Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2022-23 Part 2: Everyone Scores 50

Re: NBA 2022-23 Part 2: Everyone Scores 50

In his last 10, Josh Giddey's gone 18/8/6 on 49% shooting and 40% from distance.

Overall, he's taken a massive jump as a 20-year-old this season.

He's been good enough to keep defenses honest-- and a great secondary passer behind SGA.

They still need at least a couple more interesting guys, but that OKC team is interesting.

2. Likes:

M2 (01-14-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Because he plays defense and the officials wouldn't let anyone on the Sixers do that last night. That caused wonky rotation adjustments and, after the Sixers took the lead in the third quarter, poor player mixes offensively, finishing the quarter in disastrous fashion. Any contact initiated by OKC was instantly called as a foul against Philly. Tyrese Maxey was called for a foul for, literally, nothing more than having his body between SGA and the lane. This happened constantly, regardless of the player. Embiid was able to play only 28 minutes, the Thunder put their Idiots Chucking Threes (TM) into action early, and when they cooled off, they could just drive to the rim with abandon, knowing that if they didn't hit a shot, they'd be given a free pass to the line.
    You know there's a rule that you can't have your body between SGA and the lane. It's written somewhere.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Before the CAVS' game, I told my Spouse that I had never seen Dame so dejected as he did coming off the floor in the loss to Orlando. He had already been trying to up his aggressiveness some in the last few games and I mentioned to her that he was going to take at least 14 "3"'s tonight, come out aggessive early and try to win this as best that he can, and that it probably won't matter. It's sad to watch Billups coach this team. It's everyone's fault but his, according to Chauncey. Dame scored 25 in each half, retwisted his ankle badly 2 minutes into the game, and they still had no chance to win that game. They should get swept by DAL these next two games. I don't know of any team they can beat in the league right now. Houston, maybe, where the entire team, except for Jabari Smith and Kenyon Martin, has given up.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Since Jalen Brunson returned on 1/2/2022 the Knicks have gone 5-1.

In their 1 loss to Milwaukee he took over late and scored 18 pts in the 4Q to keep the Knicks in it until the very end. He scored 15 of the Knicks last 16 points.

His stats over the last 6 games:

33.3 PPG / 6 APG / 5.6 RPG / FG 52% / 3P 50% / FT 80%

He's also a perfect 26/26 from the stripe over his last 3.

This is why I picked him as my choice for MIP.
    Still blows my mind how Cuban let him get away...probably a bigger mistake than letting Nash walk. Dallas mid way through the year could have offered 4 for 55 and according to his dad they would have jumped on it...

If Dallas signs Brunson they would easily be the faves to get back to the Western Conf Championship...instead Dallas is left scrambling to find someone to pair with Luka.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-14-2023),Rojo Rijo (01-17-2023)

Nikola Vucevic with a 43-12 in a lopsided win over the Warriors. Golden State needs to fix whatever is causing it to be trash on the road. Meanwhile Chicago needs to stop having spare good games and do this more consistently. They're still on my buyers list because they don't hold their 1st round pick this summer. They've got nothing to tank for unless somebody offers a treasure trove for Vuce.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Josh Giddey with a 28-9-9 in a win at Brooklyn tonight. The Thunder have now won on the road against the entire Acela corridor.

Today's All-Star contender: Julius Randle
    Position: PF

Case for:
    PPG 24.1

RPG: 10.4

A: 3.8

Comment:
    Randle's a 'tweener. In the East, Giannis, Durant, Tatum, and Siakam are all deserving, but Giannis is a point forward, Tatum's more of a wing player, and Siakam plays center as much as he plays PF. Randle is the best pure PF of the bunch, but he doesn't shoot well, and his defense is spotty. Not sure if he's got the juice to make a second All-Star team off the bat, though he might make it after a couple of guys beg out due to injury or workload. He went for 42 today, and the Knicks are six games over .500 and the six seed. They'll get somebody in, surely.

What say you, RedsZone? All-Star or no?

11. Likes:

M2 (01-15-2023)

Randle is an easy yes for me. He's having a fantastic season and he's been the best player on a team that's currently 6th in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Josh Giddey with a 28-9-9 in a win at Brooklyn tonight. The Thunder have now won on the road against the entire Acela corridor.
    Giddey's on a mini-tear.

Not sure he's a #2 guy on a playoff team, but he's only 20. Big-time improvement.

So far today we've got Jayson Tatum with 51 in a (predictable) win over the Hornets. We don't make enough fun of Charlotte. In the 18 seasons since they were reborn as the Bobcats, they've been to the playoffs 3 times. This will be their 7th straight season finishing out of the playoffs. They have only 4 winning seasons in that 18-year stretch and they haven't won more than 50 during that time. All three of their playoff appearances were quick first round exits. They might be the worst franchise ever.

