Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds post-season transactions 2022-23 Part Two

Re: Reds post-season transactions 2022-23 Part Two

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Kc61 said to trade every vet who likely won’t be around in 2026. That is pretty much any Reds player with MLB experience. He wants to trade not just the core of the franchise, but nearly the entire team right now. He doubles down on that in replying post.

- - - Updated - - -
    This post is a gross mischaracterization. KC61 did not say to do anything or to trade anyone. He did not say he “wants” to do anything. He specifically said Reds would likely not trade Greene or Lodolo. He did not “double down” on any opinion - except that it was a rational idea, a legitimate question whether to go even younger.

- - - Updated - - -

Kc61 literally said everyone except maybe Greene and Lodolo should be considered to be traded in following posts. It’s right there in black and white. I even reposted it and highlighted it.
    You can’t walk it back, 75. You mischaracterized my post. Get it right in the future. Thank you.
    Last edited by Kc61; 01-26-2023 at 03:46 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    This post is a gross mischaracterization. KC61 did not say to do anything or to trade anyone. He did not say he “wants” to do anything. He specifically said Reds would likely not trade Greene or Lodolo. He did not “double down” on any opinion - except that it was a rational idea, a legitimate question whether to go even younger.

You jumped on this by exaggeration and mischaracterization.

- - - Updated - - -

You can’t walk it back, 75. You mischaracterized my statement. Get it right in the future. Thank you.
    The difference between “it would be entirely rational to trade a number of the guys“ and “I want to trade a numbers of guys” is mostly semantics. It’s not a gross mischaracterization, maybe a slight exaggeration. It’s clear this is something you think the Reds should do. That’s the central conclusion.

My apologies for offending you with it, that was not my intention, but I stand by what I posted.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Kc61 literally said everyone except maybe Greene and Lodolo should be considered to be traded in following posts. It’s right there in black and white. I even reposted it and highlighted it.
    That is very different than the post I responded to, where you said:

Kc61 said to trade every vet who likely won’t be around in 2026. That is pretty much any Reds player with MLB experience. He wants to trade not just the core of the franchise, but nearly the entire team right now.
    I, personally, do not find the difference between "should consider" or "raises legitimate questions" and "said to" to be semantical. You obviously do, so I'm willing to agree to disagree on this one

The difference between “it would be entirely rational to trade a number of the guys“ and “I want to trade a numbers of guys” is mostly semantics. It’s not a gross mischaracterization, maybe a slight exaggeration. It’s clear this is something you think the Reds should do. That’s the central conclusion.

My apologies for offending you with it, that was not my intention, but I stand by what I posted.
    I think you are reading the right now part into it yourself. You don't trade the young and controllable ones unless you are offered a franchise changing return. The question is, by 2026, will India, Stephenson, Greene, Lodolo and Ashcraft still be Reds or will they be dealt as the years of control dwindle and the salary rises? Reading into things that both Krall and goofy Phil have said, there is reason to believe they will do this? Hopefully, they don't dump the entire core, but these kids coming up from teh minors won't be supplementing these guys, they will be replacing at least some of them.

I think most people look at the prospects that are in the pipeline and are picturing massive upgrades as they replace the worst players on teh roster. Reality is that some of them will be replacing the best players currently on the roster as those players become too expensive. CES is probably teh replacement for Votto. Marte may be the replacement for India. Not sure who replaces Stephenson. It may take a couple of these guys to replace his production. The potential for massive upgrade isn't as big as people are dreaming. They have to hit on a very high percentage of these prospects just to keep from falling farther behind. No idea who replaces Greene, Lodolo and Ashcraft. If the Reds are going to extend any of them and keep them around, those are teh guys to extend IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

6. Likes:

LeatherPants (01-26-2023),REDREAD (01-31-2023),Revering4Blue (01-26-2023)

And I stand on my posts, as i wrote them.
    Last edited by Kc61; 01-26-2023 at 04:10 PM.

No Signings or trades to talk about

4Topps working with Reds on new seating

4Topps is installing 360 branded high-back suite seats in the Lexus Diamond Club at Great American Ball Park, the latest development in the long-standing relationship between the Reds and the premium seating company. The reduced size and profile of the seats compared to the Diamond Club’s previous seats has allowed the Reds to add 11 additional seats to the section. The installation of the new seats, which use a mesh design to keep fans cooler and more comfortable, will be completed by Opening Day.

We've had the same seats in (the Diamond Club) since the park opened (in 2003). And so making this change was a big deal. We’re really excited about it.”

Story and Photo Here:
    https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...rk-4topps.aspx

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-30-2023),Sabo Fan (01-30-2023)

Those 11 new seats will add somewhere around $80,000 each season, assuming seating in the Diamond Seats is high.

That doesn't include merchandise, parking, or concession sales.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (01-31-2023)

Only if they’re sold

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Those 11 new seats will add somewhere around $80,000 each season, assuming seating in the Diamond Seats is high.

That doesn't include merchandise, parking, or concession sales.

13. Likes:

Chip R (02-02-2023),REDREAD (01-31-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    No Signings or trades to talk about
    Story and Photo Here:
    https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...rk-4topps.aspx
    Did you open a new bottle of Jim Beam?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

16. Likes:

Gallen5862 (01-31-2023),mth123 (01-30-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    Who was it around here that was stumping for Pinder last offseason? HokieRed?

18. Likes:

HokieRed (01-31-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Who was it around here that was stumping for Pinder last offseason? HokieRed?
    Yes. Pinder had another down year though. Guess he finally fell to the reds price range. IMO, Pinder, Solak and Senzel are competing for the last position player spot.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

20. Likes:

REDREAD (01-31-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    Cincinnati Reds to add utilityman Chad Pinder on a minor league contract

Pinder has played every position in the majors except catcher, and his versatility should give him some paths toward the Opening Day roster.

The Reds are planning to carry three catchers, Tyler Stephenson, Curt Casali and Luke Maile, throughout the season, so they’ll be a man short on the bench. That could benefit Pinder with his ability to play anywhere defensively if he has a strong showing in camp.

As a righthanded hitter, he’ll likely compete with Stuart Fairchild and Nick Solak for a roster spot in the outfield, and his experience in center could be important if Nick Senzel isn’t fully healed from offseason toe surgery.

Pinder hit at least a dozen homers in four separate seasons, and his power should play up moving from a huge stadium in Oakland to a hitter-friendly environment at Great American Ball Park.

In recent seasons, the Reds have been successful with some of their veteran nonroster signings. They hit big with Brandon Drury last year. Tyler Naquin was a key contributor in 2021 and 2022. Jose Iglesias became an everyday starter in 2019.

Story Here:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...age=AA14Rk4g|2

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Cool. 3 catchers. Bell will be out of bench players by the 6th inning.

I’m not of the opinion Senzel is fighting for anything in the spring; maybe a starting spot.

And he should start over guys like Solak and Pinder, because there is the outside chance he’ll play 130+ games and put up decent numbers. Now, if we were bringing in legitimate major league talent, he absolutely would be fighting for a roster spot.

Meh. Who knows what the Reds will do? Look for the cheapest solution and work your way up from there.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

23. Likes:

REDREAD (01-31-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    IMO, Pinder, Solak and Senzel are competing for the last position player spot.
    More like Alejo Lopez, Barrero/ Newman, and Solak, I suspect. (With Newman dealt for a SS-needy team.)

Senzel has $2M reasons he's going to make the team.

Turn Off Ads?