Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2022-23 Part 2: Everyone Scores 50

Re: NBA 2022-23 Part 2: Everyone Scores 50

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    JJJ is a Top-5 Defender in the NBA, and may easily win Defensive Player-of-the-Year.
    He’s only played 945 minutes. He’s not an All Star.

2. Likes:

Betterread (02-02-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    Here ya go, Kingspoint:
    Man, you can't read besides your memory being shot. I said, other than those two days when I was mad at the Assistant Coach for his horrible substitutions (because I'm rooting for the Kings to do well and I hated that he was blowing opportunities for the Kings), find another one. What do you do? You bring up those posts from those two days, of which I already said above that two days later I agreed that Fox was a very good Defender and that I didn't mean that post. Funny how you ignore that post.

Don't embarrass yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

That's enough.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

And regularly goes less than 30 mpg. It pumps up his stats for the per 36 minute statboys. Booker has played more minutes and I assume he didn’t make it because he is considered to have not played often enough. Double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I love Maxey, that’s why. What’s your top 5?
    1. Anthony Edwards
    2. Tyrese Haliburton
    3. LaMelo Ball
    4. Desmond Bane
    5. Maxey (but I really want to see Precious Achuiwa when/if the Raptors sell off, I like his game a lot)

Man, you can't read besides your memory being shot. I said, other than those two days when I was mad at the Assistant Coach for his horrible substitutions (because I'm rooting for the Kings to do well and I hated that he was blowing opportunities for the Kings), find another one. What do you do? You bring up those posts from those two days, of which I already said above that two days later I agreed that Fox was a very good Defender and that I didn't mean that post. Funny how you ignore that post.

Don't embarrass yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

That's enough.
    Oooh, you said all that dumb*** stuff but didn’t mean any of it. Gotcha. Totally normal.

Memphis has lost 7 of 8. They might have two all stars, but they are a level below last year. Missing Melton and Slomo. Their replacements, Williams and Roddy can’t shoot threes.

JJJ is a Top-5 Defender in the NBA, and may easily win Defensive Player-of-the-Year.
    True, but in a no-D all star game I don’t want to see JJJ, Markkanen and Adebayo standing around asking for the ball. Rather see Fox, Edwards, Trae Young running around blowing defenders up.

10. Likes:

Fil3232 (02-02-2023),Kingspoint (02-02-2023)

Nice to see Cleveland want it more after the Dillon Brooks incident.

Love that Cleveland Head Coach. He's got my vote for Coach-of-the-Year.

These are games that are in your arsenal when you are in the Eastern Conference Finals that you can refer to when you need to dig deep and find a way to win a game.
    Was at the game. Brooks is just a dirty player. NBA needs to let him think about that one for a few games.

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-03-2023),Kingspoint (02-02-2023),Redsfaithful (02-03-2023),SteelSD (02-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Was at the game. Brooks is just a dirty player. NBA needs to let him think about that one for a few games.
    WOW! What a game to attend live. Can you describe more because we just can't get the feel from a TV broadcast.

You'll have to watch the replay of the game at home and see another perspective (and listen to Miller practically give Dillon every excuse in the world when he should have been calling him out...he says in the broadcast at one point that Dillon is one of his favorite players, recalling when he did the Final Four with Dillon and the Ducks).
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-02-2023 at 11:35 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Spot on. He is the equal of Grayson Allen. Here is a clip of him punching Ant, and Ant get the tech:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT7KtC1wfrI

Shams this afternoon came onto Twitter and said, "We have breaking news! Sources tell me Portland has emerged as strong suitors for Jarred Vanderbilt. (Shams best sources are the agents, where Haynes' are the players, and Woj's are the G.M.'s). Portland is among a few teams showing interest in Jarred Vanderbilt, who's becoming increasingly likely to be dealt."

The price for Vanderbilt has always been a 1st Round pick. Because Portland only has their 2025 1st Round pick with possible conditions (the conditions fall off if Portland makes the playoffs (one of the Top-8 in the West) as an option, a more likely scenario is that they trade Josh Hart to someone to acquire a 1st Round pick that the Jazz would want. MIA would be a possibility as they've shown interest in Hart, who fits their style of play. The details can be worked out, but that would be the main components.

While it's likely that Vanderbilt comes off the bench, he could easily start at one Wing with Grant at the other providing the Defensive length POR has been looking for for years with much better Offense. It's not a coincidence that Vanderbilt has had his two best games of the season against the Blazers, hitting 3-3 from beyond the arc in the 1st Quarter of one game, and ending up with a career-high 4, while getting two in their last game they played, of which POR won (Dame scored 60 on 29 shots).

