Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2023 NFL Coaching Carousel

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: 2023 NFL Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You didn't read the post.

I said it's assumed that you know that the next Head Coach will report directly to the Owners, as it was reported widely a month ago when they began the search and that I wasn't going to find that link for you as you can look it up yourself.

What I did post, which also shows you didn't read the post, is that three names, specific names of Owners, were listed as the people who were in charge of the hiring and interviewing of the next Head Coach, Rice being one of those names, while they were being "assisted" by the G.M. (somebody has to do the paperwork and act as Secretary). So, that means that Payton will be reporting directly to Rice, and the other two Owners. That's crystal clear in my post. If you can't see that, you need to go back to school.

I can't do all the work for you. Do some of the research yourself.
    Except you did insinuate that it was only her he was reporting to.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think the Texans got it right with Demeco Ryans. Pretty much a no-brainer all around. He returns to where he played and where his wife is from. Gets an extra long deal because of the way Texans fired their last 2 coaches. I think Houston was the best job out of all the openings.

Lots of cap space. #5 overall. 2nd pick in the draft, 2 first rounders this year and next.

Asking to interview the 49's passing game coordinator to be the OC. I'll be interested to see what happens with the current OC Pep Hamilton who was a "hot name" in the OC game last year.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Fangio is getting 4.5 million per season to run the Dolphins D...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

5. Likes:

Chip R (02-03-2023)

"Reports pegged Payton as both being onboard with Denver’s Rob Walton-fronted ownership contingent while also potentially fearing a power struggle with one of the struggling team’s new owners. Payton made a point to directly refute the latter stance, and it should be expected he will have final say when it comes to the Broncos’ roster. GM George Paton had held that control from 2021-22, and while a phonetically challenging Payton-Paton partnership could still be in the works, the team’s new head coach is believed to want to bring some personnel staffers with him. Penner said both Paton and the team’s next HC will report directly to him. Tuesday’s hire stands to further diminish Paton’s power, though the rumored Broncos big swing happening represents a major development for a team that has whiffed on a few HCs in recent years."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...-as-head-coach

There's about 20 links in that article to other stories that relate to that paragraph, so if you are interested in details, ther is the main link and from there have fun.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Denver has reached out to Dan Quinn, Raheem Morris and DeMeco Ryans. My theory all along was Denver was going to go one of two ways, since it appears to be a big mess there.

1) REALLY long term (8-10 years) deal with an in demand coach for major dollars. Because if Wilson is a bust, with all the draft capital done this is a long term fix. Quinn and Payton fall into this category.
    2) A coach with not many options (beggars can't be choosers). I had actually previously mentioned Morris by name.

My guess is they go option 1.
    I got this half right. They went for the in-demand "name coach" after pursuing another name coach in Jim Harbaugh. I was only surprised by the length of 5 years. I haven't heard the $$ figures but I assume they will be very high. In the end, I think Payton wanted an escape clause after 5 years. That allows him to move on without compensation, like he had to battle with this time.

Payton holds press conference and says in response to a question that Wilson is not gonna have his own personal coaches in the building.

Vikings hire Brian Flores as Def Coordinator. He has a totally different defensive approach to Donatell/Fangio, which O’Connell liked in 2022.

My guess (as it was last year) is that no one hires Flores for HC. He fails the test of "is this someone I want to work with?".
    No one hired him as HC. He hired on as DC for Vikings, while still in the running supposedly for Az HC. He must have gotten wind they were going elsewhere.

Word on the street is that the Colts "Brain Trust" has narrowed the HC choice down to 3 guys. Eagles OC Shane Steichen, Jeff Saturday and Raheem Morris. Differing opinions as to who the favorite is. But it's always between Steichen and Saturday.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 02-11-2023 at 03:09 PM.

Word on the street is that the Colts "Brain Trust" has narrowed the HC choice down to 3 guys. Eagles OC Shane Steichen, Jeff Saturday and Raheem Morris. Differing opinions as to who the favprite is. But it's always between Steichen and Saturday.
    If it’s Saturday you know Irsay is pulling the strings.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

13. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-11-2023),Revering4Blue (02-11-2023)

I'm starting to think that the reason for the "exhaustive" search is so that Irsay can justify Saturday.

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-11-2023),Revering4Blue (02-11-2023),RiverRat13 (02-11-2023)

Sean Payton/Rex Ryan would be an interesting pairing...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

17. Likes:

Chip R (02-16-2023)

Ian Rapaport and Adam Schefter saying Colts have settled on Eagles OC Shane Steichen, and will now see if they can come to an agreement. And that Jeff Saturday has been told he will not be getting the gig.

Not that I expect it to happen, but I wonder what would happen if Eagles offense sputters badly during SuperBowl.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Sean Payton/Rex Ryan would be an interesting pairing...
    Sean had brother Rob with him in New Orleans and it didn't work out too good. Does Rex wanna get back into coaching?

20. Likes:

Chip R (02-16-2023)

I will say this opens up Jeff Saturday to ALL teams. There may be a bidding war.

22. Likes:

Chip R (02-16-2023),Sea Ray (02-12-2023)

Turn Off Ads?