Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part IV

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part IV

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    My thought was it was a hard shot to the chest. Ruptured aorta possible?
    Could be. Hard to speculate. He stood up after the tackle, did a one count, and just collapsed. Not a typical spinal injury.

They can’t play after this.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

I agree with FCB the NFL is a billion dollar corporation cancel the game and figure it out...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Sounds like a heart attack, most likely from a pre-existing condition, something he never knew about.

Having a pulse but not being able to breath on his own is bad, sounds like brain damage of some sort. Right now, just praying he regains consciousness.

I am positive they will cancel this game, they already know that will happen, they are just dealing with bigger issues right now.
    Last edited by 757690; 01-02-2023 at 09:46 PM.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Jesus, just cancel the damn game and wipe it from the records. Each team keeps their record and let next week decide. Some things are bigger than a game. Go home for God’s sake.
    So obvious. But they're literally waiting to see if he's okay to resume play, which is just sick.

Good job on Zach and Sean for both having common sense to meet at the 50...its traumatic seeing something like this.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Sounds like a heart attack, most likely from a pre-existing condition, something he never knew about.

Having a pulse but being able to breath on his own is bad, sounds like brain damage of some sort. Right now, just praying he regains consciousness.

I am positive they will cancel this game, they already know that will happen, they are just dealing with bigger issues right now.
    I agree. Twitter mob is hot right now that they haven’t canceled yet but everyone just needs to take a step back…they aren’t playing tonight.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

Having a pulse but being able to breath on his own is bad, sounds like brain damage of some sort. Right now, just praying he regains consciousness.

That’s what I’m thinking too. Extremely tragic.

Is that a football specific injury? Would that happen in any aerobic heavy, contact sport?

Commotio cordis is being speculated quite a bit…

10. Likes:

Chip R (01-03-2023)

The shock has passed but the reality of the situation is sinking into everyone’s hearts and minds. I’d anticipate the game being cancelled. Even coming back tomorrow to play is out of the question. Come on Goodell.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

12. Likes:

757690 (01-02-2023),RedsBaron (01-02-2023),Revering4Blue (01-02-2023),Wonderful Monds (01-02-2023)

I unfortunately would be shocked if this young man is alive past this point. I don’t know what to say past that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I unfortunately would be shocked if this young man is alive past this point. I don’t know what to say past that.
    He's probably hooked up to a breathing machine at this point. Is his brain alive?

I’m just still in shock right now.

This is just awful. I really hope the young man survives and makes a full recovery. Very worried though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-02-2023),Wonderful Monds (01-02-2023)

It does surprise me that they "waited" for the family to arrive before rushing him to the hospital. If it's life or death, I don't think you'd do that

I think folks should relax. They're not playing, but they have to figure out the logistics, draft a press release, etc. All that takes time, and there's no reason to rush. I'm sure the teams know they're not playing, and that's all that matters.

19. Likes:

757690 (01-02-2023),RiverRat13 (01-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He's probably hooked up to a breathing machine at this point. Is his brain alive?
    Where I’m at over here in Covington where I’m watching the game with people…..almost 10 minutes on CPR……taken away without being able to breathe on his own.

Everyone here has just kind of figured this individual has passed away. Myself included.

Turn Off Ads?