Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 NFL Draft Thread

Re: 2023 NFL Draft Thread

Bryce Young measure in a hair above 5 ft 10 and 204...the 204 is a surprise though. If I am a team I would wonder if he could hold that through a season.

In other news Levis is going to throw at the combine...good move for him I wasn't sold on Herbert until I saw him at the combine.
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 03-04-2023 at 12:46 PM.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Anthony Richardson putting on a freak show in the measureables !!
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

March 4th, 2023 at 12:53pm CST by Ely Allen

Here are a few other rumors from this year’s upcoming draft:

Due to what is perceived to be a lack of safety depth in this year’s draft, the market for second-tier free agent safeties is expected to heat up when free agency opens, according to Tony Pauline of Pro Football Network. There’s an opinion that after the top three draft prospects at the position, which include Illinois’s Sydney Brown, Georgia’s Chris Smith, and the draft’s only expected first-round safety Brian Branch from Alabama, there is a large drop off in safety talent. This should result in more fervent bidding for free agent safeties who otherwise would’ve been looking at average contracts behind the top-tier earners at the position. While top free agent safeties like Jessie Bates and Jordan Poyer will be searching for top money, players like Eric Rowe, A.J. Moore, J.T. Gray, and Lamarcus Joyner should expect to compete for higher contracts than they would have if competing with a deeper draft class.

Contributing to the lack of depth at the position, Boise State safety JL Skinner was unable to perform at the Combine this week due to a torn pectoral muscle, according to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network. Skinner is currently projected as a Day 2 draft pick but could have improved his draft stock even more with a strong performance at the Combine, which many expected he would do. He still met with teams, but Skinner was not able to participate in any drills with the other defensive backs. He’ll have surgery next week.

Bell isn't mentioned, but there's probably several Safeties in the 2nd Tier and 3rd Tier not mentioned, and one or two of those mentioned may be the 3rd Tier, not the 2nd Tier.

For Bengals' fans, Bates is gone. He's going to get paid well. Bell, may be gone, too. Like Tobin said, they are going to have to wait to see what the market dictates, including with Pratt, whom I believe, won't get as much as he thinks he'll get (only had one good year, while basically being just a 2-down LB). Pratt is the easiest to replace and for far less money than he'll likely receive. I'd rather pay Bobby Wagner less for one-year than pay Pratt more for several years. There's so many options at LB to the team, that Pratt isn't really a concern. Bell is the biggest issue and they'll be monitoring that closely.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-04-2023)

All the top QBs going in the top 10…Stroud, and Richardson about to go nuclear.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Lot of talented TE's on show today. Darnell Washington, Sam LaPorta, and Brenton Strange all stood out. Here's a nice one-handed grab by Washington:

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

If the NFL doesn't work out for Dawand Jones perhaps WWE

His measurements are off the chart:

Dawand Jones
    11 5/8 hand
    36 3/8 arm
    87 7/8 wing

Panthers just traded for the no 1 pick:

In return, Chicago will get wide receiver DJ Moore; the Panthers' first-round pick, No. 9 overall; the 61st pick; another first-rounder in 2024 and a second-rounder in 2025.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Are the Panthers after Richardson? I've heard Cam Newton comps.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    The word I'm hearing is CJ Stroud is their guy.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Don’t know why they would trade up to 1 for Richardson
    What would you say.....ya do here?

They were high on Levis last year (as a UK fan, don’t know why) but I can’t imagine trading up to 1 if he’s widely projected now to be the 4th QB taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

From what the Athletic said the Panthers will focus on 2 possible options (say Young and CJ) and hope the Texans get nervous and want to move up 1 so they don't lose their guy.