Grant could actually play the "3", his true position with Vanderbilt at the "4", a much better rebounder. They would then have three people to clean up the messes of Dame and Simons Defensively. It won't stop them (see LeBron in the last Laker game) from going ISO on his choice of one of them, but one (Simons) could be removed for Payton, if necessary.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-02-2023 at 11:49 PM.

16. Likes:

Betterread (02-02-2023)

Spot on. He is the equal of Grayson Allen. Here is a clip of him punching Ant, and Ant get the tech:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT7KtC1wfrI
    He's been dirty since his freshman year at Oregon. Of course, your Bruce Bowens' and Dillon Brooks' and Draymond Greens' do win Championships. I just hate those players.

Shams this afternoon came onto Twitter and said, "We have breaking news! Sources tell me Portland has emerged as strong suitors for Jarred Vanderbilt. (Shams best sources are the agents, where Haynes' are the players, and Woj's are the G.M.'s). Portland is among a few teams showing interest in Jarred Vanderbilt, who's becoming increasingly likely to be dealt."

The price for Vanderbilt has always been a 1st Round pick. Because Portland only has their 2025 1st Round pick with possible conditions (the conditions fall off if Portland makes the playoffs (one of the Top-8 in the West) as an option, a more likely scenario is that they trade Josh Hart to someone to acquire a 1st Round pick that the Jazz would want. MIA would be a possibility as they've shown interest in Hart, who fits their style of play. The details can be worked out, but that would be the main components.

While it's likely that Vanderbilt comes off the bench, he could easily start at one Wing with Grant at the other providing the Defensive length POR has been looking for for years with much better Offense. It's not a coincidence that Vanderbilt has had his two best games of the season against the Blazers, hitting 3-3 from beyond the arc in the 1st Quarter of one game, and ending up with a career-high 4, while getting two in their last game they played, of which POR won (Dame scored 60 on 29 shots).

Grant could actually play the "3", his true position with Vanderbilt at the "4", a much better rebounder. They would then have three people to clean up the messes of Dame and Simons Defensively.
    Vanderbilt is awesome. But he’s not a 4. That’s been tried and hasn’t worked. Vanderbilt is not a shot blocker. He’s actually a pretty good perimeter defender, despite his size. He’s a special athlete. And Grant can’t defend at any position.
    I would try to get Dorian Finney smith in a straight trade for Grant.
    Last edited by Betterread; 02-02-2023 at 11:54 PM.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-08-2023)

For the record, I would have voted Fox and Sabonis into the All-Star Game, and Jeremi Grant, too.

In an All-Star Game, the top-15 scorers in the league should all get in. There's what, 30 spots?

That's currently...

Embiid
    Doncic
    Giannis
    Tatum
    SGA
    Dame
    Steph
    Durant
    Mitchell
    Ja
    Kyrie
    Trae
    Brown
    DeRozen

This year, because the scoring is so much higher, I'd go Top-20, so add,...

Jokic
    Edwards
    Markkanen
    Siakam
    Randle

That leaves 10 spots (unless there's more) to find the outliers...

Fox at #21
    Brunson at #23
    Butler at #24
    Dejounte at #36
    Haliburton at #42
    Jrue at #47
    Sabonis at #49

That still leaves 3, and I'd give one to Grant and one to PG and one to Bridges. No Pelicans on the team. Don't think anyone has been an All-Star on that team. I have 14 from the West and 16 from the East.

I forgot James. Guess I'll have to let Grant go.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-03-2023 at 12:03 AM.

Vanderbilt is awesome. But he’s not a 4. That’s been tried and hasn’t worked. Vanderbilt is not a shot blocker. He’s actually a pretty good perimeter defender, despite his size. He’s a special athlete. And Grant can’t defend at any position.
    I would try to get Dorian Finney smith in a straight trade for Grant.
    Grant has been asked to guard Point at crucial times, so that job would fall to Payton or Vanderbilt. The elephants in the room are Chauncey and Simons, so none of it could matter a whole heck of a lot.

Acquiring Vanderbilt AND another backup Center to help Eubanks when Nurk or Drew are in foul trouble or missing games is probably the best POR can do at the trade deadline. Any bigger move will have to take place this Summer, of which one probably will take place.

Grant's a perfect fit here. He's not going anywhere. We'll have to outbid others if he doesn't sign the 4-year extension and hits FA. He's having the best year of his career.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-03-2023 at 12:21 AM.

Turn Off Ads?