Golden State won a road game (at Washington, so not exactly a high bar). Steph went off for 41 and Poole had 32.

Cleveland had a big 4th quarter to best the Pelicans. Garland went 30-6-11. Spida only played 22 minutes and wasn't in foul trouble. Did he get injured?

Milwaukee (without Giannis) beat the Pacers behind a 35-4-11 from Jrue Holiday. The Pacers have yet to win without Haliburton.

Toronto went on the road and beat the Knicks at MSG. It's a reminder that no matter what kind of streak the Knicks have been on, they're are always on the cusp of going on a streak in the opposite direction.

Atlanta beat the Heat. AJ Griffin led the team with a +9 off the bench. Really looks like the Hawks got themselves a steal with him.

Ant's been heeding my call to take over and pocket wins of late. The Wolves will surge into a tie for 6th in the West if they can beat the Jazz (though Utah just took a 4-point lead with 84 seconds left). P.S. - The Jazz eked out a 1-point win. That team is a tough night for anyone.

The Lakers play Houston in a bit. I assume L.A. will win that (they're at home, Houston is terrible). However, if they lose it should be a white flag moment.
    Last edited by M2; 01-16-2023 at 06:26 PM.

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-17-2023)

Garland scored 30 points and Jarrett Allen added 24 as the Cleveland Cavaliers rallied in the fourth quarter with star Donovan Mitchell injured on the bench and beat the road-weary New Orleans Pelicans 113-103. Mitchell scored 11 points in 22 minutes before sitting out the fourth with what the team called a strained left groin. Cavs coach J.B. Bickerstaff did not provide any specifics on Mitchell's injury or its severity.

17. Likes:

M2 (01-16-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Today's All-Star contender: Julius Randle
    Position: PF

Case for:
    PPG 24.1

RPG: 10.4

A: 3.8

Comment:
    Randle's a 'tweener. In the East, Giannis, Durant, Tatum, and Siakam are all deserving, but Giannis is a point forward, Tatum's more of a wing player, and Siakam plays center as much as he plays PF. Randle is the best pure PF of the bunch, but he doesn't shoot well, and his defense is spotty. Not sure if he's got the juice to make a second All-Star team off the bat, though he might make it after a couple of guys beg out due to injury or workload. He went for 42 today, and the Knicks are six games over .500 and the six seed. They'll get somebody in, surely.

What say you, RedsZone? All-Star or no?
    No way. His defense is desultory, and without intelligence. Like most UK players, he was a prodigy that never learned key aspects to team play and plays for money and stats. If he wants to win, he should get 25 -30 minutes as a 6th man type on a talent laden team.
    If he wants to be #1 or #2, he will never win.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    No way. His defense is desultory, and without intelligence. Like most UK players, he was a prodigy that never learned key aspects to team play and plays for money and stats. If he wants to win, he should get 25 -30 minutes as a 6th man type on a talent laden team.
    If he wants to be #1 or #2, he will never win.
    My goodness, this take is positively scorching. Not only is Randle not an All-Star, he needs to be a 6th man moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    My goodness, this take is positively scorching. Not only is Randle not an All-Star, he needs to be a 6th man moving forward?
    No. Randle is a starter for most teams. But if he wants to win a championship, it won’t be as a #1 or #2, jacking up 20-25 shots a game. KAT is a better shooter, but otherwise a similiar profile. Tell me what former UK player is known for good defense, effective shooing and low turnovers?
    But I do think there are A LOT of starters in the NBA that don’t play winning basketball and should give up 5-10 minutes a game to bench guys who could be A LOT more effective and help their teams win.
    The reason it doesn’t happen? NBA and NBA refs believe the NBA is a “superstar” league. “Superstars” get privileges (free travels, clumsiness gets rewarded with free throws) other players don’t. If the refereeing were better, the depth of talent in the league would be revealed.
    Last edited by Betterread; 01-17-2023 at 06:15 AM.

21. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-17-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    No. Randle is a starter for most teams. But if he wants to win a championship, it won’t be as a #1 or #2, jacking up 20-25 shots a game. KAT is a better shooter, but otherwise a similiar profile. Tell me what former UK player is known for good defense, effective shooing and low turnovers?
    But I do think there are A LOT of starters in the NBA that don’t play winning basketball and should give up 5-10 minutes a game to bench guys who could be A LOT more effective and help their teams win.
    The reason it doesn’t happen? NBA and NBA refs believe the NBA is a “superstar” league. “Superstars” get privileges (free travels, clumsiness gets rewarded with free throws) other players don’t. If the refereeing were better, the depth of talent in the league would be revealed.
    Another good night for Kyle Anderson. Anderson is one of those players who can help you win a playoff series.

When is KAT due back? Can he get back before Gobert gets over re-aggravating his injury?

23. Likes:

Betterread (01-17-2023)

Turn Off Ads?