Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Reds sign Curt Casali to 1y deal, DFA Moustakas

Re: Reds sign Curt Casali to 1y deal, DFA Moustakas

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    India is really the only one I agree with.
    The minor injuries Greene and Lodollo had did not really impact their performance much. Although I will concede that better health hopefully means more innings which is actually more production, so I will not argue on that.

Fraley had an 812 OPS last season, do you really think he'll be better than that? His career OPS is 733. He'll likely still get benefits from the GAB, but I doubt he tops 812 OPS.

Sims and Senzel are below average players.. they are non factors. I mean seriously, Senzel?
    Antone is not a reasonable expectation to be an impact this year. Hopefully he's healthy enough to stay off the DL all year.

Edit: Votto is one of my favorite players, but he's too old. Not reasonable to expect a big jump out of him. Hopefully he's adequate.
    exactly. and fraley didn't look good until he was facing a lot of AAAA pitchers in meaningless games in august & sept. if he gets over 400 PAs this year and OPS's over .800 i'll be shocked.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (02-08-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    exactly. and fraley didn't look good until he was facing a lot of AAAA pitchers in meaningless games in august & sept. if he gets over 400 PAs this year and OPS's over .800 i'll be shocked.
    The dude did not play all of May/June/July and had a .295/.377/.526/.903 OPS in his final 200 PA's

Not all against AAAA pitcher either

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (02-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The dude did not play all of May/June/July and had a .295/.377/.526/.903 OPS in his final 200 PA's

Not all against AAAA pitcher either
    "didn't play may-july."

that is correct. played in april (was very bad), then got hurt, then played the final 2 months of the season. which is why i said his stats all came in august & september. kinda like the one month a few years ago when aquino got hot. although, at least fraley did it for two months and not just one? whoooo! although, his august wasn't nearly as good as the one lucky month aquino had, so tough to get excited about this guy.

he's a 5th OF on a good team. the reds have him Sharpie'd into a middle of the order role. yikes.

7. Likes:

REDREAD (02-08-2023)

"didn't play may-july."

that is correct. played in april (was very bad), then got hurt, then played the final 2 months of the season. which is why i said his stats all came in august & september. kinda like the one month a few years ago when aquino got hot. although, at least fraley did it for two months and not just one? whoooo! although, his august wasn't nearly as good as the one lucky month aquino had, so tough to get excited about this guy.

he's a 5th OF on a good team. the reds have him Sharpie'd into a middle of the order role. yikes.
    "That Joey Votto only played 24 games. Why, he had less than 100 PAs. What kind of player is that? Nah, give me Scott Hatteberg anyday. That guy's a veteran. Votto? Meh. What's he really done against good players? He's only got an 858 OPS against minors leaguers-- that was just a lucky month against AAAA players.

I'd trade him for Eric Bedard tomorrow.
    "

9. Likes:

westofyou (02-03-2023)

"didn't play may-july."

"Got Hurt"

No, he went on the DL because he was having major issues with depression and anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    "Got Hurt"

No, he went on the DL because he was having major issues with depression and anxiety
    Kind of irrelevant why he was on the DL, the point remains the same.
    He's not likely to top his 812 OPS of last year. I will be thrilled if he comes close to matching it.
    The assertion was that we were going get significantly more production out of him (paraphrased, I don't want to find the exact quote)
    I hope the guy's depression is better, but no one was making the argument that an injury was going to hamper his future production (if that's the point you were trying to make, I am not sure)
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Kind of irrelevant why he was on the DL, the point remains the same.
    He's not likely to top his 812 OPS of last year. I will be thrilled if he comes close to matching it.
    The assertion was that we were going get significantly more production out of him (paraphrased, I don't want to find the exact quote)
    I hope the guy's depression is better, but no one was making the argument that an injury was going to hamper his future production (if that's the point you were trying to make, I am not sure)
    If he comes close to matching last year's 821 OPS, his production will be significantly increased due to his likely increased PAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    If he comes close to matching last year's 821 OPS, his production will be significantly increased due to his likely increased PAs.
    This is what I Said

Yep, Stephenson himself is really the only guy that was injured a lot last year that we can reasonably expect more production from.
    By definition, if any injured person is healthy the next year, he will produce more, if you call production counting stats.
    If he repeats an 821 OPS, that's the same production. But I will give you the last word.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

If he repeats an 821 OPS, that's the same production. But I will give you the last word.
    So you're telling me that Denis Phips was just as productive as Joey Votto in 2012? That backup catcher Ramon Cabrera was more productive than Todd Frazier in 2015? That Justin Wilson was much better than Luis Castillo?

C'mon. man.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Noticed this because he punished us a couple times at the game I was at last week, but Moose has quietly turned things around out there in the Rockies. Very standard Moose season of a .795 OPS right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Noticed this because he punished us a couple times at the game I was at last week, but Moose has quietly turned things around out there in the Rockies. Very standard Moose season of a .795 OPS right now.
    He was just traded to the Angels over the weekend and looks to be starting at first for them moving forward.

Turn Off Ads?