Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Sign Luke Weaver

Re: Reds Sign Luke Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    A $2M guaranteed major league contract is kind of surprising for a guy who was on waivers last year and then pitched so poorly after being claimed.
    I'm sure there's not many players that WANT to come to Cincy on a 2 million dollar contract. We have got to be one of the least attractive destinations now. And we are super cheap.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Likes:

mth123 (01-14-2023),Revering4Blue (01-14-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

What are the odds the Reds hope the casual fan thinks this is either Jeff or Jared Weaver?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

Crumbley (01-20-2023),Old school 1983 (01-15-2023),Patrick Bateman (01-16-2023),Revering4Blue (01-14-2023),Tom Servo (01-16-2023)

The odds say last place is going to be sewn up by opening day, per Phil 75% of the teams are out of it by opening day.. yeah sure going to rush to waste my hard earned money see a team fail and Bob get richer by being cheap..NOT, the Pirates are at least attempting to stay away from 100 losses. Not Bob's Reds!

I will take Weaver at $2M vs. Minor at $10M.
    Would have rather signed Cueto, but, get it. It is where we are for 2023. A step forward in 2023 from Greene, Lodolo, Ashcraft, and other young pitchers. As well as another year for some of the young bats to develop and for Votto & Moose's salaries to come off the books. 2024 and beyond should look way different for this franchise. If not, we have a very different problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What are the odds the Reds hope the casual fan thinks this is either Jeff or Jared Weaver?
    I was hoping for Dennis Weaver.

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-17-2023),Kingspoint (01-16-2023),NC Reds (01-16-2023),RedTeamGo! (01-15-2023),SomeCallMeTim (01-15-2023)

They call me "chef"

Is it possible he can be as good as another legendary Reds Luke (Hudson)?

11. Likes:

Tom Servo (01-16-2023)

i like it.

now get one more vet starter at roughly the same price (someone who could be a swingman as a 4/5th starter or a reliever) and get a true reliever at roughly the same price. asking them to add $4M more doesn't sound like a huge ask at this point, and if they do it, the reds could be semi-interesting this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty and Joe View Post
    I will take Weaver at $2M vs. Minor at $10M.
    Would have rather signed Cueto, but, get it. It is where we are for 2023. A step forward in 2023 from Greene, Lodolo, Ashcraft, and other young pitchers. As well as another year for some of the young bats to develop and for Votto & Moose's salaries to come off the books. 2024 and beyond should look way different for this franchise. If not, we have a very different problem.
    Moose and Votto’s contracts off the books just means more money for Phil to blow on beer and those really big sub sandwiches you can buy, the 24 footers.

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    Moose and Votto’s contracts off the books just means more money for Phil to blow on beer and those really big sub sandwiches you can buy, the 24 footers.
    now *that* is a party sub

we're gonna need a bigger boat

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post

I watched Duel a few years ago, the first non-TV movie that Spielberg did.

It rules. Weaver ruled in it. And of course the truck ruled too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

16. Likes:

Big Klu (01-15-2023),cumberlandreds (01-17-2023),NC Reds (01-16-2023),Revering4Blue (01-15-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post

"There 'ya go."
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    I watched Duel a few years ago, the first non-TV movie that Spielberg did.

It rules. Weaver ruled in it. And of course the truck ruled too.
    Me and the wife watched that movie not too long ago. It was really good.

Dennis Weaver also played Chester on the early Gunsmoke shows.

Back to the question at hand, This Weaver sounds an awful like Mike Minor. Count on a loss every five days with him in the rotation.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Me and the wife watched that movie not too long ago. It was really good.

Dennis Weaver also played Chester on the early Gunsmoke shows.

Back to the question at hand, This Weaver sounds an awful like Mike Minor. Count on a loss every five days with him in the rotation.
    I think you could be right, but he still sounds better than Justin Dunn.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think you could be right, but he still sounds better than Justin Dunn.
    I thought Dunn could be a serviceable middle reliever. Maybe? Not a starter though. But Minor had nothing and this Weaver sounds about the same.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

They have to get through a 162 game season without ruining the decent pitchers they do have. I think Weaver can give them 5 innings per start with an ERA in the 4.50 to 4.75 range. The Reds have no one else in house other than Greene, Lodolo and Ashcraft that I think is capable of doing that in 2023. He's not the kind of guy I'd seek out for my rotation, but he's still an upgrade to the alternatives.

I think Dunn is a 6 ERA waiting to happen. My hope is that he pitches zero innings for the Reds this year. I thought he should have been non-tendered.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

22. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-17-2023)

Turn Off Ads?