Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Castellini Has Gotta Go!

Re: Phil Castellini Has Gotta Go!

If only there was something Phil could do about improving the Reds preseason playoff odds...

2. Likes:

REDREAD (01-18-2023),Ron Madden (01-14-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

This is so depressing.

Fans deserve better.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (01-18-2023),Ron Madden (01-14-2023)

7. Likes:

REDREAD (01-18-2023)

Phil gives new meaning to the word, buffoon.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (01-18-2023),Ron Madden (01-15-2023)

Phil and his dad need to go - I could (as we all could) write pages about their incompetence, arrogance and flat out grift of the fans, partners, and other teams in the league but I won't bore all of you because you all know what Phil is.

I don't know if he has a substance abuse problem or is just so sure of himself that he's a buffoon. In either case, the remaining partners of the team need to tell his father that if he goes to the corporate offices in Cincinnati or Arizona, they will do all they can to depose the family from their role as managing partners. And not because the Reds are terrible, but PHIL IS EMBARRASSING THE ORGANIZATION.

Non-Profits are not what Phil thinks they are. Further, without showing the books publicly his statement means nothing. And non-profits aren't cheap just because they are non-profits. It doesn't mean what Phil thinks it means. For someone who claims to be a businessman and has a college education, he sure is stupid.

I really dislike Phil Castellini. I think we've seen enough to say this doesn't end well for him.

I wonder where he's gonna go?
    Where we gonna go?

11. Likes:

757690 (01-14-2023),Red Raindog (01-15-2023),REDREAD (01-18-2023),Tuff Nut (01-15-2023)

Generational wealth means never having to learn anything.

Nutting has been doing the same thing with the Pirates for way longer.

It's hard not to think Phil is killing the franchise on purpose. Probably thinks he can move the team to Nashville or whatever.

It's either that, or he's really really stupid.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

13. Likes:

nmculbreth (01-15-2023),REDREAD (01-18-2023)

He's such an entitled arrogant fool. He's the epitome of being born on third base. I know it's harsh to say, but I literally hate him for what his greedy arse is doing to my favorite team. We could never get everybody in step, but the fans need to stay away from GABP in droves. Also, don't buy any Reds merchandise. It might be hard, and I don't know if it'll affect anything, but we've got to do something to get this idiot to sell the Reds.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (01-18-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Generational wealth means never having to learn anything.

Nutting has been doing the same thing with the Pirates for way longer.

It's hard not to think Phil is killing the franchise on purpose. Probably thinks he can move the team to Nashville or whatever.

It's either that, or he's really really stupid.
    I think we can all agree he is a stupid, arrogant prick.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

They call me "chef"

There are people who live in a bubble unencumbered by consequence or reality. And sometimes those people step out into the real world and interact with real people and things like today happen.

18. Likes:

fondfoat (01-20-2023),NDRed (01-16-2023),Red Raindog (01-15-2023),Redsfaithful (01-14-2023),UKWhoDey (02-16-2023)

Won’t see a dime of my money until the team is sold
    What would you say.....ya do here?

20. Likes:

REDREAD (01-18-2023),Redsfaithful (01-14-2023),wally post (01-15-2023)

Industry in crisis… he knows we have the internet, right? It’s available to the public now… people can check on that.

Seems to me that the industry is making money hand-over-fist. Yet the Castellini’s can’t seem to turn a profit. Either they’re lying or they’re incredibly bad business men.

My money says both.

22. Likes:

REDREAD (01-18-2023)

He's to Reds marketing what sharks, quicksand, earthquakes and plane crashes were to films in the 70's, a disaster

24. Likes:

REDREAD (01-18-2023),Revering4Blue (01-14-2023),Wonderful Monds (01-15-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    Industry in crisis… he knows we have the internet, right? It’s available to the public now… people can check on that.

Seems to me that the industry is making money hand-over-fist. Yet the Castellini’s can’t seem to turn a profit. Either they’re lying or they’re incredibly bad business men.

My money says both.
    I’m telling you, this is garden-variety corporatespeak. And soooo many people just nod and agree.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

26. Likes:

REDREAD (01-18-2023)

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Unfortunately that is part of the problem...

No one else has picked this story up...Reds beat writers are pretty much not covering it. Unfortunately that has been an issue for years...guys like Cast getting a free pass from local media.
    C. Trent’s on it:

C. Trent Rosecrans

@ctrent
    Anyone who was at the Rosie Reds luncheon today and wants to discuss it, I’d love to hear from you. DMs are open. Thank you
    7:57 PM · Jan 14, 2023

They call me "chef"

I feel sorry for the junior marketing person to whom he yell-dictated the PowerPoint content and is surely now blaming all of this on.

Turn Off Ads?