Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody going to Reds Caravan and can ask a question?

Re: Anybody going to Reds Caravan and can ask a question?

They could have paid some former Reds to show up, at least for the autograph enthusiast.

Casey, Dunn, Kearns....

2. Likes:

757690 (01-23-2023),Ron Madden (01-19-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I think Nick Northcut is going because he’s already in town.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

This is the kind of stuff the Reds do to allow them to stop doing this all together. They will convince themselves that it isn't cost effective because no one shows up never admitting or worse not realizing that no one shows up because they literally have no one going to be there that anyone cares about driving 2 minutes to see. It's like Phil complaining about the Reds having no money but the reason they have no money is no one wants to go to the games or watch on TV because they are throwing a bunch of garbage out there to watch play. I think I am more upset about this team this winter than I have been in all the years of losing. They aren't even trying to pretend to be trying now.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (01-20-2023),WrongVerb (01-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    This is the kind of stuff the Reds do to allow them to stop doing this all together. They will convince themselves that it isn't cost effective because no one shows up never admitting or worse not realizing that no one shows up because they literally have no one going to be there that anyone cares about driving 2 minutes to see. It's like Phil complaining about the Reds having no money but the reason they have no money is no one wants to go to the games or watch on TV because they are throwing a bunch of garbage out there to watch play. I think I am more upset about this team this winter than I have been in all the years of losing. They aren't even trying to pretend to be trying now.
    I am sorry I do NOT believe they have no money garbage they are spewing.. MLB made 10.8 billion revenue that's 360 million per team (NO TEAM will take a smaller cut of that pie and allow that to happen) If Anyone from the board can go and really hammer them about this lie and if they deny, ask them to open the Books and show your proof your getting less money. Also ask them what team in history has ever won anything with just drafting players and NOT adding from the outside when you know your teams weakness that the draft didnt fix? Ask them how alienating your fanbase with Phils comments and his power point showing 75% are out of it by opening day sells tickets, and only angers the fan base..

IF i was in town , I Would do this.. I am deployed helping the military and cant be there. Please somebody hammer them for all Reds fans..

Thank you

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybr...h=bd5be1277ee1

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    They could have paid...

Hahahahaha
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I think Nick Northcut is going because he’s already in town.
    I had thought he was included bc he's from Mason, then I saw he was being sent to WV and KY which seems weird.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I had thought he was included bc he's from Mason, then I saw he was being sent to WV and KY which seems weird.
    It’s the Reds Way.

And I doubt any question asked at one of these events will generate much controversy. Krall and company are not total idiots and will answer in a politically correct way.

11. Likes:

Chip R (01-20-2023),mth123 (01-20-2023),Revering4Blue (01-20-2023)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Reds caravan kicked off from the GABP clubhouse today.

Jose Barrero answered some questions in English during the Q&A and media interviews, something he’s worked hard to do. Really cool to see.

https://twitter.com/Reds/status/1617...C-_evu4vIsAAAA
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 01-23-2023 at 12:52 PM.

13. Likes:

757690 (01-23-2023),NebraskaRed (01-23-2023)

Reds Caravan connects club's bright future with encouraging present

Before setting out, the Reds held a Caravan kickoff event inside the home clubhouse at Great American Ball Park where more than 100 fans -- all season-ticket holders -- attended. They were able to take pictures, get autographs and talk to Bell, Krall, shortstop Jose Barrero and outfield prospect Austin Hendrick. Former pitcher Bronson Arroyo also was on hand, but he isn't going on the road.

While the fans in the room seemed upbeat, Krall realizes there has been lingering fan frustration overall. As Spring Training opened last year, the Reds cut payroll and traded several star players, including Jesse Winker, Eugenio Suárez and Sonny Gray. More players departed around last summer's Trade Deadline, such as Luis Castillo, Tyler Mahle and Brandon Drury.

“This is only the second year we’ve actually been in [a rebuild]," Krall said. "We made the playoffs in 2020. In the new format, we would have made the playoffs in '21 and we were in it until the end. Obviously, we tore it down. We traded some players off last year. It’s something we need to go through. We’re trying to build it back up.”

Currently in the final season of his two-year contract, Bell can only focus on the present and on trying to get the most out of the roster he's given.

"We all have to be the best we can be, but when that happens and things start going right, you start building momentum, amazing things can happen with a team. I’ve seen it. That’s our goal is to do everything we can to help our team come together. We have a lot of work to do in Spring Training."
    Story Here:
    https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/2023-r...ects-forefront

Cincinnati Reds sell vision for rebuild, 2023 season as they begin caravan tour

The Cincinnati Reds kicked off their reformatted caravan tour Monday, the first time they’ve held the event in the last three years because of a pandemic and a lockout, and they’re selling a much different vision for the organization than they did in 2020.

The last time the Reds traveled around Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia and Tennessee, they were talking up their free agent signings and how they expected a six-year playoff drought to come to an end. Mike Moustakas was the most prominent player on the caravan after signing a four-year, $64 million contract. Nick Castellanos would join the roster a couple of weeks later.

It’s a much tougher sell this week.

One of the purposes of the caravan is generating excitement for the upcoming season and the Reds are coming off a 100-loss season. They’re projected to remain one of the worst teams in the league. Either Jose Barrero or TJ Friedl is the most accomplished Reds player on this year’s caravan.

Sustainability has been the buzzword throughout the organization since the Reds traded away almost all their veteran players for prospects. They made the playoffs and 2021.

Now it’s a hard reset.

“This is where we are, and this is who we are. We’ve got to build sustainability to have success here.” General Manager Nick Krall said.

“There is a lot that we know about our team that we’re excited about,” Reds Manager David Bell said. “A lot has to come together. We all have to be the best we can be, but when that happens and things start going right, you start building momentum, amazing things can happen with a team. I’ve seen it.”

The key, Bell said, will be what the team can accomplish during spring training.

There is some correlation between last year’s 3-22 start and the Reds trading key players from their roster during camp because of the timing of the lockout.

“We have a lot of work to do in spring training,” Bell said. “We want Opening Day to feel like midseason. It’s always important to get off to a good start, but I think for us, what we went through last year, it’s even more important.”

Read More
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...ur/ar-AA16EEfd
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 01-23-2023 at 03:21 PM.

Krall bragging about making the playoffs in 2020 just furthers my belief that every stat, every record, every everything about that season should just be forgotten about.

17. Likes:

757690 (01-25-2023),Crumbley (01-28-2023),cumberlandreds (01-23-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Krall bragging about making the playoffs in 2020 just furthers my belief that every stat, every record, every everything about that season should just be forgotten about.
    2020 was a glorified exhibition season. I'm OK with counting stats -- like hits, HR's, and K's -- counting toward players' career totals, but season statistics and awards mean less than nothing.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

19. Likes:

757690 (01-25-2023),mth123 (01-23-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Story Here:
    Wow more than 100 fans showed up.. Has to send a message when 1000 doesnt show up...

21. Likes:

Ron Madden (01-24-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Story Here:
    “This is only the second year we’ve actually been in [a rebuild]”.

Sorry, Nick, but i can’t erase from memory the second half of the last decade. Which decade ended just three seasons ago. That may be ancient history to you, but it’s pretty fresh in the minds of most Reds fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    Wow more than 100 fans showed up.. Has to send a message when 1000 doesnt show up...
    I noticed that. I’ve hosted corporate meetings with more attendees than that.

24. Likes:

Chip R (01-24-2023),Ron Madden (01-24-2023)

Turn Off Ads?