Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022/2023 NFL Season - Playoffs Thread

Re: 2022/2023 NFL Season - Playoffs Thread

If I were a Bengals fan I'd be furious. Completely jobbed. Yeah they couldve made plays here and there but that shouldnt discount how awful the game was called by the zebras.

I can't believe im saying this but I hope Philadelphia wins. It's impossible to ignore the treatment Mahomes gets from the league. The whole ankle thing to me is in the same realm as Schillings bloody sock. It's a real injury but clearly nowhere near what the media has made it out to be, like he's out there throwing TDs on a knee scooter. It was so bad last week with Chris Collinsworth all but declaring his undying love for Mahomes, calling incomplete passes "incredible plays" and then turning around and calling a great 60-yard bomb from Lawrence an "overthrow".

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-30-2023),The Operator (01-31-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    It's not fair because of how great he's been, but this Super Bowl is lowkey important for Mahomes' narrative. If they lose, he'll have hosted five AFC Championship Games with "only" one Super Bowl win to show for it. If he wins, the narrative becomes the number of great QBs he has in his sights to catch in regards to rings.
    I was thinking this today Mahomes would end up in that Rodgers/Favre wing of elite quarterbacks that ended up with or may end up with 1 ring. Which would be disappointing for sure, and a narrative I could see the media running with.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

With Burrow and Allen out there, maybe Jackson catching playoff fire some year (assuming he's still in the AFC), and Lawrence coming into his own, Mahomes needs to take full advantage of every shot he gets. It's going to be tough in the AFC for the forseeable future.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    With Burrow and Allen out there, maybe Jackson catching playoff fire some year (assuming he's still in the AFC), and Lawrence coming into his own, Mahomes needs to take full advantage of every shot he gets. It's going to be tough in the AFC for the forseeable future.
    I think it was mentioned yesterday that Mahomes is younger (or the exact same age) as Peyton was when he won his first playoff game. Mahomes already has HOF credentials.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I think it was mentioned yesterday that Mahomes is younger (or the exact same age) as Peyton was when he won his first playoff game. Mahomes already has HOF credentials.
    Kurt Warner tweeted the other day that he was older than Mahomes is now when Warner started his first NFL game.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-30-2023),Revering4Blue (02-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    If I were a Bengals fan I'd be furious. Completely jobbed. Yeah they couldve made plays here and there but that shouldnt discount how awful the game was called by the zebras.

I can't believe im saying this but I hope Philadelphia wins. It's impossible to ignore the treatment Mahomes gets from the league. The whole ankle thing to me is in the same realm as Schillings bloody sock. It's a real injury but clearly nowhere near what the media has made it out to be, like he's out there throwing TDs on a knee scooter. It was so bad last week with Chris Collinsworth all but declaring his undying love for Mahomes, calling incomplete passes "incredible plays" and then turning around and calling a great 60-yard bomb from Lawrence an "overthrow".
    Like Taylor said in his presser on Thursday when asked if reads the injury reports,..."Sure, but I take it with a grain of salt".
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Mahomes was pretty clearly banged up. He wasn't particularly mobile out there. With two weeks, he should be much better in the Super Bowl. But it won't really matter unless some of his receivers heal up as well. They were scraping the bottom of the barrel of their roster at the end of the game last night. If that game had gone to OT, I really don't know how the Chiefs would have been able to score.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Hopefully the AFC West gets better with Herbert and Wilson Mahomes for his career is 25-3 vs the West which is why the AFC Championship is the Kansas City Invitational...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-30-2023),oregonred (01-30-2023),Revering4Blue (02-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Hopefully the AFC West gets better with Herbert and Wilson Mahomes for his career is 25-3 vs the West which is why the AFC Championship is the Kansas City Invitational...
    Chargers had a lot of things to fix, even more than the Bengals, when they both drafted Burrow and Herbert. San Diego is almost there. Plus, the Chargers were changing cities. That's a huge shakeup.

"So Fla Red"

6 games a year against the Raiders and Broncos revolving door rebuilds and Brandon Staley.

Fortunately KC gets the AFC East and Philly as the NFC crossover game. They'll run the table vs. the NFC North and go 5-1 in division. So probably worst case 11-6 and more likely 13-4 or gasp 14-3 again if the AFC West continues to be practice fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    6 games a year against the Raiders and Broncos revolving door rebuilds and Brandon Staley.

Fortunately KC gets the AFC East and Philly as the NFC crossover game. They'll run the table vs. the NFC North and go 5-1 in division. So probably worst case 11-6 and more likely 13-4 or gasp 14-3 again if the AFC West continues to be practice fodder.
    Bengals have to tie them in wins and win the tie-breaker, which they should do again (unless the NFL comes up with a coin-flip to take things away from the Bengals).

2022/2023 NFL Season - Playoffs Thread

It's not just Redszone that thinks Romo has slipped. It's also his bosses https://nypost.com/2023/02/02/cbs-ex...page-in-booth/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Likes:

Chip R (02-03-2023),RiverRat13 (02-03-2023),Wonderful Monds (02-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    It's not just Redszone that thinks Romo has slipped. It's also his bosses https://nypost.com/2023/02/02/cbs-ex...page-in-booth/

The common demoninator is Jim Nantz. Phil Simms couldn't work with him, either. Nantz is whining because not enough attention gets paid to him. Nantz should be doing golf, not football. He's a major handicap to whoever he works with.

21. Likes:

Chip R (02-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The common demoninator is Jim Nantz. Phil Simms couldn't work with him, either. Nantz is whining because not enough attention gets paid to him. Nantz should be doing golf, not football. He's a major handicap to whoever he works with.
    Nantz might be hard to work with, but Phil Simms sucked all on his own.

Sounds like Romo just needs to do more homework since he can’t just rely on his knowledge from playing anymore since he’s been gone too long now.

23. Likes:

Chip R (02-06-2023),RiverRat13 (02-03-2023)

Nantz does basketball, golf, and NFL, and is widely considered one of the greatest announcers of all time. And is widely liked. I don't think Nantz is the problem.

Phil Simms' issue was that his analysis was basic and/or wrong. Romo was a breath of fresh air, but he's not the same guy he was. He was one of the first guys to bring that type of analysis, but now there are a lot of guys who are providing deep analysis and doing their homework. He's still very likeable and gifted, but he's no longer unique

25. Likes:

Redhook (02-03-2023),Revering4Blue (02-03-2023),westofyou (02-03-2023)

Turn Off Ads?