Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2022-23 Part 2: Everyone Scores 50

Re: NBA 2022-23 Part 2: Everyone Scores 50

I think they blew the call, but the referee’s union admitting that mistake publicly just because it was LA or LBJ is nauseating. Either do this for every blown call (which might be nearly impossible) or don’t do it all.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-29-2023),SteelSD (01-29-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

The Pelicans are sliding, on their way to a eight straight losses and 3-11 since Zion went down. They're now in the play-in bracket (by percentage points).

P.S. Giannis dropped 50 in the game, going 20-26.
    Last edited by M2; 01-29-2023 at 10:40 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Pelicans are sliding, on their way to a eight straight losses and 3-11 since Zion went down. They're now in the play-in bracket (by percentage points).

The NBA western conference is drunk this year. As in 8 Long Island iced teas in two hours drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Two brothers combine for 50 points on 27 shots between them.

7. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (01-30-2023),M2 (01-30-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    The NBA western conference is drunk this year. As in 8 Long Island iced teas in two hours drunk.
    The spread from 3-13 is 5 games. I'm wondering if anyone can achieve escape velocity before the ASG.

I think they blew the call, but the referee’s union admitting that mistake publicly just because it was LA or LBJ is nauseating. Either do this for every blown call (which might be nearly impossible) or don’t do it all.
    Only for the Lakers. Never seen refs publicly admit they blew a call much less apologize for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Joel Embiid should start for the East in the all star game. He is not just one of the top five players in the East, he is the top player.
    The NBA needs to fix that by the time of the game. If not, what is the point of the game, if you can’t recognize the most dominating player in the league the first half of the season?

Joel Embiid should start for the East in the all star game. He is not just one of the top five players in the East, he is the top player.
    The NBA needs to fix that by the time of the game. If not, what is the point of the game, if you can’t recognize the most dominating player in the league the first half of the season?
    I assume the easy fix is Durant is out with an injury and Embiid takes his place.

Myles Turner trade rumors can be put to bed.

The core is set at Haliburton (Carlisle said last week,..."Guess is shows just how important this guy is to the team when we lose seven in a row without him"), Mathurin and Turner. $30M per season until '24-'25. Pretty good commitment as they recognize two windows. One that can win now and one that can win after this contract, which frees up $30M in 2025-'26. Pretty good plan, I think.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

The core is set at Haliburton (Carlisle said last week,..."Guess is shows just how important this guy is to the team when we lose seven in a row without him"), Mathurin and Turner. $30M per season until '24-'25. Pretty good commitment as they recognize two windows. One that can win now and one that can win after this contract, which frees up $30M in 2025-'26. Pretty good plan, I think.
    I’d rather have Jaren Jackson, who outplayed Turner Sunday night. J3 is quickly becoming a dominant defensive force.

I’d rather have Jaren Jackson, who outplayed Turner Sunday night. J3 is quickly becoming a dominant defensive force.
    One day he'll have a full season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

One day he'll have a full season.
    That’s his biggest flaw. He also commits too many fouls which cuts his minutes.

That’s his biggest flaw. He also commits too many fouls which cuts his minutes.
    I think that comes from his abridged seasons. Fix the health issues and the foul issues will improve.

In case anyone has any doubts...

January 30th, 2023 at 5:18pm CST by Dana Gauruder

The Pacers didn’t extend Myles Turner in order to trade him, coach Rick Carlisle told Marc Stein (Twitter link) and other media members.

“Yes, he’s off the trade block,” Carlisle said.

There were some questions initially whether the extension, which Turner signed on Monday, would still allow Indiana to deal the big man. While it turns out that Turner is trade eligible, Carlisle’s comment made it clear that’s not going to happen.

President of basketball operations Kevin Pritchard reiterated that Turner will be staying put, Dustin Dopirak of the Indianapolis Star tweets.

“One of the things we’ve always believed in is we sign a player to sign a player. We don’t sign a player to trade a player. … We signed Myles to be here,” he said.

As for how Indiana will approach the trade deadline and this offseason, Pritchard spoke in vague terms, Dopirak adds in a separate tweet. Pritchard likes the way the team has progressed and grown but adds they’ll be opportunistic if the right offer comes along.

JJJ should get better at avoiding fouls with age, but I suspect he'll always be foul-prone. Seems like it's baked into his game.

Turn Off Ads?