6 figure checks directly from Coca Cola. Gene Smith, the OSU AD, went on Twitter a day or two ago and basically begged OSU boosters to give money to the NIL collectives (truly embarrassing for the university) because of how far behind OSU is falling with NIL. Reports that Midwest boosters simply do not want to give a bunch of money to HS recruits and current players. They would “rather have their names on buildings) - and who could blame them? It’s frigging amateur athletics.

Ryan Day infamously said last year he estimates it will cost $30 million to keep his starters at OSU. Well, they collected about 10% of his estimation. So his Star players aren’t getting close to what they thought they would. Perhaps this is why around halfway through the year players started playing more sloppy and with less intensity. Hard to say. Maybe there’s a lot of pissed off buckeyes that were expecting $100,000 checks from The Foundation and ended up with $10,000. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a mass exodus from OSU after the CFP….

Now, I am not whining about this or anything. OSU has been getting elite recruits for past 20 years. Hard for that to last forever regardless of NIL. With that said: I just do not see how big ten teams, Notre Dame, and others are going to be able to compete on a national level. You will still probably see OSU and UM win enough games to get to the expanded playoffs the next couple of years but they will get waxed by the likes of Georgia, Bama, Tennessee, etc that is paying $30 mil a year for their rosters. Eventually no recruit with a pulse will go to UM or OSU. Why would you go to OSU for $50,000 in NIL when you can go to Georgia for $500,000? The answer they you would not. This will result in OSU and UM fighting over the same 3 star recruits the rest of the big ten is and basically just another 8-4 or 7-5 big ten team. This is, of course, assuming these programs don’t start getting tens of millions from billionaire boosters. But, if they stay the course with what they are doing now? The big ten will basically be MAC football.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 12-10-2022 at 08:51 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Short answer is this isn’t what NIL is going to look like long term.

Short answer is this isn’t what NIL is going to look like long term.
    How do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    How do you know that?
    Because there isn’t an ROI.

Because there isn’t an ROI.
    It’s still very early. We don’t think there will be ROI with Damon Wilson?

So Bryce Young finishes 6th in the Heisman. Well behind his "rival" CJ Stroud. I assumed it was between them at start if season. Is there some reason he fell out of favor.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?