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Don’t know why they would trade up to 1 for Richardson
    They traded up to #1 so they could have their choice. They a month to evalute everyone, and should they find more than one good enough to draft, they could trade that #1 pick down and recoup some of the picks they traded away, still getting a player that they covet for a QB. Indy is at #4 and HOU is at #2. Both would have to pay at least a 1st Rd, or more to trade up to get someone they covet. By making this deal so early, they have a lot of options, including the most important, more time to evaluate all of the options while entertaining offers from teams looking to take the player they are higher on than the Panthers might be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    From what the Athletic said the Panthers will focus on 2 possible options (say Young and CJ) and hope the Texans get nervous and want to move up 1 so they don't lose their guy.
    Colts are definitely in on this.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-17-2023)

Restructure Details: Bolts, Bucs, Bills, Jets

March 11th, 2023 at 2:09pm CST by Sam Robinson

Teams continue to be aggressive in creating cap space ahead of Wednesday’s start to the 2023 league year, when franchises must be in compliance with the new $224.8MM salary cap. Here are the latest moves teams made to get there:

Reasonable Chargers activity in free agency should be expected. The team that began the week well over the cap has now created more than $40MM in space over the past couple of days. Following the moves to restructure Keenan Allen and Mike Williams‘ contracts, Field Yates of ESPN.com tweets the team created $25.99MM by tweaking Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack‘s deals. Mack’s 2023 cap number drops by $10.8MM, while OverTheCap’s Jason Fitzgerald adds Bosa’s drops by $15.2MM. Bosa’s 2024 number ballooned to $36.6MM because of the move. That will, then, necessitate more maneuvering down the line. The Bosa, Mack, Allen and Williams moves have created a total of $40.37MM in space, Lindsey Thiry of ESPN.com tweets. They are now more than $19MM under the cap.

In completing four restructures, the Buccaneers have now created more than $44MM in cap space. They redid the deals of Vita Vea, Chris Godwin, Ryan Jensen and Carlton Davis, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports. The Bucs have moved to being barely $5MM over the cap, after beginning March at nearly $60MM north of the salary ceiling. Cuts of Leonard Fournette, Cameron Brate and Donovan Smith have helped the team along the way as well. That said, Fournette and Brate cannot be released until after the start of the league year, Greg Auman of Fox Sports notes (on Twitter). The Bucs being unable to realize those savings until after 3pm Wednesday will force them to find a few other ways to create that space.

The Jets adjusted the deals of Laken Tomlinson, D.J. Reed and Tyler Conklin — all free agency additions from 2022 — to create $15.2MM in cap space, Yates tweets. Still working to land Aaron Rodgers, the Jets are now $11.5MM under the cap.

The Raiders are among the leaders in cap space, but Yates tweets they adjusted Maxx Crosby‘s deal to create $7.5MM in additional funds. Las Vegas holds more than $43MM in cap space, sitting third overall ahead of free agency.

Bills defensive tackle Tim Settle agreed to a $600K pay cut for 2023, Yates adds (on Twitter). The 2022 free agency addition still has $2.1MM in guaranteed money for 2023, with the Buffalo News’ Ryan O’Halloran adding Settle can earn up to $4.41MM this year via incentives. The Bills are moving closer to the deadline with a lot of work left ahead; they are more than $19MM over the cap.

The Vikings and swing backup O-lineman Chris Reed agreed to a renegotiated deal that trims his cap number by around $1MM, per Yates. Minnesota still has work to do ahead of the cap-compliance deadline, sitting more than $7MM over the cap.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I did a mock draft this morning. Usually I just toss them, but I ran one this morning that I think exemplifies what will happen between now and draft day.

Trades:
    NYJ gets:
    OT Jonah Williams

CIN gets:
    #74 pick
    -----------------------
    LVR gets:
    #28 pick

CIN gets:
    #38 pick
    #70 pick

===============

2.038 TE Luke Musgrave
    2.060 SA Sydney Brown
    2.070 CB Eli Ricks
    2.074 RB Devon Achane
    2.092 OT Tyler Steen
    2.131 DT Kobie Turner
    2.164 TE Davis Allen
    2.205 WR Ronnie Bell
    2.247 CB Darrell Luter Jr
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?